ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bama loses top LB

Bama is going to start a true freshman at NT and both ILB spots. Obviously, each player is highly touted, but that's still tough to manage.
Agree...Go back and watch the clemson national title game...to me it was a NU/Colorado 2001 moment. Alabama only had FOUR dlinemen they could trust in the game, and those guys were gassed by the 2nd quarter...they had a STARTING corner who was beaten repeatedly, declared for the draft and wasn't drafted. They had a running back who was vastly inferior to clemson's and their oline couldn't contain the clemson dline(totally understandable). Tua had a bad wheel so his mobility and accuracy was really affected. As a whole their secondary was a mess, their LINES overwhelmed, their backs mediocre and most surprisingly, they must have been stopped on 4-6 drives when they were one yard short of a touchdown or first down. They had no short yardage game. In fact they struggled or completely ignored running under center when they needed one yard. So what is Alabama w/o dline or oline depth, no continuity on their coaching staff, no short yardage game, one dependable although injury-prone qb, and a young-inexperienced secondary?

Agree...Go back and watch the clemson national title game...to me it was a NU/Colorado 2001 moment. Alabama only had FOUR dlinemen they could trust in the game, and those guys were gassed by the 2nd quarter...they had a STARTING corner who was beaten repeatedly, declared for the draft and wasn't drafted. They had a running back who was vastly inferior to clemson's and their oline couldn't contain the clemson dline(totally understandable). Tua had a bad wheel so his mobility and accuracy was really affected. As a whole their secondary was a mess, their LINES overwhelmed, their backs mediocre and most surprisingly, they must have been stopped on 4-6 drives when they were one yard short of a touchdown or first down. They had no short yardage game. In fact they struggled or completely ignored running under center when they needed one yard. So what is Alabama w/o dline or oline depth, no continuity on their coaching staff, no short yardage game, one dependable although injury-prone qb, and a young-inexperienced secondary?
I wouldn't read too much into it. Alabama just had a bad game and didn't really show up. I think they're every bit as good as Clemson and I'd actually have them ranked #1 because I think they'll at least have a better regular season again than Clemson will have.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Alabama just had a bad game and didn't really show up. I think they're every bit as good as Clemson and I'd actually have them ranked #1 because I think they'll at least have a better regular season again than Clemson will have.
No, watch the game... they were dominated...the score could have been much worse...only 4 dlineman, only one serviceable corner, no short yardage game. I'm not making this up, it is all on tape. There weren't unlucky bounces, or injuries, or drops...they just got whooped. Same thing used to happen to us in our transition from great to mediocre. Obviously Saban will get them good but that thing will fall apart fast if he decides to step down, unless Dat Boy takes over.

No, watch the game... they were dominated...the score could have been much worse...only 4 dlineman, only one serviceable corner, no short yardage game. I'm not making this up, it is all on tape. There weren't unlucky bounces, or injuries, or drops...they just got whooped. Same thing used to happen to us in our transition from great to mediocre. Obviously Saban will get them good but that thing will fall apart fast if he decides to step down, unless Dat Boy takes over.
Yes I did watch the game, and yes they did get whooped, but I think you're reading too much into that. They play that game 10 times, each team would win it 5 times and each game would be close. I think it was a fluke that the score was as bad as it was and for whatever reason, Alabama just didn't show up.

What game did you watch? Alabama had more first downs, led time of possession, and had the same total yardage. Alabama killed themselves in the red zone period. Theres a reason the vast majority of that staff is gone now.

I'm going with Duke and New Mexico State in those first two games, then. Opens the door for Old Mess, R-burn, Ell Ess Ewe and ATM in the West ;)
ATM.. the best acronym ever for a university

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT