ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Andre the Giant on HBO. Incredible documentary.

The largest human being I ever saw in my life. My boys and I patted him on the back when he wrestled in Omaha a long time ago. He was surely "a man among men".

I believe that it was the Washington Redskins who drafted Andre for professional football. When asked where he would play, the answer "the entire defensive line" was given.

Andre was legendary for the amount of beer he drank daily. He was very athletic when he was a young man.

Any way to see this without subscribing? Can you rent it directly from their website or anything?

It is fantastic. Right up there with 30 for 30 on Ric Flair and “Tough Guys” on Showtime.

I still can’t say enough about “ Tough Guys”. I think I’m still the only idiot in America who thought it was that great.

They seemed to make it a minor Hulk Hogan doc, but I liked the stories he told. I liked how Andre was great at selling action for the younger guys as long as they understood how things worked. Andre could literally kill any one of them if he really wanted, but was generous enough to make them look good in a match before beating them. Look out if you were the guy who didn't understand that concept. I don't have HBO anymore, but Google is amazing when finding stuff. ;)

Just watched it and thought it was great as well. Literally wrestled at the cost of his health and didnt seem to care about the price.

Best part is 20 min in when they talk about,and show, Andre beating the $hit out of the guys he didnt like. Could even MANHANDLE BIG JOHN STUDD, think about that.

Reactions: vs540husker
Just watched it last night...after with tearing up...very well done doc...loved the part about Wrestlemania 3 where he essentially didn’t tell Hogan what was gonna happen, just that it would be ok...the passing of the torch gave me chills

Very well done documentary, loved the part when he drank 100 beers... man can’t believe they would even be able to count them after guzzling that many down.

Andre was as nice as they come as long as you were on his good side.

Born in 72, this is an incredible show.

Watched it twice. Tears...

I was a ringside Doctor in the mid 70's in the Northeast. Andre was so big even the bigger Blood Pressure cuff barely fit his upper arm. A nice ,polite gentle giant. Just last week one of his friends, Luscious Johnny Valiant died.

I did a speech on Andre the Giant in highschool for speech class, one of the best speeches i ever gave because i knew the content so well. very good documentary. it could probably have been longer, they need to do more of these types of things with the stars of yesteryear.

Great documentary and my wife loved it too.
I was hoping to hear audio of one of his giant farts though, so that was the only disappointment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT