ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Hawaii wildfires

I'm surprised them rich folks did'nt have water plenty right by the ocean...just have some pumps..

Mary Ann died from Covid in 2020
I lived in San Bernardino County in 2020 and I'm here to tell you very few deaths in LA and SB counties in 2020 were NOT flagged as due to "complications from Covid-19". Even things like falls and motorcycle accidents. Dawn Wells suffered from dementia and had a bad fall in 2018 she never completely recovered from.

They probably have some sort of fire suppression system.
Explosion Reaction GIF

You should get some sleep. You people really thing the elite would cause harm to the common folk of this country for their political and financial gain!? What’s next? The same elite are sleeping with children on some island too?
Speaking of Pedo island visitors. Here's the list. Lots of big-name Hollywood and DC people on there. Weird the media hasn't released yet?

The family wants to go to Europe next year. I'm not really feeling into it. I like the natural world in all it's varied grandeur (mountains, rainforests, beaches, glaciers, wildlife, etc). I hate crowds of dumb people. We went on a Carnival cruise with a stop at Disney in March and I didn't enjoy it. Only thing I really liked was a stop in the DR.
Switzerland and Austria will check a few of your boxes

To get the landowners to sell the land cheap so they can redevelop..allegedly
Land in Hawaii isn’t owned, it’s leased from the Kingdom of Hawaii at various intervals up to 100 years

Literally everyone who’s looked into a vacation home on the islands knows this

I've done Long's Peak once. If I were to name my favorite days in my life that one would be at or near the top.
Even though, I still feel guilty for coming upon a young woman crying as she felt she was too frightend to continue, her party left her there. I should have stayed and helped her back to the key hole.

Reactions: king_kong_
Land in Hawaii isn’t owned, it’s leased from the Kingdom of Hawaii at various intervals up to 100 years

Well I’ve never looked into a vacation home in Hawaii I guess. I’m also extremely uninformed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: king_kong_
To get the landowners to sell the land cheap so they can redevelop..allegedly

Fears of predatory land grabs mount in the ashes of Maui, opening old wounds​

“Fear of predatory land grabbers coming in is legitimate because it’s already happening, it’s been happening for generations now,” said Kaniela Ing, a Native Hawaiian community organizer whose family has been on Maui for seven generations. “And every time there’s a crisis, it accelerates.”
“Before the fire in Lahaina, the same process had continued to unfold in west Maui, where Native Hawaiians, local families, were being priced out of their homes as wealthier people from out-of-state bought second or third homes, investment properties or homes that they could retire into,” Higa told CNN. “And prices of housing in west Maui has vastly outstripped the wages that are paid in Maui, especially for people working in the hospitality industry.”

There have been numerous reports of power lines getting snapped with the 80 MPH gusts we were getting. There has been criticism HECO didn't cut power to those lines. It is reported HECO is now looking to restructure. There was an article in the WSJ.

Paid Link: https://www.wsj.com/us-news/wildfire-risk-maui-hawaiian-electric-7beed21e

There are actually multiple designations for land here in Hawaii. You are referring to Land Lease which is as you describe. There is also Fee Simple where you do buy the land and are not leasing.

My best friends son, DIL and 3 children were staying at one of the resorts for a family reunion. They were told they had to evacuate immediately without being able to go back to their room to grab their things. They headed out in the rental van with just the clothes on their back.

At first they headed into town and were stuck in a traffic jam on Front Street. (The street where many of the burned out cars were found) They decided to ask the car behind they to back up 2 feet so they could turn around and head out a different direction. Had they not done so, they may not be here today.

Last edited:
Are there really people that think these wildfires were part of a conspiracy? For what purpose?
How many "conspiracies" have to come true before people wake up and start (rightly) questioning everything? We are fed so much BS that doesn't add up and the majority of the country just eats it all up, no questions asked. WTH?! 🤷‍♂️

I lived in San Bernardino County in 2020 and I'm here to tell you very few deaths in LA and SB counties in 2020 were NOT flagged as due to "complications from Covid-19". Even things like falls and motorcycle accidents. Dawn Wells suffered from dementia and had a bad fall in 2018 she never completely recovered from.
Yep….headlines: man eaten by shark dies from COVID. What a farce.

Fears of predatory land grabs mount in the ashes of Maui, opening old wounds​

“Fear of predatory land grabbers coming in is legitimate because it’s already happening, it’s been happening for generations now,” said Kaniela Ing, a Native Hawaiian community organizer whose family has been on Maui for seven generations. “And every time there’s a crisis, it accelerates.”
“Before the fire in Lahaina, the same process had continued to unfold in west Maui, where Native Hawaiians, local families, were being priced out of their homes as wealthier people from out-of-state bought second or third homes, investment properties or homes that they could retire into,” Higa told CNN. “And prices of housing in west Maui has vastly outstripped the wages that are paid in Maui, especially for people working in the hospitality industry.”
Yep….and I guess we will know some enough if they rebuild as a fully “green” community….let’s just see….difference in conspiracy and truth is about 5 years.

How many "conspiracies" have to come true before people wake up and start (rightly) questioning everything? We are fed so much BS that doesn't add up and the majority of the country just eats it all up, no questions asked. WTH?! 🤷‍♂️
If you don’t buy the talking points you’re labeled a conspiracy theorist. What happened to THE MEDIA asking tough questions?

There are many unanswered questions that don't add up.
You either have to believe that public officials were completely incompetent or that there was some degree of complicity in a lack of action.

Personally as jaded and suspicious as I tend to be, my guess is it was gross incompetence by the power company and elected officials. I don’t think there’s much doubt that downed power lines started the fires. ☹️

Some of that is that those structures were either built with or retrofitted with fire resistant roofs and siding. Residents have been encouraged to do that for over a decade but it sounds like many of the homes in the heart of the town were owned by low income folks unable to afford to retrofit their homes. ☹️

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT