ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Classical music

Oct 6, 2012
I have just recently begun hosting a weekly Classical show on same station I do my Rock and Roll show on.

Again, it is late even in Alaska, I go on at 10pm for 2 hours.

My question is this:

What is your favorite piece, or favorite pieces?

I did this same show from 2004-7, but it being on Thursday evening til midnight, made it real hard for work the next day.

What are your favorites?

Go Big Red too,
I have played that song before on my show!

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Gas as in classical. Yes it's not really, just kind of a cool song.

This is going to be cheezy but I do like Bach and some traditional wedding preludes

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
I have just recently begun hosting a weekly Classical show on same station I do my Rock and Roll show on.

My question is this:

I did this same show from 2004-7, but it being on Thursday evening til midnight, made it real hard for work the next day.

What are your favorites?

Go Big Red too,
Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

Reactions: Spectrumalaska

My question is this:

What are your favorites?

Go Big Red too,
Freebird

My question is this:

What are your favorites?

Go Big Red too,
Rachmaninoff

Fur Elise (you'll have to imagine the umlaut). It is a relatively short piece so can fit in anywhere on your play list. For even more Beethoven, the 9th Symphony, especially the 4th movement. Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor is always a crowd pleaser.
Once I get comfortable again, I am going to play all 9 Symphonies on succesive weeks.

I have to brush up on my knowledge of their history and significance. The key signatures were very symbolic in that era.

D minor for instance was either Demonic or Devotional in baroque music. An interesting combination.

Toccata and Fugue is definately on the demonic side, where as the Partita no2 in D minor is much different.

I just love music, but am drawn to the minor keys. Seems those keys can create so much emotion.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Rachmaninoff piano concertos 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Season 4 Omg GIF by DARK SIDE OF THE RING

Ravel's Bolero; then ask Bo Derek what she likes to do.
But seriously, Beethoven, Back, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Chopin can't go wrong. And Handel's Hallejulah

Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker Suite.

I had a teacher in grade school one year who played this softly during EVERY afternoon's study hall. It must have been the only record she, or the school, owned. It got SO ingrained in my head that I'm surprised I've always been able to appreciate it. I think it's The Boston Pops performance of it I like best.

Last edited:
My all-time favored is George Gershwin‘s Rhapsody in blue.
khatia adds a certain bit of shall i say "lewdness" to the score that's already dripping sensuality. she walks out there and lifts the first violin's hand as if to say: i'm in charge now, wench.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskers360

My question is this:

What are your favorites?

Go Big Red too,
ZZ Top Sharp Dressed Man. It’s classical at my house. 😉

My question is this:

What are your favorites?

Go Big Red too,
I like both kinds of music -- country AND western!

With a nod to The Blues Brothers

My question is this:

What are your favorites?

Go Big Red too,
Any baroque !!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT