ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is Budweiser really losing money?

big red22

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2003
There seems to be this sentiment that Bud Light is shutting their doors and having to lay off everyone.

They may be losing a couple billion, but I don't think it is "over" like a lot of you think.

I looked this up after I saw that video from Sturgis... 59 Billion in Revenue over the last 12 months is not exactly roughing it from all the protesting

Yeah a couple billion here and there and layoffs and losing shelf space and taps, sales down...no biggie. These monopoly companies can absorb big losses for sure. How long until it affects them? Guess we'll see.

Reactions: baseball31ne
There seems to be this sentiment that Bud Light is shutting their doors and having to lay off everyone.

They may be losing a couple billion, but I don't think it is "over" like a lot of you think.

I looked this up after I saw that video from Sturgis... 59 Billion in Revenue over the last 12 months is not exactly roughing it from all the protesting

I saw they sold off about 8 of their craft breweries the other day. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the boycott or not.

People shouldn’t refrain from buying their products because of their ads. They should refrain from buying their products, because their products are ass.

My next door neighbor runs Adult Beverage and Wine for a massive nation grocery chain that everyone here knows. Not just just a store - I mean all of the nation.

He told me that two weeks ago, AB had to take back 53 semi trucks full of Bud Light from one city alone that were set to expire. They had to pay to remove them from the stores.

The southwest US is gone for them and will never recover because the Mexicans used to drink Bud Light as their go-to beer in the region. Said that they loved it because it seemed American to them. They all switched overnight to Modelo and he said AB won’t get them back ever. Said it’s done.

My next door neighbor runs Adult Beverage and Wine for a massive nation grocery chain that everyone here knows. Not just just a store - I mean all of the nation.

He told me that two weeks ago, AB had to take back 53 semi trucks full of Bud Light from one city alone that were set to expire. They had to pay to remove them from the stores.

The southwest US is gone for them and will never recover because the Mexicans used to drink Bud Light as their go-to beer in the region. Said that they loved it because it seemed American to them. They all switched overnight to Modelo and he said AB won’t get them back ever. Said it’s done.
Aren't they all owned by the same parent company? Inbev? So when people boycott and switch over to Modelo, Inbev still wins.

We don’t care if you’re trans bro

Disney is still down over 50% bro… kong went woke 🤣
I didn't own it at the peak

and I have no feelings toward either company. the dip in public perception of both represented a nice buying opportunity. money is blind.

bud/bud light is absolute trash. attending disneyworld/land is a nightmare.

Reactions: solarpanels and c3o
I like Breckenridge Brewery so I was thrilled when Buttwipe sold em....bought my first sixer of Avalanche since he who shall not be named was given his own can to celebrate his mental illness. I'm not dumb enough to think they're going broke but I'm also smart enough to know that nobody likes losing market share and stock price and the black eye the brand now has. I also hope they never recover.

That is a fascinatiing story. Thanks for sharing.

All Budweiser would have to do is get the wazzzzzupp boys back together to regain some market traction.
Whats Up 90S GIF by The Gregory Brothers

I didn't own it at the peak

and I have no feelings toward either company. the dip in public perception of both represented a nice buying opportunity. money is blind.

bud/bud light is absolute trash. attending disneyworld/land is a nightmare.
This could have a major impact...

Reactions: SomedayHusker

Missed opportunity for Meeler Lite.

Aren't they all owned by the same parent company? Inbev? So when people boycott and switch over to Modelo, Inbev still wins.
I know guys who switched from Bud Light to Busch Light🙄. Yeah it causes some short term headaches but that’s about it. Smarter people have dumped all of their InBev brands and that does hurt. It’s harmed local distributors more than any body else.

I’m not sure but he did say that they have seen some numbers spike a little in other beers that were also owned by the parent company. Said the majority went to modelo or miller.

Said the other companies have not done much store advertising to take over the free market share either. They have just let the chips fall where they may on it knowing they will get some. He didn’t think that anyone wanted to stick their head out of the foxhole at this time and risk alienating anyone. They were just going to be happy with whatever bump they got from Bud Lights business.

Also said Bud Light has a plan to run some insane rebate program to basically have a mail in rebate that would make them the cheapest beer by far for a little bit. Said they are going to try to buy their business back. But the rebate would be a mail in one and companies know customers don’t send mail order rebates in. But that’s the plan.

Reactions: giocatore83
While AB is the parent company, bud light still has its own employees etc. specific to that beer. AB could recover while bud light fails. Busch light has their own employees and advertisers that have nothing to do with bud light.
The decision to go woke was bud lights. The cover up by AB and refusal to admit fault was their mistake.

I know guys who switched from Bud Light to Busch Light🙄. Yeah it causes some short term headaches but that’s about it. Smarter people have dumped all of their InBev brands and that does hurt. It’s harmed local distributors more than any body else.
Yeah, sucks for the distributors who had nothing to do with this, but big Corp. has got to learn. We don’t associate with pedophiles.

FYI Modelo is owned by same company as Bud Light.....no lost revenue. That's the point. Some have switched to or still drink Busch Light. You're not accomplishing anything if you don't boycott parent company.

FYI Modelo is owned by same company as Bud Light.....no lost revenue. That's the point. Some have switched to or still drink Busch Light. You're not accomplishing anything if you don't boycott parent company.
I can assure you AB doesn’t want people going from bud light to Busch lite … smaller margin

I think most are again focused on the wrong thing here and just thinking small. People need to get to the next line of questioning and ask who is the obviously smaller group of people making these same decisions for now probably over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations and why?

This many companies have never randomly decided to (knowingly) alienate at least half of their customers, virtually all at once. This isn’t a coincidence, nor is it a chain reaction of companies “falling in line” to this weird bullshit because it’s proven over and over again to fail miserably. Claiming these companies are ALL simply that incompetent is just lazy at this point.

Someone is making them do this for social engineering purposes and you have to be able to look beyond “they’re trying to turn more people trans”. The calculated reaction by us could be a desired effect as well. At the very least it’s a whole new arena of the ongoing division.

Reactions: Lincoln100
I can't stand Bud or Busch or any of that, but if you boycott stuff because it offends your precious beliefs you are a simp snowflake. If you make a product that I actually like I don't give a crap about your beliefs/commercials.

If you don't want to buy anything that varies from your own beliefs you'd have to be off the grid completely.

I think most are again focused on the wrong thing here and just thinking small. People need to get to the next line of questioning and ask who is the obviously smaller group of people making these same decisions for now probably over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations and why?

This many companies have never randomly decided to (knowingly) alienate at least half of their customers, virtually all at once. This isn’t a coincidence, nor is it a chain reaction of companies “falling in line” to this weird bullshit because it’s proven over and over again to fail miserably. Claiming these companies are ALL simply that incompetent is just lazy at this point.

Someone is making them do this for social engineering purposes and you have to be able to look beyond “they’re trying to turn more people trans”. The calculated reaction by us could be a desired effect as well. At the very least it’s a whole new arena of the ongoing division.
It’s all about the ESG scores..

This guy is top 10 most evil people in the past 100 years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT