ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ext...

You were a poster when Russia took crimea back in 2014, but I don’t see any opinions from your search history? You didn’t care then.. why do you care now? Are you just more susceptible to propaganda now?
It's always been an issue for me. My grandfather whom I never met, fled Ukraine after the Russian invasion after WW2. Likewise, my grandmother fled Lithuania after Russia also invaded after WW2. They had my mother in Germany after the war, and then were able to settle to the US a few years after the war was over when the US also accepted migrants.

When I was in the Army, I got posted to Fulda Germany, this is back when there was an East Germany (Russia controlled) and regularly patrolled the east/west border for my term in the Army.

I'm also the age where we grew up as kids going through the cold war, so it's not something I forget.

I'm going to try to take a trip to Ukraine next year to see if I can trace more of my family heritage.

As to the propaganda part, it exists on both sides, but there is no way I would want to just let Russia and China keep building their communist regimes at the expense of our way of life.

I might as well just say it.. I'm a little off these last few days. I just lost my sister on Thursday to cirrhosis of the liver. Flying back to Florida next week and have to try to put some closure to some things. As with most things dealing with family, it's complicated, but I feel like I tried to do everything in my power to get her sober and got so close, a number of times. It's a gut punch to be honest.
Dang man that sucks. Sorry for your loss.

I might as well just say it.. I'm a little off these last few days. I just lost my sister on Thursday to cirrhosis of the liver. Flying back to Florida next week and have to try to put some closure to some things. As with most things dealing with family, it's complicated, but I feel like I tried to do everything in my power to get her sober and got so close, a number of times. It's a gut punch to be honest.
Sorry man

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I keep hearing more and more stories like this from people I know. Makes me wanna quit drinking. A buddy of my was diagnosed with early stage cirrhosis and he only drinks like 3 beers a day

I keep hearing more and more stories like this from people I know. Makes me wanna quit drinking. A buddy of my was diagnosed with early stage cirrhosis and he only drinks like 3 beers a day
Doesn't the liver heal itself?

3 beers a day is a fair amount.

I've had 2 bloody Mary's today 😁

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Freedom isn’t free. The whole thing with Ukraine is precisely about that. Screw anyone who would choose to give up their freedom to live under the communist boot.
Absolutely. And I agree with you sending money and weapons to Ukraine is the cheapest way ever to occupy a bastard like Putin, so he doesn’t take on another country and cause even more trouble.

And I’m very sorry for your loss.

It's an accumulation over a long period of time that gets you.

I try not to be some sort of evangelist about it, but if you get the shakes for a day or two after trying to quit your bender, you're on that path.

I can say this when I spoke to my sister about a week before it all went down, she was in big pain. Severe stomach pain (actually was her liver). And then after she went to the hospital and I spoke with her a few days later, she was still in pain, making like heaving soundings from the ICU and told me things were not good. She knew what was happening. After about 3 days in ICU and another 4-5 in the regular hospital room, they put her in the hospice wing where she died about 4 days later.

I'm on my 11th year of sobriety and consider alcohol the equivalent of the devil. It's one of the most horrific things I can imagine once it's got it's hold on you.

Anyway, for those that are addicted (not saying you are) there is hope and you can quit if you make the decision to change your life. Every aspect of your life has to change and you have to be willing to do that.

For the casual person who consumes alcohol, just don't let it become a habit or you can also be sucked down that same drain.

Okay, end of my preaching on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
It's an accumulation over a long period of time that gets you.

I try not to be some sort of evangelist about it, but if you get the shakes for a day or two after trying to quit your bender, you're on that path.

I can say this when I spoke to my sister about a week before it all went down, she was in big pain. Severe stomach pain (actually was her liver). And then after she went to the hospital and I spoke with her a few days later, she was still in pain, making like heaving soundings from the ICU and told me things were not good. She knew what was happening. After about 3 days in ICU and another 4-5 in the regular hospital room, they put her in the hospice wing where they made the pain go away and she died about 4 days later.

I'm on my 11th year of sobriety and consider alcohol the equivalent of the devil. It's one of the most horrific things I can imagine once it's got it's hold on you.

Anyway, for those that are addicted (not saying you are) there is hope and you can quit if you make the decision to change your life. Every aspect of your life has to change and you have to be willing to do that.

For the casual person who consumes alcohol, just don't let it become a habit or you can also be sucked down that same drain.

Okay, end of my preaching on it.
Damn dude, I'm really sorry. There's a few in my family that are "drink a 5th before noon" kinda drunks. Really really f'd up watching kids climb over them passed out on the floor in the living room at Christmas.

I like to drink too, but usually 2-3 a few times a week and rarely much more than that.

Very sorry about your sister but glad you were able to come out of it. I think addiction does take hold of some people and they just can't even see a way out.

jUd67vl.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT