ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Bitcoin

I posted in the market thread in the open scrolls that I expected a squeeze lasting a few weeks, but I will say the amount of volume over $40k was surprising. It's almost like somebody knows the Fed is going to continue QE and refrain from all the rate hikes it had planned...

So view is still intact and should know by mid-March what the deal is.
Do we know what the deal is now?

The guys that bash the USD and our irresponsible spending will eventually be right about the collapse of the US dollar, but not for quite some time yet.

If anyone has followed what has happened in Turkey recently, you know that their currency has fallen by at least 50%, and many people in Turkey have switched to the US dollar, hoping to maintain some of their purchasing power, while the Turk Govt tries to get citizens to sell their gold to help prop up the Turkish Lira.

This is a scene that could play out again and again, all over the world, further entrenching the US dollar as the world reserve currency.

It is only after most weaker currencies/economies fail, that we run the risk of currency failure.. so that is some time down the road, not in the short to medium term.

Crypto is not a store of value yet, but rather still an experiment, a nascent but maturing financial market, that will not be going away, and in time will replace legacy finance as we know it.

I'm starting to look for bottoms in some coins. We aren't there yet, but I think we are starting to get closer.

Did you find any bottoms? No pun intended.

Do we know what the deal is now?

More confused than ever TBH. Stock market has been doing the same thing since it bottomed out the second time. Seems like a lot of buyers and volume anticipating more QE. We're at the point where it could hang around up here for a bit and then your sell signal will come from the Fed again, perhaps in May if this has real legs.

More confused than ever TBH. Stock market has been doing the same thing since it bottomed out the second time. Seems like a lot of buyers and volume anticipating more QE. We're at the point where it could hang around up here for a bit and then your sell signal will come from the Fed again, perhaps in May if this has real legs.
Fed is going to unwind its balance sheet asap aren't they?

Btc breaking the $45k resistance is pretty positive.

Fed is going to unwind its balance sheet asap aren't they?

Btc breaking the $45k resistance is pretty positive.

They have unwound before only to start buying back again. Could be people calling the Fed's bluff or could be one last epic bagholder trap. Gamestop and a bunch of other junk is also making outsized positive moves but still nowhere near the prior highs.

Did you find any bottoms? No pun intended.
the breakout higher is nice, but not sure it is sustainable

hit the 200 day MA but was rejected.

headwinds I see is the big govt push against POW or (high energy usage) cryptos.

So I'm getting mixed signals.

Look at MacD on the weekly chart of bitcoin.. that looks good, just turned bullish.

Then look at the MacD on the monthly chart of bitcoin, that still looks very bearish.

So to me, it looks like a smaller bull cycle is starting within a larger bearish trend.

Indeed, now is such a time that it makes no sense to buy a large amount of cryptocurrency, since it has become almost impossible to predict its schedule. Instead, you can either invest a little so that it is not a pity to lose money, or the second way that I personally use is to collect free cryptocurrency. You may ask how to earn free cryptocurrency? Very easy, all you need is to go to some resources and collect free cryptocurrency. Of course, you can invest a little more of your money, and a decent amount of crypto will come out in the balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: NikkiSixx
Indeed, now is such a time that it makes no sense to buy a large amount of cryptocurrency, since it has become almost impossible to predict its schedule. It makes sense to just collect free cryptocurrency though.
What does collect free crypto mean?? Thanks

Currencies establish a balance between a country's internal economic basis and external perceptions of its strength or weakness. This balance is changing rapidly in the US, so the dollar's collapse is possible shortly. Exchange rate shifts result from comparing the US with Europe, China, and so on. The forecast of a 35% decline in the dollar's value is based on a comparison of America with its main trading partners. It seems that Canada and Mexico's currencies will strengthen against the background of the recovery of economic activity and oil prices. Although if the best crypto signals start reacting to the dollar, I'm sure everything will get better.

Last edited:
Indeed, now is such a time that it makes no sense to buy a large amount of cryptocurrency, since it has become almost impossible to predict its schedule. Instead, you can either invest a little so that it is not a pity to lose money, or the second way that I personally use is to collect free cryptocurrency. You may ask how to earn free cryptocurrency? Very easy, all you need is to go to some resources and collect free cryptocurrency. Of course, you can invest a little more of your money, and a decent amount of crypto will come out in the balance.
I earned 6.729 BAT ($5.38) for the month of March, just for using the Brave browser. It's not a lot, but better than a poke in the eye.

Reactions: Ohio_husker
Do you think a handful will become widely accepted as a means of exchange? The dollar is in real trouble. Curious to see what the Feds will do with regard to crypto (they'll fumble/they are not to be trusted)

Crypto willl continue to be the means by which individuals keep their money self sovereign. Until the government breaks in and wants to break up self-privacy, self-sovereignty, and track everything we do via a centralized nation CBDC. This is the part we can actually stand up against our government, bc we no longer need to exchange value through their systems. At this point you can simply refuse to use it.

We have hundreds of value systems spread across the internet which are decentralized, and out of the governments control, as self-sovereign wealth should be.

I agree that it is still very early and a lot of the game theory that has been put in place hasn't been really tested at the extreme ends. (i.e. extreme gas fees and inefficient blockchains)

Notice how many scams and rug pulls you hear about. The victims being younger guys that are the most tech savy and least susceptible. Wait until your grandmother tries to send her USDT from her wallet to an exchange on the wrong network and loses her funds or worse falls for the scam where if she sends 1 eth she gets 2 back..

The order announced today seems to me more of a threat on crypto than anything else. I realize that the prices for things went up, but think about it. The government always manages to screw things up when they get involved.

Would you really rather hold a central bank backed digital currency? Identity will be a major part of it. It will be like spyware if you ask me. But the masses of dummies will roll into it, and their (govt) version of crypto could be used to crush the open market versions that are out there.

If that were to happen, things like Tether could become worthless, and that alone would cause a massive amount of people and exchanges to get rekt.

Hold assets that are decentralized and you will be okay

So I'm trying to get up to speed on all of this. How much trouble is Visa and MasterCard in? It looks like their business model is about to go over a cliff in the next two years with the rise of the Lightning Network and acceptance of Bitcoin by so many major retailers. (Combined value of those two companies is close to a trillion dollars)

So I'm trying to get up to speed on all of this. How much trouble is Visa and MasterCard in? It looks like their business model is about to go over a cliff in the next two years with the rise of the Lightning Network and acceptance of Bitcoin by so many major retailers. (Combined value of those two companies is close to a trillion dollars)
That is a good question.

I also wonder, are credit scores about to become a thing of the past as well?

Reactions: drubendall
They're not in any trouble, bitcoin is still slower and more expensive than visa or mastercard. Not much development in bitcoin either, it's found it's place as digital gold and not as a fiat replacement. Some banks are experimenting with usdc settlements but with eth costs it won't be available for many years (eth 2 will help lower gas fees a little but they will be much much higher than visa/mc.) With the money and influence the banks have they will just buy an exchange or have the government regulate their way to stay in some kind of control.

We're still so early and a years away from blockchain being useable for the average person. Banks and lending platforms are at risk but they have been buying up large amounts of crypto. Banks see eth as more centralized and are working to buy a lot of eth and the eth infrastructure. I think I read citibank is buying large portions of metamask.

I think crypto won't become mainstream until around the the end of this decade. We're still way early, think of the internet a few years before aol.

They're not in any trouble, bitcoin is still slower and more expensive than visa or mastercard. Not much development in bitcoin either, it's found it's place as digital gold and not as a fiat replacement. Some banks are experimenting with usdc settlements but with eth costs it won't be available for many years (eth 2 will help lower gas fees a little but they will be much much higher than visa/mc.) With the money and influence the banks have they will just buy an exchange or have the government regulate their way to stay in some kind of control.

We're still so early and a years away from blockchain being useable for the average person. Banks and lending platforms are at risk but they have been buying up large amounts of crypto. Banks see eth as more centralized and are working to buy a lot of eth and the eth infrastructure. I think I read citibank is buying large portions of metamask.

I think crypto won't become mainstream until around the the end of this decade. We're still way early, think of the internet a few years before aol.
Regulation is such a big piece of this. No doubt that central banks will try to get out front and maintain control of currencies and the financial system overall, but can they? Will crypto fall into a period like Prohibition where people are going to do what they want regardless of the laws until you old system finally crumbles?

The speed of change in modern times is incredible. We can rail against things that are new, but what is the sense in doing that if something is inevitable.

I've been doing some research to find safer stable coins, and came across UST (stable coin from the Terra Luna family) and another called PAXG (Pax Gold) which sort of acts like a stable coin supposedly backed by gold.

I'm finding myself wanting to diversify so that my holdings are not in any 1 or 2 stable coins, or even 1-2 exchanges/wallets.

After the Metamask hack last year, I have trust issues with just about any wallet, esp those that connect to a DEX. I don't trust keeping a lot at any one exchange either.

Wow I really hope you decided against that first option. 😬

Starting to look at some Bitcoin targets at $17k, $9k, and $3.5k. Ironically the only hope Bitcoin has is if the Fed turns the hose back on.

Is happening.

Wow I really hope you decided against that first option. 😬

Is happening.
yeah, I avoided that as I hadn't entered into the market yet, but was sitting in Tether.. I watched that get dragged down today in Asia, freaked me out to be honest. It means they are going to test all the stable coins. I got 2/3rd out of tether, into some paxgold, kyber network, bnb, and doge (hoping elon wires up twitter with it) only dipped some toes in today. not financial advice :)

yeah, I avoided that as I hadn't entered into the market yet, but was sitting in Tether.. I watched that get dragged down today in Asia, freaked me out to be honest. It means they are going to test all the stable coins. I got 2/3rd out of tether, into some paxgold, kyber network, bnb, and doge (hoping elon wires up twitter with it) only dipped some toes in today. not financial advice :)

That's good to hear. I never really follow any of these fringe projects until something like the past few days happens. $120 to 2 cents in a matter of days...wow.

Not sure if true.

dZi7HC5.jpg

Not sure if true.

dZi7HC5.jpg
thats interesting, I heard other cryptos that are tied to algorithm stable coins, a took bit of a hit too, nothing like luna....I thru 200 bucks in luna for the heck of it when it hit bottom, and they stopped making more. it's up 417.76%..lol....the crypto I still have trades in usd

Not sure if true.

dZi7HC5.jpg
Saw this story as well, but not sure it makes sense.. if they traded Do Kwan 75k btc for ust, then they would be holding all ust.. unless Kwan gave them the UST and they didn't actually send him the btc as planned..

Do Kwan was involved with another failed stable coin called basis cash, or something.. it went belly up too.

I'm more inclined to think Do Kwan hacked his own stable coin and profited from its demise.

Saw this story as well, but not sure it makes sense.. if they traded Do Kwan 75k btc for ust, then they would be holding all ust.. unless Kwan gave them the UST and they didn't actually send him the btc as planned..

Do Kwan was involved with another failed stable coin called basis cash, or something.. it went belly up too.

I'm more inclined to think Do Kwan hacked his own stable coin and profited from its demise.
If they bought UST for a discount and then dumped it I think it makes more sense.

You're right if they held UST.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Hold on to your seats..

BTC just dumped to low 25k..

create a shopping list.. might be time to start nibbling soon!

Man crypto gettin rekt this weekend.. Monday's stock market is prolly gonna dump

Starting to look at some Bitcoin targets at $17k, $9k, and $3.5k. Ironically the only hope Bitcoin has is if the Fed turns the hose back on.

If you really want to buy, do it here. These guys will be unloading on you all the way down for profits. Warning was sent since inception of this thread! You should also ask yourself (again) what exactly it is you are buying!

Reactions: drubendall
Hold on to your seats..

BTC just dumped to low 25k..

create a shopping list.. might be time to start nibbling soon!

Man crypto gettin rekt this weekend.. Monday's stock market is prolly gonna dump

It's at 21k now. Don't buy this junk in this environment. It's literally junk. The charts are meaningless when you're talking about manipulated junk.

Fascinating reading about the layoffs and scams and potential huge margin calls for this miracle dust. If memory serves very early in this thread somebody eluded to whales letting retail in before they bought even more....looks like they snagged enough suckers to make bank while they exited.

Reactions: nwualum
Fascinating reading about the layoffs and scams and potential huge margin calls for this miracle dust. If memory serves very early in this thread somebody eluded to whales letting retail in before they bought even more....looks like they snagged enough suckers to make bank while they exited.
it has always been a bit scammy...Sort of like the early days of the net where dudes would get 100,000 shares of some new online company....and they were rich...for like 3 days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT