ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jerry Springer, dead at 79

jerry-springer-tampa-bay-lightning.gif

Wow, bummer. My favorite show was a young guy's wife of two years brought him to the show to tell him something. She told him she was having an affair with a guy who wanted to be treated like a baby. They had a Springer-cam video from the pervert's home and she was shown feeding this disgusting fat guy in an adult-sized high chair. He had on a baby bonnet and was spitting the baby food back at her. Then the video showed him lying on an adult-sized baby bassinet and her changing his diaper and commenting, "Oh, baby made a stinky one". They wheeled the guy into the studio in an adult-sized baby carriage (with Thomas the Train on the front) and all he had on was a diaper and his bonnet. Of course he and the husband ended up getting it on.

Wow, bummer. My favorite show was a young guy's wife of two years brought him to the show to tell him something. She told him she was having an affair with a guy who wanted to be treated like a baby. They had a Springer-cam video from the pervert's home and she was shown feeding this disgusting fat guy in an adult-sized high chair. He had on a baby bonnet and was spitting the baby food back at her. Then the video showed him lying on an adult-sized baby bassinet and her changing his diaper and commenting, "Oh, baby made a stinky one". They wheeled the guy into the studio in an adult-sized baby carriage (with Thomas the Train on the front) and all he had on was a diaper and his bonnet. Of course he and the husband ended up getting it on.
the people we share the earth with....amazing

My wife’s family is from Cincinnati. Once Jerry wrote a check to a prostitute. Not a smart move and it was blabbed all over the airwaves.
jerry himself blabbed about it over the airwaves, he used it in his political campaign for governor of ohio showing that even though he did something "wrong" he was honest about it. he lost, but previously he was mayor of cinci and also previously a staffer for bobby kennedy.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
I dated someone whose friends went on that show. Dumbstruck, I asked dear god why? She said they were put up in a nice hotel, and it was basically a free vacation. The producers asked them to act as outrageous as possible, and they were happy to comply. After that I didn't take it so seriously.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
I dated someone whose friends went on that show. Dumbstruck, I asked dear god why? She said they were put up in a nice hotel, and it was basically a free vacation. The producers asked them to act as outrageous as possible, and they were happy to comply. After that I didn't take it so seriously.
I'm pretty sure I watch the show once and then said this is shit. Never watched again. Then, the clones came and television became worse. Kind of like the reality shows in the mid 2000s. It started with one and then everybody was doing it. Today, TV Is a wasteland of nothing. It's why I don't pay for it any longer.

Everything was staged including the fights. The show had to admit to it or the cops said they were coming in and arrest people for assault. Jerry made a lot of money but he was a POS of a person.

Where do you draw the line? Dr. Phil? Oprah? Shark tank? The Profit? Bar Rescue?
IMHO, they're all bad, but I actually think the shows that act as if they're helping people (Dr. Phil, Celebrity Rehab, Shark Tank, etc) are worse. I guess the nicest thing you could say about the Springer show was it didn't pretend to be anything other than exploitation.

I remember as a kid at recess people would start shouting "Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry!" If it looked like a fight was gonna break out.

Loved the show, definitely entertaining

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT