ADVERTISEMENT

OT: BB Student Section - Creative Fun or Unsportsmanlike

It's total bullshit they'd taunt him about the agressor who is invading and killing his home country....liken it to people making fun of Jews by sbouting German insults at them during sporting events about the holocaust....total bullshit and I'd nip that shit in the bud with a promise to expel any mothafuker who did that again.
Aren't a lot of these Ukranian armies Neo-Nazis? You can feel for the Ukranian people, but the entire situation over there is pretty damn weird. I don't know enough about it to have a dog in the fight, but sounds like a lot of their leaders just took all of the countries cash and bounced and the full on corruption on top of the Nazi stuff is odd. Like I said, I feel for the people, but something is off.

Or - and please hear me out - it’s college kids at a basketball game going a tad too far jeering an opponent

Must everyone be hitler these days?

Good grief
I’m all for an active student section but there are lines of decency that shouldn’t be crossed.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Aren't a lot of these Ukranian armies Neo-Nazis? You can feel for the Ukranian people, but the entire situation over there is pretty damn weird. I don't know enough about it to have a dog in the fight, but sounds like a lot of their leaders just took all of the countries cash and bounced and the full on corruption on top of the Nazi stuff is odd. Like I said, I feel for the people, but something is off.
Um no. Their president is a Jew. You’ve been reading Russian propaganda.

I’m all for an active student section but there are lines of decency that shouldn’t be crossed.
And the second one is crossed - hitler!

I’m guessing the kids were laughing while chanting it & there was no premeditation or malice - just wanted an opponent to miss a free throw

Doesn’t make it right. Also doesn’t make it criminal behavior.

Over the weekend, at a college BB game, several Colorado State students chanted "Russia" to a Utah State opponent, who is from Ukraine. The Colorado State head coach and athletic department apologized to Utah State. Apparently, the Mountain West conference is investigating the situation.

Was this good, clean fun and a creative way of trying to get under a player's skin, or did it cross the line? What do you think of the university's actions?

I think it's hilarious. I've said worse.

One side invaded the other unprovoked and is leveling the country and killing anyone that gets in its way and causing real issues abroad with shortages of some pretty important things the world depends on (which are a distant second to the mass murder).....and one side isn't doing that. It's very easy to have a dog in the fight if you have a moral compass.

To the few posters claiming this is no biggie, i'm curious how you'd feel if you lost a loved one to cancer and Westboro shows up at the funeral holding signs stating "Cancer 1, your dad-0 that you have to walk by to get back to your car. You OK with that? I mean, some people think that would be funny, so as long as it makes at least one person laugh we're good right?

One side invaded the other unprovoked and is leveling the country and killing anyone that gets in its way and causing real issues abroad with shortages of some pretty important things the world depends on (which are a distant second to the mass murder).....and one side isn't doing that. It's very easy to have a dog in the fight if you have a moral compass.

To the few posters claiming this is no biggie, i'm curious how you'd feel if you lost a loved one to cancer and Westboro shows up at the funeral holding signs stating "Cancer 1, your dad-0 that you have to walk by to get back to your car. You OK with that? I mean, some people think that would be funny, so as long as it makes at least one person laugh we're good right?
I wouldn’t like it

But that doesn’t make being distasteful illegal

I’m not sure what you want done to these meanies who used crass words

Free country & all

Kong I stopped reading your posts and replies on this subject... I can see you've quoted me a few times but you're wasting your time. Not reading them anymore and not that you care, but you look like a royal jerk here and I'm done with you on this subject, yesterday.

Raping women and children along the way. Yeah taunting a Ukrainian right now is awfully low. Not surprised at who thinks it’s funny. 😕

Nice reply... I guess you aren't willing to engage in real conversation
What’s to converse about? Your statement is from Putin’s excuses to his people for invading Ukraine. It’s fact. It’s also fact that Zelensky is Jewish.

Kong I stopped reading your posts and replies on this subject... I can see you've quoted me a few times but you're wasting your time. Not reading them anymore and not that you care, but you look like a royal jerk here and I'm done with you on this subject, yesterday.
Fair enough

I don’t mind when people disagree with me. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, even when it comes with a multitude of personal insults

You asked the question and I answered

I never said Russia isn't at fault in this whole thing, but there is a bunch of weird shit going on if you actually opened your eyes. Calm down bro and be a little more mentally tough. If words bother you that bad its on you.

I never said Russia isn't at fault in this whole thing, but there is a bunch of weird shit going on if you actually opened your eyes. Calm down bro and be a little more mentally tough. If words bother you that bad its on you.
I suspect there are a lot of Ukraine’s leaders lining their pockets but Putin needs to be stopped. Just like in the US the political elite profit in conflicts

What’s to converse about? Your statement is from Putin’s excuses to his people for invading Ukraine. It’s fact. It’s also fact that Zelensky is Jewish.
What's your point that Zelensky is Jewish. Just use the google machine and there are plenty of articles from both sides of the isle that state there is a Neo-Nazi issue in Ukraine. That's a fact as well Mr. Facts. I didn't make any political statements other than shit is weird over there. Not justifying Russia's actions whatsoever and like I said feel for the people of Ukraine and the terror they face everyday. Get out of your bubble and open your eyes to other facts.

I suspect there are a lot of Ukraine’s leaders lining their pockets but Putin needs to be stopped. Just like in the US the political elite profit in conflicts

dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

What's your point that Zelensky is Jewish. Just use the google machine and there are plenty of articles from both sides of the isle that state there is a Neo-Nazi issue in Ukraine. That's a fact as well Mr. Facts. I didn't make any political statements other than shit is weird over there. Not justifying Russia's actions whatsoever and like I said feel for the people of Ukraine and the terror they face everyday. Get out of your bubble and open your eyes to other facts.
So because there are some Neo-nazis in Ukraine (like the US) we should just let Putin slaughter them? Putin wants the resources and ports. His goal is to rebuild the Soviet Union before he dies. That’s not in our interests.

I don’t get your point. You called Ukraine’s armies Neo-nazis yet Zelensky is widely loved by his people.

No I didn't. The Azov battalion is Nazi. What does love by the people have to do with Elensky being a Jew?

Why is Elensky being a Jew a limiting factor for anything? It's racist to assume it is.

Reactions: leodisflowers
So because there are some Neo-nazis in Ukraine (like the US) we should just let Putin slaughter them? Putin wants the resources and ports. His goal is to rebuild the Soviet Union before he dies. That’s not in our interests.

It's not our border. We should be more concerned about the moves in south America.

I agree with both side, it seems like in today’s world nobody can take a joke anymore to many thin skinned. On the other hand this was this was a tad bit overboard
I'd file it under "things you're allowed to do but probably shouldn't". I probably did a few things like that in undergrad so won't judge TOO much. But still pretty dumb and tasteless.

I must have missed the part where anyone said that the students saying these things should be prosecuted like kong is saying.
“Expulsion”

“Held accountable”

“Dealt with and not with a f———- lecture”

I would also like to point out the multitude of insults being freely hurled in this very thread by those saying other insults were deplorable

Nobody here knows my background or what hand I’ve been dealt, yet here we are

Insults for me but not for thee! Typical hypocrites virtue signaling to make themselves feel more morally righteous than others

Says the guy who just last week used his own personal anecdotes to justify those who prop up sex traffickers

Sad
Prop up sex traffickers? You construed that. Nobody else. My reference was about people I knew who married women they met while either in the military or studying abroad. That’s not sex trafficking. FWIW a Venezualen foreign exchange student I knew in high school contacted one of my old high school buddies BEGGING him to marry her so she could get out of Venezuela 25 years ago. Her life was miserable in that sh##hole. It’s really not that much different than the young bimbo in this country marrying some fat ugly old rich guy in this country. Money and security is a powerful aphrodisiac.

“Expulsion”

“Held accountable”

“Dealt with and not with a f———- lecture”

I would also like to point out the multitude of insults being freely hurled in this very thread by those saying other insults were deplorable

Nobody here knows my background or what hand I’ve been dealt, yet here they come

Insults for me but not for thee! Typical
There's a lot of distance between just kids having fun and throw them in jail.

Prop up sex traffickers? You construed that. Nobody else. My reference was about people I knew who married women they met while either in the military or studying abroad. That’s not sex trafficking. FWIW a Venezualen foreign exchange student I knew in high school contacted one of my old high school buddies BEGGING him to marry her so she could get out of Venezuela 25 years ago. Her life was miserable in that sh##hole. It’s really not that much different than the young bimbo in this country marrying some fat ugly old rich guy in this country. Money and security is a powerful aphrodisiac.
If you say so

There's a lot of distance between just kids having fun and throw them in jail.
I 100% agree

To many in this thread kids having fun = dressing as Hitler at a survivors brunch

I 100% agree

To many in this thread kids having fun = dressing as Hitler at a survivors brunch
I interpret his statement to mean that there is a lot of room for correction between just giving them free rein to be assholes and throwing them in jail. I don’t interpret that as being your stance.

Just like the sex trafficking thread last week, it seems you’re not seeing that there is a lot of grey here. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing.

We all did stupid stuff when we were young and in college. Some people realize on their own how stupid they were and some need to be told how stupid they were, otherwise they keep doing stupid stuff. I have zero problem with CSU issuing an apology over the incident.

I personally believe the line was crossed because it involves a horrific acts of violence against his family, homeland, and nationality. Would racial taunts be excepted at games? Yell, scream, wave your hands to distract, but don't be outright nasty to someone that doesn't deserve it. Jokes are jokes in the right environment but used in bad taste to torment someone, it's no longer a joke.

I interpret his statement to mean that there is a lot of room for correction between just giving them free rein to be assholes and throwing them in jail. I don’t interpret that as being your stance.

Just like the sex trafficking thread last week, it seems you’re not seeing that there is a lot of grey here. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing.
And just like in that thread, I agree.

I’m not the one who brought up hitler multiple times here.

Yet, people only read and respond to what they interpret - right, wrong or otherwise, but always ensuring their side is the moral one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT