ADVERTISEMENT

OT Hurricane Milton

Wouldn't be surprised to see Milton get sheared off and weaken. The jet stream is pretty strong and dry air. Seems to be moving slower. Probably a crap shoot at this time but I'd say 50/50 if it's a <4>

He's not who you think he is.

Diddy & Epstein list
66544a07-9c16-4ea1-ba45-428037fbda55.gif

How many hurricanes is this this year? What is the typical amount in a given year? It just seems like every year, we hear about more and more of them. Killing my Insurance rates.

NM.

The average number of hurricanes per year varies by region, but here's some information about hurricanes in the Atlantic, central Pacific, and worldwide:

• Atlantic basin
    The average number of hurricanes per year in the Atlantic basin is around seven, with 14 named storms and three major hurricanes. The 2024 Atlantic hurricane season is expected to be above normal, with a 90% chance of this happening.

• Central Pacific
    The average number of tropical cyclones per year in the central Pacific is around four to five. The 2024 central Pacific hurricane season is expected to be below normal, with a forecast range of one to four tropical cyclones.

• Worldwide
    The average number of hurricanes per year worldwide from 1990 to 2022 was 47. In 2023, there were 45 hurricanes registered worldwide.
The number of hurricanes and the number that reach the United States has not shown a clear trend since 1878. However, cyclone intensity has increased noticeably over the past 30 years.
And it's not above normal.

I’m out of the loop. Can you educate us?
I'm never sure when you're being serious or just jacking around.

If you're being serious, then I'll give it a go, but I don't want to clog up this important thread about a serious Hurrican threat for some of our posters who live in the affected area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT