ADVERTISEMENT

OT - FSBO - Has anyone sold their own house?

husk_powr04

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2004
My wife and I split and the house is the last thing that's still shares our names. She wants off the mortgage and wants "her" equity so it's time to sell.

Originally had the Agent that helped us buy the house on deck to sell it for me. She stopped over, had done her research, gave it look and we agreed on a price. We went through the paperwork. She's very transparent and great to work with, and she disclosed (which I appreciate) the closing cost and commissions would be $19,000. Sorry, but hell no. I'm going to give it a shot myself for a month, and if I can't get a bite, then I'll find someone to list it, but not for 6% commission.

I'd love to hear any advice from the board about the process.

Here's the listing

I'm really hoping to find a young growing family that needs it, or just some good people I guess. The houses in my neighborhood sell fast and are getting bought up by developers who turn them into rentals immediately. They pay cash, so they don't have to worry about interest rates, and then they charge $2100 for rent, when the mortgage would be about $1700. It's killing the "american dream" for a lot of poeple. We were lucky to get this house 3 years ago, and it'e because a friend clued us in, and we met the owner before she put it on the market. She had to sell quick, so it worked out for everyone, without that hookup, we were being outbid by $25K on every house in the low to mid 200'S.

Please share that link with anyone you know that's looking! I appreciate you all and GBR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News