ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Steak in Omaha

TampaBaySkers

Athletic Director
Oct 30, 2010
In-laws will be in Omaha next month and want a great steak. What would you gents recommend. Boiler Room, V.Mertz, Ms pub, Drover, Mahogany, or any other? Appreciate the feedback.

One of these steakhouses needs to bring back an old Omaha tradition and offer a side of spaghetti. The oldsters would love it, and it would be the biggest cash cow since the wedge salad.
All the old Italian steakhouses offered spaget as a side: Mr. C's, Casio's, Caniglia's, Piccolo Pete's, Angie's, Malara's.

BTW, Johnny's Italian Steakhouse in Pillage (sic) Pointe has good steaks, as does Firebird. Not in Omaha, but there's a hidden gem in Hooper called The Office. HIGHLY recommend.

If it were me. I would avoid Flemings. Last time I was there. Ordered Ribeye. One of the worst steaks I've ever ordered from a restaurant.

In-laws will be in Omaha next month and want a great steak. What would you gents recommend. Boiler Room, V.Mertz, Ms pub, Drover, Mahogany, or any other? Appreciate the feedback.
Honestly I can make one that can compete, but I will say Committee Chophouse at the Cottonwood makes the best one!

All of these recommendations sound great.
The original Johhny's Cafe in South Omaha and Gorat's still has some great steaks.
Haven't been to Johnny's in decades. Used to go there when we hauled fat cattle to the stockyards. Cool place. Glad the terminal bldg is still there

Reactions: Laner2
Haven't been to Johnny's in decades. Used to go there when we hauled fat cattle to the stockyards. Cool place. Glad the terminal bldg is still there
Had a thought after I posted above. I remember , I believe, could have been in the 70s they closed. We thought they closed for good but turned out to be a very major remodel. Glad it opened again for sure and the remodel was very needed however the memories of the old place were special.

Farmer Browns in Waterloo had very good Prime rib generous portions to for a daughters cut. The hired hand is humongous…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT