ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best QB in this year's draft class will end up being...

sloth316

Senior
Jun 24, 2002
What say you everyone? Draft is coming up this month...you've got Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson & Mason Rudolph

Personally, as a Broncos fan and holding the #5 overall pick, I would hate to take any of these guys and instead go the Dallas Cowboys route and build up our line (Quentin Nelson would be my pick)...That said, my money is on Josh Rosen to have the most decorated NFL career of this bunch

I really don't like any of Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield all that much. All seem to have major flaws for QBs that are going to get drafted that high. If I was in the top 10 and wanted a QB, I'd probably trade down and see how far Rudolph fell down. Though to be honest, I'm not very confident in my opinions on any of these 4.

I'm fairly confident Lamar Jackson won't accomplish anything as a QB in the NFL though.

What say you everyone? Draft is coming up this month...you've got Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson & Mason Rudolph

Personally, as a Broncos fan and holding the #5 overall pick, I would hate to take any of these guys and instead go the Dallas Cowboys route and build up our line (Quentin Nelson would be my pick)...That said, my money is on Josh Rosen to have the most decorated NFL career of this bunch

.... a back-up within 5 years?

(Not an NFL fan at all, and seems like QB in the NFL is such a crap shoot that the odds are probably pretty good that none of the above will have much of a history).

I think Rudolph and Allen have the greatest chance to bust. Oddly enough, I like Lamar Jackson as smaller version of Cam Newton to have the best career. I worry about Rosen’s long term health and Darnold will be a good, not great QB. Mayfield could be very well become the best of the bunch. He’d be my 2nd pick.

Which ever one has the best accuracy and quick decision making, a total crapshoot. Is Lamar another DeShaun Watson? I'd take a wild guess and go with Mayfield.

I'll go with the wildcard and pick Luke Falk as having the best career

My favorite is Mason Rudolph

I am willing to bet Belichek steps away from the game before next season begins. He was forced to get rid of his hand picked QB of the future, his OC took a HC position, then, after a bit of a public spat between Belichek, Brady and the owner, the OC decides to stay on as OC. Then the simple fact that he is "fueding" with the owner and the HOF QB. Something is stinks up that way.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I am willing to bet Belichek steps away from the game before next season begins. He was forced to get rid of his hand picked QB of the future, his OC took a HC position, then, after a bit of a public spat between Belichek, Brady and the owner, the OC decides to stay on as OC. Then the simple fact that he is "fueding" with the owner and the HOF QB. Something is stinks up that way.

Just traded away Cooks too. I don't think he goes quite that soon though.

Ya it is getting weird(er) in New England...a lot of aging egos that don't---or won't---want to go silently into the night.

Full disclaimer, I thought Ryan Leaf was going to be better than Peyton Manning, so with that in mind....

All of these QB's seem like a huge gamble, glad I'm not sitting near the top of the draft in need of a QB because I'm not in love with any of them.

Full disclaimer, I thought Ryan Leaf was going to be better than Peyton Manning, so with that in mind....

All of these QB's seem like a huge gamble, glad I'm not sitting near the top of the draft in need of a QB because I'm not in love with any of them.
I thought the same thing. But, we didn't know Leaf was a head case either. I like Allen because of his size and arm strength but he is a hard worker with a chip on his shoulder who has had to prove himself since HS.

I like Rudolph - not necessarily as THE best QB, but the best value based on where he’ll likely get drafted. Just not sure any of these guys will ever be worth a top 5 pick.

a lot of it for me, has to do with their name.
i like the name 'sam', but not particular fond of 'darnold'.
the name 'josh' is overused.
the name 'mason' always reminds me of 'mason reese', and i don't know if that's a good omen.
'baker' has always struck me as a name trying to be something its not.
'tanner' is more of a last name.
you should never name a child 'lamar'.
'luke' is too star warsish, but its passable.

Reactions: davecasper
a lot of it for me, has to do with their name.
i like the name 'sam', but not particular fond of 'darnold'.
the name 'josh' is overused.
the name 'mason' always reminds me of 'mason reese', and i don't know if that's a good omen.
'baker' has always struck me as a name trying to be something its not.
'tanner' is more of a last name.
you should never name a child 'lamar'.
'luke' is too star warsish, but its passable.

Wut in the actual fu

A couple of years ago a buddy and I bet who would be taken 1st in the NFL draft, Rosen or Darnold; I took Rosen but it's looking like it's going be Darnold for some reason. I asked my buddy the other day if he wanted to bet who would have the better NFL career. He said sure, 1k and $500 if one of them wins a Super Bowl. So now I'm hoping Darnold goes to Cleveland and hoping Rosen goes to Denver or somewhere with an established franchise.

Lamar has zero shot at being an NFL qb. Did people not watch him struggle to complete passes in college? Great athlete, not an NFL qb.

I would sell out everything for a qb with the best accuracy, a simple motion, and good footwork. Arm strength is obviously overrated a the greatest qbs of the last decade were not known for having guns. All of these guys will end up hurt in their first 3 years...some of them for months on end. Their confidence will be shattered and a single 4 win season can lead to turnover of an entire staff and all the things the qb trusts. None of these guys fall into that category...If I was a gm I would take a top OL or DL and skip the qbs in this draft. Allen has already had durability issues, and has accuracy problems, and those are going to be stressed to max in the NFL...Darnold is soft and will require a great oline to keep him healthy. Jackson will look good early because of his mobility, but one sprained ankle could derail his career, and does anyone think Mayfield will deal with an injury, being replaced by a backup, losing 12 games, having his coach fired with any sort of class. I think you could make a hall o fame qb if you took the best attributes of all these guys, but individually I find them very overrated.

Reactions: TheOutline
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT