ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Casey's

bama_husker

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 21, 2004
Daphne, AL
Read that they bought out CEFCO, which is mostly in Texas, but there are quite a few stores in South Alabama.
On a local reddit they acted like this is a good thing.
My impression is that when they moved into the Omaha area, the stores they took over were subsequently not run or managed well.
Is that accurate? Not sure what to think of this.

Read that they bought out CEFCO, which is mostly in Texas, but there are quite a few stores in South Alabama.
My impression is that when they moved into the Omaha area, the stores they took over were subsequently not run or managed well.
They are way overextended in Omaha.
There are too many stores and they have a problem keeping them stocked.
They also seem to have problems with their fuel pumps constantly going down.
It’s a revolving door of employees too but that may just be a sign if the times

Pizza is overall good. Expansion isn’t always good. Daughter loved small town Iowa and the Casey’s were awesome there. The Omaha stores aren’t great by any standard other than the pizza.

Reactions: dpnavy
Funny story about Casey's. Many years ago, a small group of us started an investment club. We had monthly dues and we learned to research stocks and invest in them. This was many years ago, like late 90's. Three new stocks were presented by members at a meeting including Burton Snow Boards which was pretty new, Dollar General which no one had heard of and Casey's Stores which sold gas but made money on ice and candy. Now these are common daily names. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Time for Buc-ee's!

https://buc-ees.com/

GiftCard_480X288.jpg

I normally make breakfast but was super pressed for time this morning. I had a large Casey's dark roast coffee and a slice of breakfast pizza. Coffee was great, pizza was good, store was clean and service was fast. All the other convenience stores seem to have pizza, wings and/or donuts that have been sitting around for hours and are stale. Or all they have are hot dogs or taquitos. My Casey's has fresh pizza by the slice and puts out fresh donuts periodically all day.

I'm in Pierre, SD and we have a Casey's in Fort Pierre. Beautiful store, great location, worse run Casey's anywhere I have ever been. Always out of Pizza, donuts, half the soda dispensers out of order. gas pumps are out of order, terrible employees. It is a gold mine if it were run by competent management.

I'm in Pierre, SD and we have a Casey's in Fort Pierre. Beautiful store, great location, worse run Casey's anywhere I have ever been. Always out of Pizza, donuts, half the soda dispensers out of order. gas pumps are out of order, terrible employees. It is a gold mine if it were run by competent management.

Well that means they are going to last forever, it’s the Popeye’s business model. For the life of me I can’t figure out how Popeye’s is still in business. Every time my wife sends me there, they are out of at least one item I order and they never get my order right, it’s fúcked up every damn time. I finally told my family, if you want Popeye’s one of you has to go get it.

the one on 120th and q, I got a box of free fried gizzards 2 times there cause I showed up after lunch...
I wasen't looking for it but I like free stuff, plus they have a pretty good car wash thats not a arm and a leg..
I go there for non ethenol gas, which is good for the gaskets in small engines

I used to have a good opinion of Caseys, but not anymore, for many of the reasons mentioned. The Omaha stores, especially the old Buckys are a real disaster.

I do hope the Kwik Stars out of WI continue further southern expansion. They would be good for a lot of small Nebraska towns that are considered food deserts. In addition to the usual fuel, beer, junk food and tobacco, they carry a good amount of fresh produce, meat, and dairy. They’ve been regularly voted as the best convenience chain in America. When I go north, I always make a point to stop at their stores and give the middle finger to the nearest Casey’s simultaneously. I feel like if you go to Casey’s, you don’t respect yourself and are willing to put up with their filth and rudeness.

The employees at our local Casey's told me they pay minimum wage. It's a constant revolving door of employees. Many leave and go to the 3 other mom and pop store down the road that pays 2-3 dollars and hour more! People in our smaller town are fed up with Casey's. Everything sucks now including the pizza. One cashier with a line of 20 deep. Everyone local is starting to avoid Casey's!!

Pizza is overall good. Expansion isn’t always good. Daughter loved small town Iowa and the Casey’s were awesome there. The Omaha stores aren’t great by any standard other than the pizza.
We have 3 Casey's in Hastings and one in Juniata! Pizza is usually very good! Ordered a Supreme with extra cheese last week & it was awesome! The help is generally very good but the ones in Omaha Ive used are different. Labor is scarce everywhere!😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT