ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 40 years ago today

The final episode of M*A*S*H aired 40 years ago today. Over 121 million people watched that episode. Time sure does fly!

Sure I’m in the minority but I never understood the fascination with that show. It was so popular I forced myself to try to watch it a few times and would always turn it off about halfway. I never did see a complete episode.

Reactions: Gonzo3705
The show was pretty good until the latter years when it devolved into full episodes of Alan Alda talking nonstop each and every episode.

Loved McLean Stevenson and Trapper John in the early years.
Yup, the early years were the best.
Seems like they did a lot of crazy stuff, and then settled down doing life situations, after some left the show.

Yup, the early years were the best.
Seems like they did a lot of crazy stuff, and then settled down doing life situations, after some left the show.
Imo the later years the story line was more like what was going on in Vietnam, to many little things that would never happen in Korea but it did in Vietnam anyway that’s what I learned from talking to both war veterans

Imo the later years the story line was more like what was going on in Vietnam, to many little things that would never happen in Korea but it did in Vietnam anyway that’s what I learned from talking to both war veterans
M*A*S*H was always a commentary on the politics of war. The 1970 movie was clearly about Vietnam even though Korea was the setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT