ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Any other water skiers out there?

Was a huge skier growing up. We'd go hard into the early evenings. Only do it once or twice a year now as I have hit my mid-60s (just prove that I still can). Used to barefoot as well. No more.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Days like this make me wish I had a snowmobile but then I remember some times you go a couple of years without adequate snow to run on😅

Good to hear some of us out there. Grew up doing it. In my late 40’s still slalom and barefoot several times a week

I'm 49 and grew up skiing every weekend. Both of my sons are serious baseball players but I never played growing up because my Dad said, "Look, we can either go boating or you can play baseball. You pick." We went for hours and hours and now I'm lucky if I can ski for 20 minutes and still have the strength to haul my ass back in the boat. Still love it though.

Reactions: BigRedBugeaters
Found memories. Boat always hooked up in driveway, Trips to Lovewell Lake in northern KS. At least 4 nights a week after work. Friends, case of beer, my 68" EP Slalom
one time I caught alot of walleye by weeds at love well...used to ski a bit mostly at places like big mac and the missouri river...knew 2 folks who would barefoot at a fremont lake alot, and allways get a place for their campers.

Learned to ski (water) at age 19 with my future wife's family. Never really had time to go to the lake growing up but when we could go just watched from the shore and envied. My father in law had a boat and loved the lake ( Bonnie in CO) I was fortunate and got up on my first try even though it was a struggle...I weighed 225. Next time I visited he had purchased a new boat. I never was very good at it but I enjoyed it. Couldn't do many fancy things but give me glass water and I was really good at wide swings and then jumping the wake

Found memories. Boat always hooked up in driveway, Trips to Lovewell Lake in northern KS. At least 4 nights a week after work. Friends, case of beer, my 68" EP Slalom
Lovewell.. that's my lake or the closest to me. We refer to it as the frog pond 😁

It's a shadow of It's former self. Very silted in and my guesstimate is holds half the water it used to
Well, I haven't been there in 8ish years but we enjoyed it. As you're no doubt aware, there's jack crap for water recreation in SE Nebraska.

Honestly, never got it. Go to the right side wake, then left side wake. It was just too monotonous for me. Same as bowling, no variety in the challenge. I did ski on big lake in Eastern Texas I was told afterwards had alligators. That was thrilling. They said they generally keep to themselves around the inlets. I don't do 'generally' when it comes to encountering maneaters.

Honestly, never got it. Go to the right side wake, then left side wake. It was just too monotonous for me. Same as bowling, no variety in the challenge. I did ski on big lake in Eastern Texas I was told afterwards had alligators. That was thrilling. They said they generally keep to themselves around the inlets. I don't do 'generally' when it comes to encountering maneaters.
I go down the Florida every spring barefoot skiing and there are gators in those waters. They say they are scared of the boat and only feed at night but I am scared to death of them

Reactions: pascal
I go down the Florida every spring barefoot skiing and there are gators in those waters. They say they are scared of the boat and only feed at night but I am scared to death of them
I was down in the Everglades and talked to a guy about gators. The tide comes up and they come with it, then the tied goes down and they get left behind. He said they end up in his yard. I asked him what they do (personally I'd get on the roof and scream like a little girl, once down, move way North). He said they just go out and kick them and they eventually leave. Its funny how a person gets familiar with danger and after a while the fear goes away. I had a job which had me do some climbing back in the day before anyone used a safety harness. At first I was terrified and squeezed each wrung like I'd never let go. A couple of months later I am swinging like a monkey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT