ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon Game Day/Night Entertainment possibilities...

gratefulweb

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2001
Eugene OR
www.gratefulweb.com
OK, I'm starting to dial in on my ideas for tailgating before the Nebraska/Oregon game as well as possibilities for later that night.

Since the game starts at 1:30pm locally, that sort of dictates how elaborate the tailgating will be.

Here are some thoughts...

I can get a RV spot right by the stadium and will be allowed to stay in the spot over night. So that makes it tempting to tailgate before the game, then attempt to just keep it going all evening. However, I get the feeling that most people are interested in venturing out and about in Eugene and some heading to Portland because of the time of day.

Beyond the tailgate party, which WILL happen, I can also rent a pizza place in downtown Eugene, known as Whirled Pies Downtown. They serve good Italian food, beer, wine, and hard alcohol. They also function as a full music venue (sound, lighting, stage, et al). I have contacted a few local bands that are pretty fun, one being a bluegrass band and one being a group of old dudes that play 70's and 80's rock and roll. Additionally, there are a few DJ's available to appease the younger peeps. The place can be an all ages set up or a 21+ set up.

If I was to do the evening party, I'd probably charge $5 - $7 to get in (to cover the price of the place and to give bands a little money). Paying that fee would just get you in the door.

With that all said, I'm trying to gauge the interest level of Husker fans attending a Husker-centric party after the game, into the evening... like the 8pm - 1am slot.

We could call it the Unofficial Officiall RSS Post Game Party

Care to weigh on on this idea and if you would be interested?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News