ADVERTISEMENT

OT: back “adjustments”

Went in and they told me they were going to set my neck and spine and get them straightened out. Had seven adjustments in about a month.
Went to a doctor and had an x-ray and took it back to them, and I had vertebrae pointing all different directions. Then their story was that the adjustments will keep it from getting any worse. They are full of horse Pucky.

chiros don't go to medical school

it's bs. literally invented by a snakeoil salesman in iowa who claimed he could cure deafness

go see a PT

Just like any profession you have good and bad.there are shitty PT also who can fk you up also.

Electricians in the State of Nebraska don’t have to go to school to get an electrical license. Does that mean they aren’t really doing electrical work?
yes, in many states they do

being an electrician also deals in absolutes as opposed to unfounded (still) theories told to a snakeoil salesman by a ghost (not joking)

allow me, if you will, a quote from the father of chiropractic:

"The knowledge and philosophy given me by Dr. Jim Atkinson, an intelligent spiritual being, together with explanations of phenomena, principles resolved from causes, effects, powers, laws and utility, appealed to my reason. The method by which I obtained an explanation of certain physical phenomena, from an intelligence in the spiritual world, is known in biblical language as inspiration. In a great measure The Chiropractor's Adjuster was written under such spiritual promptings."

LMAO!!

Last edited:
yes, in many states they do

being an electrician also deals in absolutes as opposed to unfounded (still) theories told to a snakeoil salesman by a ghost (not joking)
Damnit can’t I just start shit and not get a lesson in return!?! (For the record, I went to school for my electrical license so I’m a good one!)

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Damnit can’t I just start shit and not get a lesson in return!?! (For the record, I went to school for my electrical license so I’m a good one!)
I guarantee your test/schooling was infinitely more taxing than what chiros experience en route to their "license"

I guarantee your test/schooling was infinitely more taxing than what chiros experience en route to their "license"
Hell Yeah Wwe GIF by A&E

Reactions: king_kong_
Y’all believe in chiropractic adjustments… or is this harmful sorcery?
I too thought it was bs when I was younger.

Got some adjustments and ended up doing self adjustments (which can be bad for you) because at the time my attitude was that wasn't going to pay 50 bucks for 10 seconds of work.

But this ended up paying off for me in the long run. I learned that it sometimes takes awhile and multiple adjustments to fix an issue.

So today, when something isn't right, I will go get adjusted but always look to environmental factors to try to remedy the situation from happening again. Bad mattress, chair, posture, worn out shoes, esp old flip flops, etc.

Another big help is sleeping on the floor. A saggy worn out mattress can cause you immense grief. I started sleeping on the floor in 2018, and won't ever go back to a big mattress again.

One time I had reflexology done on my feet by this old Asian woman at a mall in Florida. It was quite painful, and had bruises on my feet the next day, but I swear all my sciatica and lower back pain disappeared. I felt like a new person for about 5 days until the pain returned.

I kept going back to that place, but never saw that old woman working there again.

If you're experiencing back or neck pain I would explore Chiropractic adjustments way before I would agree to a surgical procedure.

A Chiropractor saved me from great pain and tingling down my right arm. After 5 visits I felt good enough that I thought, "Hey, I think I can live with this level of pain." After the 13th visit I felt as if I had been miraculously cured.

The Chiropractor I saw was trained in the Gonstead(?) method, which he swore by.

Some folks get great relief. Other conditions they can't help.

Chadron State's Chiropractic Doctoral School Graduate Program

Chiropractors are educated in nationally accredited, four-year doctoral graduate school programs through a curriculum that includes a minimum of 4,200 hours of classroom, laboratory and clinical internship, with the average DC program equivalent in classroom hours to allopathic (MD) and osteopathic (DO) medical schools

I used to believe the "voodoo" medicine and that they did more harm than good but now I believe that "GOOD" chiropractors can do a lot of good for their patients. I've talked with a family members chiropractic specifically about their schooling (I am in healthcare myself) and I was impressed and felt much more comfortable placing my family member in their care. I believe it is worth a visit to at least find out if it is right for you.

Get some acupuncture instead if you scared. I know they're not the same thing. Whatever.
When I was young and adventurous I knew a person who was excellent at it. I let her do my neck but not my F'd up back. Sometimes her adjustments were euphoric, sometimes not. I probably wouldn't do it now.
Its your body, do what you want. Find a good one and make sure you're relaxed when you do it.

I used to have a awesome chiropractor who did a lot more then just adjusting. Stretching. Cupping. Needling. Scraping). He is no longer with us so I started going to a stretch lab. It has been very good for me

strengthen your core and stretch

dont pay a person who wishes they were a doctor but couldn’t hack it so they instead follow the teachings of a seance induced ghost whisperer to wrench on your spine

I too thought it was bs when I was younger.

Got some adjustments and ended up doing self adjustments (which can be bad for you) because at the time my attitude was that wasn't going to pay 50 bucks for 10 seconds of work.

But this ended up paying off for me in the long run. I learned that it sometimes takes awhile and multiple adjustments to fix an issue.

So today, when something isn't right, I will go get adjusted but always look to environmental factors to try to remedy the situation from happening again. Bad mattress, chair, posture, worn out shoes, esp old flip flops, etc.

Another big help is sleeping on the floor. A saggy worn out mattress can cause you immense grief. I started sleeping on the floor in 2018, and won't ever go back to a big mattress again.

One time I had reflexology done on my feet by this old Asian woman at a mall in Florida. It was quite painful, and had bruises on my feet the next day, but I swear all my sciatica and lower back pain disappeared. I felt like a new person for about 5 days until the pain returned.

I kept going back to that place, but never saw that old woman working there again.
Can't you just make/force your 90lb asian "wife" walk on your back and massage away your pains?

Like anything, it works for some and not for others and it usually doesn't work right away.

Years ago my sister worked for a chiro and the "doc" would adjust me, felt good but so does a massage, not sure if it ever did anything.

But if you go and it makes you feel better, keep going.

I think a TON of the stuff that they say is just not accurate but all that matters is if you end up feeling better.

I feel better after a workout, stretching and sauna.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
chiros don't go to medical school

it's bs. literally invented by a snakeoil salesman in iowa who claimed he could cure deafness

go see a PT

All I know is when my back is fvcked up the chiropractor gets me right again.

Can't you just make/force your 90lb asian "wife" walk on your back and massage away your pains?
Well this is a pretty dick way to ask a question that is obviously designed to get a rise out of me, but I'll answer it.

Sometimes I do ask her to walk on my back, if I am having a serious pain issue, and WHEN I'm in Asia. I'm not going to do that when I'm visiting Florida and she is on the other side of the globe.

Also, I can't "make/force" her to do anything. Your assumption is highly misguided and ignorant.

Well this is a pretty dick way to ask a question that is obviously designed to get a rise out of me, but I'll answer it.

Sometimes I do ask her to walk on my back, if I am having a serious pain issue, and WHEN I'm in Asia. I'm not going to do that when I'm visiting Florida and she is on the other side of the globe.

Also, I can't "make/force" her to do anything. Your assumption is highly misguided and ignorant.
Sounds like you need to strengthen your pimp hand.

I’m sure that’s why you have to keep going back

Because you’re “right again”
Look you don’t like them fine don’t go .some have used them and haven’t had issues. As I said earlier there are good and bad in every profession. My problem with you is you think you are right on every topic discussed here.

Look you don’t like them fine don’t go .some have used them and haven’t had issues. As I said earlier there are good and bad in every profession. My problem with you is you think you are right on every topic discussed here.
I don't think I'm right

I am right

you have a problem with truth and fact?

• Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
lift weights, lift weights, lift weights
Lifestyle is the cause of pretty much all diseases. I bet most of the guys on this board are overweight and on at least one medication. Medication(s) they take without question where, if they were to make some lifestyle changes, they could fix their body and get off the medication.

Reactions: Papa...Football
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT