ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ext...

I'll gladly let 4 other dudes take their choice and "settle" for the left over. Their all out of my league.

1ebb78e2-c1b3-404a-8487-86096481216d_text.gif

When a person has no usefulness or purpose, is it a sin to end what is causing others obvious burden and strife?
If so, why?
No motive, just curious what peoples opinions are.

not without an attempt at correction.

unless the offender's crime ends/forever alters another's life, or if the crimes are those against the property of citizens. in these instances the perpetrator has forfeited their rights, all of them.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Jesus Christ <-link to disgusting trashy WaPo article. NSFW(?)

I'm trying to figure out exactly what is right and what is wrong in this clown show.
Respect the children. Respect the parents and families who are still suffering. Destroy people who question the narrative, so long as they're your political or ideological enemy. Hide evidence when it makes your narrative look bad.
It's okay when we do it. This is insanity.

Reactions: Jaemekon and Laner2
Jesus Christ <-link to disgusting trashy WaPo article. NSFW(?)

I'm trying to figure out exactly what is right and what is wrong in this clown show.
Respect the children. Respect the parents and families who are still suffering. Destroy people who question the narrative, so long as they're your political or ideological enemy. Hide evidence when it makes your narrative look bad.
It's okay when we do it. This is insanity.
most of the gun violence is not committed by lawful gun owners.. that said, the article is specifically on the AR15, which is a semi automatic version of the M16 (fully automatic) rifle developed in the 70's.

what is so deadly about that weapon? the cartridge..

the .223 (5.56 nato) cartridge size is only slightly bigger than the small .22 round useful for small game.. the difference is it is packed with a very high charge pushing the muzzle velocity somewhere up to 2800 fps (it varies) making the bullet sort of disintegrate upon impact. So how this works, is it retains the accuracy of any other rifle going down range, then as soon as it hits it's target (no body armor) the bullet usually fragments into several smaller parts. This creates very ugly internal wound channels, I would say almost like a mini shotgun style of wound on the inside, so people suffer massive internal bleeding and usually don't survive.

In the literature I read, the round was initially designed to wound more than kill, but in the Vietnam war it was noted how well the cartridge ended up killing the enemy.

It's a very nasty round..

The old rounds used from WW2 were more powerful, but if you were hit by one, there were good odds it went in and out with only a small hole, and you could survive that easier than the round I describe above.

As to why people and society are violent and hypocritical, I would just say, this is the human race and it explains the need for some type of religion, whether you believe in one or not to try and control things at a societal level.

The most dangerous creature to a human is another human.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaemekon
As to why people and society are violent and hypocritical, I would just say, this is the human race and it explains the need for some type of religion, whether you believe in one or not to try and control things at a societal level.
I always believed that to be the case. It's part of the reason I'm not able to be saved.
However, I also think, in some ways, its a terrible waste to live with nothing afterwards.
I also do believe in a soul.
Regardless, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to see people you love so dearly again. "getting right" is something I'm failing at.
My bro said "you know, I don't worry about it because if there's nothing after then it doesn't matter. You wont know it". It wasn't comforting.

Reactions: Laner2 and Jaemekon
I always believed that to be the case. It's part of the reason I'm not able to be saved.
However, I also think, in some ways, its a terrible waste to live with nothing afterwards.
Regardless, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to see people you love so dearly again. "getting right" is something I'm failing at.
My bro said "you know, I don't worry about it because if there's nothing after then it doesn't matter. You wont know it". It wasn't comforting.
I don't know.. basically you do the best you can, and that's all you can do. Try to help others, try to push things forward.. We have very little control over many things in life, so just do your best and F the rest.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag

I have a couple questions for you. First, why do you say that you're unable to be saved?

Second, you say, "I do believe in a soul." Well, how valuable do you believe your soul is? If someone offered you a large sum of money for, lets say, your eyes, would you be willing to sell them? Most sane people would not give up something so precious for any amount of money in the world. Then how much more precious is your soul (something eternal) than something of flesh and blood (which is finite)? Truly, we shouldn't be so cavalier with our own soul, which reminds me of one of my favorite verses: "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?"(Mark 8:36). There is nothing this world can offer that you can take with you when you die. Just be careful not to give your soul up for this perishing world.

But since you believe in a soul, I assume you believe in its eternality. And if you believe that, then you believe in an afterlife. If you believe in an afterlife, then you likely believe in a higher power. If you at least believe that much I hope you do not grow complacent searching for the answer because there is a right answer. Fortunately, God is good and He made that information known so you don't have to look too hard. Pick up a Bible my friend, and read.

Not knowing where you are going after you die is a precarious and dangerous way to go through life especially considering you do not know when that day will come. But just saying "oh well, ill do the best I can (whatever that is) and hope that if there is a God, He will accept me as I am regardless of what I believe" offers no assurance of salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Thank you guys. I apologize for bringing it here. I appreciate your words.
There is never a wrong place to have these conversations. It is too important to dismiss or put off for a later time that may never happen. Just know God cares for you and you can be saved. Even the worst of sin can be forgiven. Please keep thinking about this. God bless you man.

Last edited:

nawlens, needs to get their act together. what a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT