ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers Sighting

BleedRed78

Blackshirt
Oct 22, 2019
Kind of related: his daughter, Jewel, recently posted on Facebook a gentle reminder of how to spell her last name "don't forget the d."

Which prompted this reply:
"I thought children in this state come out of the womb knowing how to spell your last name..."

😂🤣😂👍👍

Idk how to post a picture on here lol. But I ran into Johnny Rodgers at the Omaha Entertainment Awards show. My band was nominated for two awards (Before We Die - check it out!) and I could care less after bumping into this legend!

Super humbled by the experience. Celebrity abound, and this random dude got to come away from it with this.

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nah and I don't need another one (already have a signed football).

Just wanted to capture the celebrity of the event and share!
I have an autographed football from an event he did several years ago in Scottsbluff. Who wants to make the opening bid? 🤗

I have an autographed football from an event he did several years ago in Scottsbluff. Who wants to make the opening bid? 🤗
1p1l69.jpg

Idk how to post a picture on here lol. But I ran into Johnny Rodgers at the Omaha Entertainment Awards show. My band was nominated for two awards (Before We Die - check it out!) and I could care less after bumping into this legend!

Super humbled by the experience. Celebrity abound, and this random dude got to come away from it with this.

That's cool. No Husker faithful is going to miss that photo opp.

• Love
That's only if he owes you $
Funny story. The night before a game all of the Heisman winners were in town for an event. My dad and I were having a couple of beers in the Embassy and Mike Rozier came in and asked to sit with us because the bar area was full and we had a couple of extra chairs at our table. Super super nice guy and just casually chatted with him from probably a half hour before he was headed somewhere. Right as Mike was getting ready to leave, "The Jet" came over to talk to Mike (probably headed to the same place). Before he said anything to Mike, he tried hard to try and sell us autographs. Said he'd sign as many things as we wanted for $20 bucks a signature. Mike asked him if he was serious and then just shook his head and walked off when he realized he was. Really awkward. Glad "The Jet" seems to not be hurting for cash anymore. Husker legend no doubt, but skewed my idea of him at the time. On the other hand, Rozier was a hell of a dude and barely talked anything football related.

Funny story. The night before a game all of the Heisman winners were in town for an event. My dad and I were having a couple of beers in the Embassy and Mike Rozier came in and asked to sit with us because the bar area was full and we had a couple of extra chairs at our table. Super super nice guy and just casually chatted with him from probably a half hour before he was headed somewhere. Right as Mike was getting ready to leave, "The Jet" came over to talk to Mike (probably headed to the same place). Before he said anything to Mike, he tried hard to try and sell us autographs. Said he'd sign as many things as we wanted for $20 bucks a signature. Mike asked him if he was serious and then just shook his head and walked off when he realized he was. Really awkward. Glad "The Jet" seems to not be hurting for cash anymore. Husker legend no doubt, but skewed my idea of him at the time. On the other hand, Rozier was a hell of a dude and barely talked anything football related.
That's fair. I decided to embrace the approach stated eloquently by @drubendall lol. Took my chances, and the Jet must've been fine enough on finances too not only entertain my fandom - but EMBRACE it by coaching up my Heisman pose!

As a diehard Husker fan, I'll take it as a win 😎

Very cool picture! My only question is what’s going on in the lower right of the picture?
Great question! No clue... Lol I think it was a kid from his entourage wandered over and a parent was attempting to wrangle her in since we were doing a fan photo.

Regardless of his "checkered past" his presence definitely gave the event an air of celebrity that it just wouldn't have if he hadn't been there.

It was really cool having a local legend at an event celebrating the local arts. Whether he was there for just that, or simply to support a relative or someone in his social circle, it lended the event some credibility.

Which it desperately needed. The evening was nothing but technical difficulties, staff meltdowns, and half assed attempts to solve the many mini crises that were collectively making the night overall pretty bunk.

You'd think this being the first awards ceremony since COVID they would've had their sh1t more figured out heading into such a prestigious (locally) event...

Which is why it was cool to see the Jet there and meet him/get a photo. Made the wonky evening totally worth it!

My band didn't win either of the two awards we were nominated for. But I came away feeling like a winner nevertheless!

Regardless of his "checkered past" his presence definitely gave the event an air of celebrity that it just wouldn't have if he hadn't been there.

It was really cool having a local legend at an event celebrating the local arts. Whether he was there for just that, or simply to support a relative or someone in his social circle, it lended the event some credibility.

Which it desperately needed. The evening was nothing but technical difficulties, staff meltdowns, and half assed attempts to solve the many mini crises that were collectively making the night overall pretty bunk.

You'd think this being the first awards ceremony since COVID they would've had their sh1t more figured out heading into such a prestigious (locally) event...

Which is why it was cool to see the Jet there and meet him/get a photo. Made the wonky evening totally worth it!

My band didn't win either of the two awards we were nominated for. But I came away feeling like a winner nevertheless!
A few years ago, I accompanied my wife to Allen's in Hastings & Johnny, The Jet, graciously signed a mural that was going up for a charity auction! He was very nice, and happy to do it! As I'm older now, I sometimes know people, even public people can have bad days! When I have a bad day, I ask myself, are you hungry, thirsty, tired, or drop an anvil on big toe! 🤔 I've always wondered as the trouble with punt returns, Scott, how come no Johnny running a clinic at Memorial Stadium?? Haha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT