ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric Lawn Mower

NikkiSixx

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013
So while I am back in Florida for the next 6-10 months (going through probate) I am considering getting an electric lawnmower..

What are the general thoughts about them? At home depot they have a ryobi that looks ok along with some others.

Are these things legit?

Can I use it for 6-8 months and will I still be able to sell it on for half price?

I am only considering self propelled.. as I am too old to be pushing the thing lol.

Thanks in advance for any insight based on your experience.

Reactions: LightningJack
We have the Ryobi 18v 16” mower for our area inside the backyard fence. Works surprisingly well. That being said, I would invest in the 40v version in self-propelled. As far as resale - nothing holds value anymore.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
So while I am back in Florida for the next 6-10 months (going through probate) I am considering getting an electric lawnmower..

What are the general thoughts about them? At home depot they have a ryobi that looks ok along with some others.

Are these things legit?

Can I use it for 6-8 months and will I still be able to sell it on for half price?

I am only considering self propelled.. as I am too old to be pushing the thing lol.

I went through this just recently, I took my Ryobi back! Dig a little deeper and get an Ego LM2156SP, much lighter, better cut and easier to maneuver.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/electric-mowers-what-you-got.354687/

Are these things legit?

Check Facebook marketplace. Get the 40v selfprolled Ryobi. It's good enough for what you need.

I've had a self propelled Ego for 4 years now and I love it. It's so quiet you can mow anytime of the day and not bother anyone unless you're mowing right under their bedroom window.

The first year I took advantage of it's ability to fold up and store on its end. That quickly broke the wires running through the handles but it was repaired under warranty. I haven't folded it up since.

In the beginning the battery took a little under an hour to charge and then it ran for about an hour+.

I've noticed this year it won't mow for an hours worth anymore. As I tend to mow for a 1/2 hour here and 1/2 hour there throughout the week it's no big deal to me. That might be annoying for weekend mowers, though.

I've noticed a replacement Ego battery is $99 no matter if I buy it in store or online. Yikes. But have you checked car battery prices lately? Double yikes.

Unless this Ego doesn't last I don't plan to ever go back to a gas engine.

Echo the thumbs up for the Ryobi 40v - no issues with ours over the last 2 years. Super quiet, light weight, highly recommend

Run Away Wall E GIF by Jimmy the Mower

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT