ADVERTISEMENT

OT: back “adjustments”

I’m sure that’s why you have to keep going back

Because you’re “right again”
Not necessarily, the first one I went to was a older guy in Concordia Ks, after he did my adjustments he told me he didn’t want to see me back for at least 6 months. It was two years that I needed another adjustment I agree the ones that want you to keep coming back on a weekly basis are just taking your money

I should also point out that I’ve never been on the board during the season and find that King reached another level on game week. It kind of gets me fired up for the game even if he is bagging on Chiro’s.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Went in and they told me they were going to set my neck and spine and get them straightened out. Had seven adjustments in about a month.
Went to a doctor and had an x-ray and took it back to them, and I had vertebrae pointing all different directions.
What you're omitting is what the x-ray looked like BEFORE you went to see the chiro. You just assume that your vertebrae were all aligned and the chiro messed them up - but you have no way to prove that unless you had an x-ray before you started.

Did you?

Also, what was your doc's advice about getting them straightened again? Some type of pill, right? Just take some muscle relaxers and all will be well?

What you're omitting is what the x-ray looked like BEFORE you went to see the chiro. You just assume that your vertebrae were all aligned and the chiro messed them up - but you have no way to prove that unless you had an x-ray before you started.

Did you?

Also, what was your doc's advice about getting them straightened again? Some type of pill, right? Just take some muscle relaxers and all will be well?

Or back surgery...which feels like it has about a 10% success ratio and people I know who had it are worse off than they were before.

I should also point out that I’ve never been on the board during the season and find that King reached another level on game week. It kind of gets me fired up for the game even if he is bagging on Chiro’s.
I'm not really planning on being involved in the game threads much this year, but we'll see

very excited for Thurs

Does Truck Stop "Sushi" come with the pills?
Oh my god...picture it...2018

Coming back from a game in Lincoln and the dude driving takes some scenic route back to Omaha.

Everyone needs to take a piss and get more road beers...we stop and get out at a gas station.

One of the dudes gets gas station egg rolls!

Everyone was like...what the ****

• Haha
Reactions: LightningJack
I too thought it was bs when I was younger.

Got some adjustments and ended up doing self adjustments (which can be bad for you) because at the time my attitude was that wasn't going to pay 50 bucks for 10 seconds of work.

But this ended up paying off for me in the long run. I learned that it sometimes takes awhile and multiple adjustments to fix an issue.

So today, when something isn't right, I will go get adjusted but always look to environmental factors to try to remedy the situation from happening again. Bad mattress, chair, posture, worn out shoes, esp old flip flops, etc.

Another big help is sleeping on the floor. A saggy worn out mattress can cause you immense grief. I started sleeping on the floor in 2018, and won't ever go back to a big mattress again.

One time I had reflexology done on my feet by this old Asian woman at a mall in Florida. It was quite painful, and had bruises on my feet the next day, but I swear all my sciatica and lower back pain disappeared. I felt like a new person for about 5 days until the pain returned.

I kept going back to that place, but never saw that old woman working there again.
Myagi

strengthen your core and stretch

dont pay a person who wishes they were a doctor but couldn’t hack it so they instead follow the teachings of a seance induced ghost whisperer to wrench on your spine
Sorry you had a bad experience. I have had some back injuries and a chiropractor I went to really helped. Regardless of how the occupation started there are definitely chiropractors who have helped people.

Lifestyle is the cause of pretty much all diseases. I bet most of the guys on this board are overweight and on at least one medication. Medication(s) they take without question where, if they were to make some lifestyle changes, they could fix their body and get off the medication.
In some cases, but in other cases it is the opposite. I had my back injuries when I was otherwise at my healthiest point in life and living a real active lifestyle. Because of that, I don't do much manual labor anymore other than the basics you have to do in the yard and in the house.

• Sad
Chiros literally don't do shit. All they do is rope you into a weekly or monthly subscription giving you the illusion that you actually feel better. Want to feel better? Knock carbs out of your diet and do Yoga. Yoga is a life changer if you keep up with it.
are you roping me into a monthly yoga subscription?

If you stop moving...you get rusty.
My Dad retired forever ago and has spent that time relaxing on the coach watching news and movies. He can hardly move now.

My Mom worked forever and just retired well into her mid 70's and walks all the time and is totally healthy.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I have had some back injuries and a chiropractor I went to really helped. Regardless of how the occupation started there are definitely chiropractors who have helped people.
I’ve never been, will never go

It’s akin to visiting a tarot card reader

Many women swear by theirs

Chiros literally don't do shit. All they do is rope you into a weekly or monthly subscription giving you the illusion that you actually feel better. Want to feel better? Knock carbs out of your diet and do Yoga. Yoga is a life changer if you keep up with it.
The dude I go to when my lower back is out of whack (doesn't happen often) gives immediate relief. Sure doesn't feel like nothing.

But you're right, there are a lot of out of shape people in his office that would benefit from healthier life choices.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
The dude I go to when my lower back is out of whack (doesn't happen often) gives immediate relief. Sure doesn't feel like nothing.

But you're right, there are a lot of out of shape people in his office that would benefit from healthier life choices.
Type 2 diabetes is curable with diet and exercise. Same with cholesterol and blood pressure. People don't want to do the work. They will lose toes and have a shit life but not make any lifestyle changes. That's why there are chiros and drugs.

I work out most days, diet is fairly good, have visible abs (barely) and I've never taken any medication other than an antibiotic after knee surgery in college. I see a chiro every few weeks bc I've had some previous injuries that it helps with.

My Dad retired forever ago and has spent that time relaxing on the coach watching news and movies. He can hardly move now.

My Mom worked forever and just retired well into her mid 70's and walks all the time and is totally healthy.
Start taking your old man to the bar with you

I can be a constant fixture in my office chair it I'm not careful.

What do I do, and what may help your dad? i have my smartphone alarm set every hour from 8 a.m till 8 p.m. to ring and I just get my ass up and go out and walk/jog to the corner and back.

Its not much exercise, but it keeps me moving. Then on weekly basis, I increase the distance I walk each hour.

I can be a constant fixture in my office chair it I'm not careful.

What do I do, and what may help your dad? i have my smartphone alarm set every hour from 8 a.m till 8 p.m. to ring and I just get my ass up and go out and walk/jog to the corner and back.

Its not much exercise, but it keeps me moving. Then on weekly basis, I increase the distance I walk each hour.
Hey any movement is good!

I too thought it was bs when I was younger.

Got some adjustments and ended up doing self adjustments (which can be bad for you) because at the time my attitude was that wasn't going to pay 50 bucks for 10 seconds of work.

But this ended up paying off for me in the long run. I learned that it sometimes takes awhile and multiple adjustments to fix an issue.

So today, when something isn't right, I will go get adjusted but always look to environmental factors to try to remedy the situation from happening again. Bad mattress, chair, posture, worn out shoes, esp old flip flops, etc.

Another big help is sleeping on the floor. A saggy worn out mattress can cause you immense grief. I started sleeping on the floor in 2018, and won't ever go back to a big mattress again.

One time I had reflexology done on my feet by this old Asian woman at a mall in Florida. It was quite painful, and had bruises on my feet the next day, but I swear all my sciatica and lower back pain disappeared. I felt like a new person for about 5 days until the pain returned.

I kept going back to that place, but never saw that old woman working there again.
If you never want to get another adjustment again, go buy a high end massage chair.

Best $6k I ever spent. It will crack your back, massage your arms and grab your arms and legs and stretch you like a piece of taffy. Back always feels good.

If you never want to get another adjustment again, go buy a high end massage chair.

Best $6k I ever spent. It will crack your back, massage your arms and grab your arms and legs and stretch you like a piece of taffy. Back always feels good.
Dude, I LOVE those chairs!

It was a bit annoying when the manager of that massage chair store kicked me out for sitting in the chair "chest first" but, **** him.

I LOVE it that a thread about F'n Chiropractics gets turned into diabetes and fat people. I know I'm one to talk but, obsessed much boys?

I have tried those at the mall and the Singapore airport has them too.. not bad for the price in that scenario, but I probably wouldn't pop for one at home.

Another option is an inversion table, which is a lot cheaper and also can give good results, but it's also easier to over-do it. I would go completely upside down, and that helped get movement going in the low back again when it was completely frozen, but then I did it too much, and it would cause me inflammation and pain.

Yoga is probably something I should do more. My flexibility is so bad though, I can barely keep up with the beginner class.

On a related note, when I started sleeping on the floor, it was a chore to get up off the floor. Over time, that has changed drastically, so much so that I took notice.

Read about a study that was done on people over 50 and their ability to get up off the floor having a correlation to lifespan.. kind of interesting side note.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I have tried those at the mall and the Singapore airport has them too.. not bad for the price in that scenario, but I probably wouldn't pop for one at home.

Another option is an inversion table, which is a lot cheaper and also can give good results, but it's also easier to over-do it. I would go completely upside down, and that helped get movement going in the low back again when it was completely frozen, but then I did it too much, and it would cause me inflammation and pain.

Yoga is probably something I should do more. My flexibility is so bad though, I can barely keep up with the beginner class.

On a related note, when I started sleeping on the floor, it was a chore to get up off the floor. Over time, that has changed drastically, so much so that I took notice.

Read about a study that was done on people over 50 and their ability to get up off the floor having a correlation to lifespan.. kind of interesting side note.
My son loves his inversion table and he does a ton of pull ups, that really keeps the back straight and strong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT