ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Four Teens Die in Car Accident Near Gretna

I admit I don't know the deets in this scenario but I'm not sure what I'd do here if I knew the person(s) "responsible". I'd need to know if the kids who died were drunk first, because if they were, then I'd be tempted to wonder if the accident was enough their fault to where I'm not ruining anymore lives over it by snitching. Glad I don't know anything about it and I'm sorry for the parents who lost their children. Shitty deal all around.
The person who bought it has to live with them killing their friend/sibling/whomever forever. I’m not sure I understand the crusade to punish them further.

Buying kids beer is dumb. But you never bought your younger sibling beer when you were 21? Or a college buddy that was a year or two younger? I’m not condoning it. The parents of the kids who died sure don’t seem to be pushing for to find the buyer. But a bunch of us sure seem to want justice.

The person who bought it has to live with them killing their friend/sibling/whomever forever. I’m not sure I understand the crusade to punish them further.

Buying kids beer is dumb. But you never bought your younger sibling beer when you were 21? Or a college buddy that was a year or two younger? I’m not condoning it. The parents of the kids who died sure don’t seem to be pushing for to find the buyer. But a bunch of us sure seem to want justice.
I had beer with my dad when I was under 21. I had beers with my friends when I was under 21 did all of that stuff. We have one simple rule if you walk out of the house after having had a beer your backside got kicked and there was no exceptions. You didn’t leave the house. The changes allowing that to happen and it leads to an Events like this. The change is allowing that to happen and it leads to events like this. It sucks that these folks lost their life. It also sucks that those who contributed to it aren’t getting justice in the courts and frankly after this much time, their morals and their value is what we’ve seen, and the people that are protecting the information to let the rest of us know the truth I kind of question their morals and values as well.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112

Because it's the law. We are a nation of laws, not a nation of men. The young man that chose to drive drunk and killed my daughter, my unborn grandson, and my daughter's best friend has to live with killing them for the rest of his life. He also claims to have found Jesus during his rehab (btw, I take him at his word on that). Should we not follow the law of the State of Nebraska and punish him accordingly? That is just "piling on" to what he has to go through for the rest of his life. We have "all" been given a "life" sentence. That doesn't mean we shouldn't follow the laws of the State of Nebraska.

Because it's the law. We are a nation of laws, not a nation of men. The young man that chose to drive drunk and killed my daughter, my unborn grandson, and my daughter's best friend has to live with killing them for the rest of his life. He also claims to have found Jesus during his rehab (btw, I take him at his word on that). Should we not follow the law of the State of Nebraska and punish him accordingly? That is just "piling on" to what he has to go through for the rest of his life. We have "all" been given a "life" sentence. That doesn't mean we shouldn't follow the laws of the State of Nebraska.
Driving drunk and killing someone (I am very sorry for your loss) is different than buying beer for someone underage.

And the victims families seem to be okay with letting it go. I’m sure you wouldn’t be in your situation. I am sure I wouldn’t be if that happened to me.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Driving drunk and killing someone (I am very sorry for your loss) is different than buying beer for someone underage.

And the victims families seem to be okay with letting it go. I’m sure you wouldn’t be in your situation. I am sure I wouldn’t be if that happened to me.
Different situations, yes. The law still needs to be followed. I doubt the victims' families are "ok" with letting it go. Just because they "seem" to be okay doesn't mean they are. I don't know all of the "behind the scenes" info, nor do I want to, but I can't think of a single parent that I know that would be "ok" with someone contributing to their child's death & just letting it go because whoever it is will have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

And it appears the community is still hiding the identity of who supplied the alcohol.
Who cares. It happens all the time. In this one instance, it ended in tragedy, but does that mean the person deserved a more severe punishment than what happens all the time? No, there's no justice there.

Here's a guess: this wasn't the first time this group had been given alcohol, so to get mad at whomever provided it this time would be hypocritical when others had provided it at previous times.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Posse up! Form that mob! Hilarious what we get all riled up over when there are other insane things going on that are just as horrible that we sit and watch and let happen day after day in this country. Justa a talking and a talking. Talk about cowardice.

Cuck nation baby!

Posse up! Form that mob! Hilarious what we get all riled up over when there are other insane things going on that are just as horrible that we sit and watch and let happen day after day in this country. Justa a talking and a talking. Talk about cowardice.

Cuck nation baby!
Emo,
Your schtick is growing old.

My opinion from Alaska.

Your personal experience is tragic.

In this case I tend to think we should just let things be as they are. No sense to destroy more.
That's a great deterrent for the future. What's the legacy of this tragic accident? Nothing changes, nobody does anything and it happens over and over again. At what point is it enough & something gets done? Even when the law is followed, the penalties are not enough to be a deterrent. Let's all just stick our heads in the sand cause we don't want to make any waves & possibly save another child's life somewhere down the road.

That's a great deterrent for the future. What's the legacy of this tragic accident? Nothing changes, nobody does anything and it happens over and over again. At what point is it enough & something gets done? Even when the law is followed, the penalties are not enough to be a deterrent. Let's all just stick our heads in the sand cause we don't want to make any waves & possibly save another child's life somewhere down the road.
What would Jesus do.

I am not religious in the least, but think this mythical figure would suggest enough harm has already been done.

What would Jesus do.

I am not religious in the least, but think this mythical figure would suggest enough harm has already been done.
I'm not religious either, but I wouldn't expect Jesus to simply be ok with letting people who commit criminal acts off the hook because "enough harm has been done".

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Here's a guess: this wasn't the first time this group had been given alcohol, so to get mad at whomever provided it this time would be hypocritical when others had provided it at previous times.
So the fentanyl dealer who's customer dies shouldn't be punished because the dealer down the street didn't have any of their customers die?

So the fentanyl dealer who's customer dies shouldn't be punished because the dealer down the street didn't have any of their customers die?

I'm saying that's why no one is talking. I'm not commenting on if they should be punished.

You have to understand from a family’s take , My brother was killed in a car accident ( alcohol not involved) it’s not going to bring the child back so some just want to move on.

That depends, did the customer know that they were getting fentanyl or did the customer think they were getting something else?

We are a nation of will for enforcing or not enforcing laws. It’s been that way for damn near the history of this nation. If the laws were enforced as they are written our nation would not have the long history of scandals in and out of government and business.

People are ruled by money, sex and power. Find what gets you the third and use the others to your advantage to stay away from the law being applied to you and those you think like.

Different situations, yes. The law still needs to be followed. I doubt the victims' families are "ok" with letting it go. Just because they "seem" to be okay doesn't mean they are. I don't know all of the "behind the scenes" info, nor do I want to, but I can't think of a single parent that I know that would be "ok" with someone contributing to their child's death & just letting it go because whoever it is will have to live with it for the rest of their lives.
You're right, I doubt they're "ok" with someone contributing to their child's death, but "ok enough" to let it go.

Maybe they already know or have a good idea who it was & because of who it may have been, there's more forgiveness?

Maybe they're not though, who knows? And if they're not, their actions to go after those who contributed to their child's death would be totally reasonable & understandable.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

The problem with this situation is it was an adult family likely related to the dead or surviving kids that was where they were last allegedly at before they left and died while drunk driving. The entire Gretna community victims and driver's family seemingly have clammed up. They have all circled the wagons for no good reason.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
You have to understand from a family’s take , My brother was killed in a car accident ( alcohol not involved) it’s not going to bring the child back so some just want to move on.
This. Similar situation in my family many years ago. No drugs or alcohol but other driver went to jail for reckless homicide (vehicular manslaughter). Even after driver got almost the max sentence it wasn’t enough. We wanted MORE justice. As time went on, those feelings became too much. Those feelings just helped to distract from dealing with the grief and changed nothing. Living in that state of mind makes you focus on how your loved one was killed, not how they lived.

Whether you’re religious or not, the power of forgiveness is a powerful tool for being able to live your life and remembering how your loved one lived. Eventually you also realize that there are others who depend on you and they need you to be your best self. So if the families aren’t interested in tracking down the alcohol supplier, I get it. If they are and they’re looking for justice, I get that too. The grieving process is everlasting, dynamic, and complex, and it doesn’t always make sense looking from the outside.

You never get over a loss like that, you just learn better ways to live with the grief.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT