ADVERTISEMENT

OT Any sky divers here?

Based on your experience, did Dan Cooper (aka DB Cooper) survive the jump?
Yes
After review of the case, I think I know who he actually is. There are so many theories, but of all the suspects I think I know who it is. It's possible someone who has never been mentioned at all did it too.

Yes
After review of the case, I think I know who he actually is. There are so many theories, but of all the suspects I think I know who it is. It's possible someone who has never been mentioned at all did it too.
Why was some of the money found then?

Why was some of the money found then?

Good question, as I understand it, it must have been planted, as rubber bands don't last longer than a year outside? If it wasn't planted, then most likely the real drop zone was further towards the Oregon border and some of the cash Dan Cooper offered to Tina Mucklow on the plane may have been secured differently and fell out?

In the link it says "His sons say that he showed them the key to a box in Vancouver that contains the lost ransom money." So where's the key and the money? Should be easy to prove.

Yes, his son stated he had a safe deposit box at a bank in Vancouver, but they apparently never had access to it, same with authorities, they never had the legal right to open it. Probably still there.

Yes, his son stated he had a safe deposit box at a bank in Vancouver, but they apparently never had access to it, same with authorities, they never had the legal right to open it. Probably still there.

Doesn't sound plausible. If they wanted in that box, they could get in.

Doesn't sound plausible. If they wanted in that box, they could get in.

His son's specifically mentioned the box, even location, and no one did anything about it. FBI can't just seize your box unless you are officially arrested and charged for a crime.

His son's specifically mentioned the box, even location, and no one did anything about it. FBI can't just seize your box unless you are officially arrested and charged for a crime.

The FBI can do whatever they want. If this could solve the DB Cooper case, they'd do it.

I say sure he could of made it but then I only did one jump and it was a tandem jump. So not the person to ask.

Speaking of jumping...It was not as fun as I thought it would be. The most fun was the initial exit off the plane as we ended up doing a slow flip. I suppose if your on your own and could do a lot of flips and twists that would be fun. I thought it was hard to catch your breath as your falling so fast. It's big blast of air rushing by. When the chute was deployed it was quite the jerk and I ended up with bruises on my shoulders. Then when we landed the tandem guy fell on me and I landed on my hip. That hurt and I had a bit of a limp for a day or so. I am glad I did it as it was on my bucket list and I wanted to see what it was like. It's a good memory and great for stories but not something I would make a hobby.

My nephew was a paratrooper for awhile but eventually transferred as he ended up with knee and ankle issues.

Hi, guys (and gals too)

Iowa fan here, but I come in peace for all mankind, as did Neil Armstrong.
Two things:

first, with nearly 300 jumps to my credit & a significant amount of research into the DB Cooper story (neither of which qualify me as an expert on the subject), I would say with about 95% certainty that DB Cooper DID survive the jump. that is based largely on the presumed fact that the pilot and co-pilot were somehow able to determine the exact spot (near Ariel, Washington) of his exiting the plane. Needless to say, thousands of people combed the woods and found absolutely nothing. If Cooper had burned in, they would have found him, and they did not. So, assuming the crew got the exit spot right (and I believe they did; these guys are pros), then he must have gotten away.

The whole thing is the ultimate Missing Persons story,and I have no idea who DB Cooper really was, other than to say that I sincerely doubt any of these people coming out of the woodwork claiming to know who it is. the story is kind of like the JFK Assassination in that as long as the "authors" can find enough people stupid enough to buy their books, they are in bu$iness.

Secondly, as to Mr. Reditus' post above re: the tandem jump not being that great, well, let me tell you, there is a HUGE difference between a tandem jump and a solo jump. I would like to tell you my own personal comments immediately after my very first solo jump, but there may be women and children reading this, so I will refrain.

Hope this info helps.

Hi, guys (and gals too)

Secondly, as to Mr. Reditus' post above re: the tandem jump not being that great, well, let me tell you, there is a HUGE difference between a tandem jump and a solo jump. I would like to tell you my own personal comments immediately after my very first solo jump, but there may be women and children reading this, so I will refrain.

Hope this info helps.

I can respect that and do appreciate the thoughts from an experienced jumper.

Now the fact that you became an Iowa fans suggests to me that you landed in a tree somewhere and hung upside too long. (j/k)

I can respect that and do appreciate the thoughts from an experienced jumper.

Now the fact that you became an Iowa fans suggests to me that you landed in a tree somewhere and hung upside too long. (j/k)

Most regrettably, you are 50% correct. I DID land in a orange tree in Florida one time (with a modern maneuverale chute) It should never have happened, but I missed the drop zone completely. Fortunately, they found me soon enough and I did not hang in the tree to long, and they got me down, and it never happened again. But it was pretty embarrassing because I had over 50 jumps at that point & should have known better.

but hopefully you can appreciate my comments above re: the world's mos infamous skydiver, and I would just reiterate that that is most likely the correct outcome of that debacle.

Most regrettably, you are 50% correct. I DID land in a orange tree in Florida one time (with a modern maneuverale chute) It should never have happened, but I missed the drop zone completely. Fortunately, they found me soon enough and I did not hang in the tree to long, and they got me down, and it never happened again. But it was pretty embarrassing because I had over 50 jumps at that point & should have known better.

but hopefully you can appreciate my comments above re: the world's mos infamous skydiver, and I would just reiterate that that is most likely the correct outcome of that debacle.
Did you eat a couple oranges while waiting to get rescued? Serious question.

That's a good story. Events like that keeps us on our toes.

I didn’t jump in the same conditions that he did, but I’m sure there’s a chance
I don't think there's much doubt that he survived the jump. He knew what he was doing. The documentary was really interesting. The interviews with former associates and military folks who knew some of the suspects were especially interesting. The one guy that they probably spent the most time with and who is still alive was a strange cat. The guy did prison time and then went on to become a lawyer and teach at a university.:confused: He would never deny that he had done it.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT