ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Masters Thread

tjlSker90

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 23, 2021
Best weekend of golf is upon us. Weather looks like it will play a factor.. 30 degree drop off from today to Saturday.
Lots of storylines this weekend to follow with LIV v PGA being a a big part (overplayed by the media) I for one hope one of the LIV guys wins it (Cam!!)
Will Tiger make the cut? Will Rory overcome all his masters heartache?

Tiger can’t put the ball in scoring position to save his life

So you're saying he can't "score the golf ball"?

1471523767-57b5ab43d4b54853863051.gif

Call me crazy, but I doubt any of the weekend hacker pga fanboys would turn down a huge amount of money to do the same thing for another company.

@mwulf how was your visit to Augusta?
Flying out tomorrow to head back. Hit Charleston, Savannah, Jekyll Island as well. I couldnt believe just how hilly Augusta was. Definitely got my steps in. The gift shop was shit show as far as crowds and my credit card goes. Spent 485 in there and could have easily spent another 485. Was a nice treat that food and drink was so cheap and parking was free. Ive never been on grass that nice. It was almost spongy but it was perfect. You can see some areas that have been dyed and they have green pebbles to fill in some bare spots as well. I might have spent an hour just people watching behind 18. At first I though anyone could go in that area but figured it out when I saw Tom Watson eating with his family at one table and Nick Faldo at another. Spent a ton of time at 11/12 and 15/16. Only complaint was it was overcast all day and I am weird about wanting some sun soaked pics.

Here is a link to the day

So what's the deal with the guy and his ball placement/marker controversy? I don't golf and am not familiar with the rules, but from what little I saw about it, I don't understand why some people had an issue with it??

So what's the deal with the guy and his ball placement/marker controversy? I don't golf and am not familiar with the rules, but from what little I saw about it, I don't understand why some people had an issue with it??
Twitter dorks think he cheated and moved his ball closer to the hole after he marked it.

Damn... Play suspended.. Looks like rain the rest of the day and tomorrow. Curious how it will play out. Gonna love to hear all the excuses if Brooksy wins

Damn... Play suspended.. Looks like rain the rest of the day and tomorrow. Curious how it will play out. Gonna love to hear all the excuses if Brooksy wins
It will be interesting to see if he can keep it going, especially if there's going to be a significant delay.

When healthy, Brooks is a tremendous golfer. It would appear That this is the healthiest he has been in at least a couple years. Not sure what excuses would be made.

I wonder what excuses will be made if he collapses.

It will be interesting to see if he can keep it going, especially if there's going to be a significant delay.

When healthy, Brooks is a tremendous golfer. It would appear That this is the healthiest he has been in at least a couple years. Not sure what excuses would be made.

I wonder what excuses will be made if he collapses.
I'm talking PGA guys using the delay as an excuse since he got to go off early and didn't get impacted by the delay in the middle of his round. PGA guys will whine about anything

I'm talking PGA guys using the delay as an excuse since he got to go off early and didn't get impacted by the delay in the middle of his round. PGA guys will whine about anything
That’s why I took Koepka to win this round this morning and him to win it all. Rahm is my original bet as well. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: tjlSker90
Oh man, the Master's folks are not a happy bunch with this.

Tournament Update​

Friday, April 07, 2023

Augusta National Golf Club can confirm that no injuries were reported from three trees that were blown over to the left of the No. 17 tee due to wind. The safety and well-being of everyone attending the Masters Tournament will always be the top priority of the Club. We will continue to closely monitor weather today and through the Tournament.
The Second Round has been officially suspended for the rest of the day. Play will resume Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. EDT. Ticket gates will open at 7:00 a.m. EDT as scheduled.

Brooks is leading the charge!
He’s playing great but man he got lucky with his tee times. Then there was that shot he hit into the trees that bounced out in to the middle of the fairway. Those poor bastards that had to finish round 2 this morning. 😕

Reactions: pwhusker
Flying out tomorrow to head back. Hit Charleston, Savannah, Jekyll Island as well. I couldnt believe just how hilly Augusta was. Definitely got my steps in. The gift shop was shit show as far as crowds and my credit card goes. Spent 485 in there and could have easily spent another 485. Was a nice treat that food and drink was so cheap and parking was free. Ive never been on grass that nice. It was almost spongy but it was perfect. You can see some areas that have been dyed and they have green pebbles to fill in some bare spots as well. I might have spent an hour just people watching behind 18. At first I though anyone could go in that area but figured it out when I saw Tom Watson eating with his family at one table and Nick Faldo at another. Spent a ton of time at 11/12 and 15/16. Only complaint was it was overcast all day and I am weird about wanting some sun soaked pics.

Here is a link to the day
Did you make it over to Aiken?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT