ADVERTISEMENT

OT: BB Student Section - Creative Fun or Unsportsmanlike

The students were in the wrong and should be told that it won't be tolerated in the future. Simple. No jail time required.

Am I wrong in remembering "Go Big Red, Sal is dead" chants? Also crossed a line.

“Expulsion”

“Held accountable”

“Dealt with and not with a f———- lecture”

I would also like to point out the multitude of insults being freely hurled in this very thread by those saying other insults were deplorable

Nobody here knows my background or what hand I’ve been dealt, yet here we are

Insults for me but not for thee! Typical hypocrites virtue signaling to make themselves feel more morally righteous than others
Interesting that you went after me personally as you don't know anything about me as well.

Reactions: king_kong_
Back in the 80's, Mizzou had a good basketball center named Steve Stipinovich. He reported that a crazed gunman entered his room and shot him in the shoulder, minimally wounding him. Later, he admitted he had accidentally shot himself.
From a published story:
"After three days in seclusion, Stipanovich returned to action in the most pleasant environment possible—at Oral Roberts. Nobody exploded popguns or flashed WHO SHOT STIPO? WHO SHOT STUPO? signs, as fans later would at Kansas and Kansas State. Nobody wore bandages with fake blood gushing out, as spectators would at Colorado and Oklahoma. "

I relay that because I remember our own student section shot off pop guns when he stepped on the court in Lincoln.

Different times for sure.
Lol that is an insanely far cry from your home country being a war zone in which you can basically do nothing about. This man shot himself and then lied about it. He deserves every fan base making fun of him. CSU crossed a line for sure. Your family having their lives threatened by war is no joke, regardless of who is invading or who is continuing to prop this war up for whatever gains.

Reactions: BigRedTed
Too far for me but kids will be kids.

What they should do to show how mean that was is figure who was chanting it. Put it on social media. Then have people dig up info on their family.

Grandma dies? Have kids say mean things about their grandma while taking a History 101 exam. Maybe something like "your dead grandma was a hoe in the 60's". Or something like that. Maybe call their grandpa a pedophile or something during an algebra exam.

Lol that is an insanely far cry from your home country being a war zone in which you can basically do nothing about. This man shot himself and then lied about it. He deserves every fan base making fun of him. CSU crossed a line for sure. Your family having their lives threatened by war is no joke, regardless of who is invading or who is continuing to prop this war up for whatever gains.
Stipanovich’s own student section ridiculed him. I was in a post-graduate program there then.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
While we are at it, someone should look into why the administration at Lincoln East stands by their student section and laughs during the national anthem (while a few of the idiot kids scream the words). Saw some of them mocking an African American player on an opposing team during a game a couple weeks ago. Most disrespectful collection of brats I’ve seen at a sporting event in quite a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT