ADVERTISEMENT

OT: anyone watching the colts/patriots game?

huskerbux

Recruiting Coordinator
Aug 24, 2006
Omaha
dumbest play I've ever seen in my life. 4the and three from their 35 and the colts go into some weird punt formation with everyone to the right but two players over the ball. Center snapped the ball even thought patriots had five guys at the ball. No gain.

Reactions: huskerf an4ever
it was hilarious! Someone, or several someones, getting professional salary for that gem

Reminds me of playing 2 on 2 football in the back yard. But this was 2 on 5.

That's obviously the really weird thing. If it was 5-2 in your favor that's one thing, but at 2-5 that made no sense at all. I guess it's just one of those brain cramps, we've all had them. Most of us weren't on national TV when we did it, but we've all done something we couldn't explain later.

That's obviously the really weird thing. If it was 5-2 in your favor that's one thing, but at 2-5 that made no sense at all. I guess it's just one of those brain cramps, we've all had them. Most of us weren't on national TV when we did it, but we've all done something we couldn't explain later.
The snapper obviously wasn't supposed to snap the ball. They did it like several college teams do it just to see if the defense covers it correctly. The punter was surprised when the snapper snapped the ball and then Pagano was yelling at him, "why did you snap the ball?" as they came off the field. I don't know if the end game was to try to draw the Pats offside or if they were hoping they could somehow get an uncovered receiver or what. The bottom line though was that the snapper screwed up. I think they would have called time out and then just punted it if he hadn't done that. HUGE mistake that had a direct bearing on the outcome of the game.

Something lost in all the talking heads on TV looking at this play is Indy came out in an off the wall formation and the Pats had it covered with no confusion. That is good coaching there.

CRptIPMUYAA-ICY.jpg

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT