ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A little preschool levity...

ZaneHickey

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 3, 2004
So, with Lent's arrival, the talk at the local parochial preschool my wife directs was of Jesus, of course, and at some point, sacrifice. The kids noticed the crucifix and the discussion briefly touched on his being nailed to the cross. One of the cherubs said, "Wow- that would really hurt! Why couldn't they just use tape?!":)

Many years ago I led chapel for our preschool and brought in a tape dispenser and some paper clips. I told them how Jesus built a bridge between us and the father, and asked if we could do that with the tape and paper clips... one boy scoffed and said, “No, you need bigger paper clips!”

Love how little minds think... :)

Many years ago I led chapel for our preschool and brought in a tape dispenser and some paper clips. I told them how Jesus built a bridge between us and the father, and asked if we could do that with the tape and paper clips... one boy scoffed and said, “No, you need bigger paper clips!”

Love how little minds think... :)
Laughing They are awesome. My wife told me last year that the kids were looking at a book/story that had a depiction of the baby Jesus, and it was apparent (not graphic, of course) that he was born in a birthday suit and "swaddled". One of the kids, of course, had to ask, "So, babies are born naked?"...Then, after a moment of processing, had a V-8 moment, and said, "Oh, YEAH, otherwise the mom would have to eat clothes!"Laughing

I have been fasinated with this poem by a 6 year old. Makes you wonder if he knew the genius of his work.

CzW7JsSXgAEk1TE.jpg

I'm in the nursery at our church. It's one of the real joys of my life. The stories I hear? Wow! RollingLaugh I never had kids but I love getting be a pseudo grandpa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT