ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Charlie Daniels -- RIP

I'm a little surprised the PC cancel culture police haven't smeared him already for.....something. Anything.

R.I.P. to him...and one of the most iconic and amazing songs of all time...I remember as a very young man hearing the unedited "I dun told you once you son of a bitch, I'm the best there's ever been"...made me wanna fight somebody.

I'm a little surprised the PC cancel culture police haven't smeared him already for.....something. Anything.

R.I.P. to him...and one of the most iconic and amazing songs of all time...I remember as a very young man hearing the unedited "I dun told you once you son of a bitch, I'm the best there's ever been"...made me wanna fight somebody.
Oh they’ve tried smearing him, Just like Ted nugent. It didn’t bother either one and they have enough money they the do gooders could go after the advertising, because neither one relies solely on concerts or tv appearances

Reactions: Bugeater
Oh they’ve tried smearing him, Just like Ted nugent. It didn’t bother either one and they have enough money they the do gooders could go after the advertising, because neither one relies solely on concerts or tv appearances

Lumping Ted Nugent and Charlie Daniels together is a major insult to Charlie Daniels. Daniels was always very thoughtful in his political opinions. You didn't have to agree with him to respect his stance and his eloquence in expressing his views. To my knowledge, he never expressed hatred or aligned himself with those that do.

Nugent, on the other hand, has a long history of making extremely bigoted and threatening public statements. In a Facebook argument, he called a man named Jorge Freixa a "beanochimp" and told him to die. He once suggested that apartheid wasn’t “that cut-and-dry,” adding that, “all men are not created equal.” He also posted a picture of Jews being rounded up by Nazis with the comment, "soulless sheep to the slaughter."

You don't have to be a PC warrior to see that Nugent is a hate-filled piece of trash with the maturity and temperament of a child. It's not even a matter of political debate, except that people take any shot at Ted as a shot at the NRA. That said, whenever he spews garbage like the above, he's sure not doing the NRA any favors.

Anyway, not the thread for this. Just didn't think it was even remotely fair to Charlie Daniels to make that comparison. Daniels was also 1000x the musician than Ted Nugent could ever hope to be.

RIP, Charlie. You were a true original.

Reactions: schuele
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT