ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Day!!!!

Favorite day of the year, head out to a local sports bar in Plano for Rangers opener. Let's Go Rangers!

After the first inning of the Royals game today I was like
tenor.gif

But then after the 4th inning I was like
3cjkQSt.gif

After the Astros mowed down the three highest paid teams in baseball in a row to win the World Series I don’t know if anything that dramatic can happen this year but we got our pitcher in the offseason and we still have the most talented young team in baseball so here’s hoping for a repeat. Springer led off with a dinger yesterday - good omen I hope. (Although the focus is on the Rocket right now - and well DeShaun Watson’s knee.)

Last edited:
Mainly because you would be swapping a Friday game for a Monday game, which is a smaller payday for the home team. Also the final game of the series is getaway day for the visitors, so it's usually in the afternoon. And having getaway day on a Sunday afternoon brings in a lot more revenue than playing on Monday afternoon.

Mainly because you would be swapping a Friday game for a Monday game, which is a smaller payday for the home team. Also the final game of the series is getaway day for the visitors, so it's usually in the afternoon. And having getaway day on a Sunday afternoon brings in a lot more revenue than playing on Monday afternoon.
So, it's only about money. Got it.

So, it's only about money. Got it.
Of course it's about the money. Most teams get big crowds on opening day no matter which day of the week it's on. So while having it on a Saturday would be better for a lot of working fans, Game 3 of the opening series would end up drawing a smaller crowd, with fewer $8 hot dogs and $11 beers sold. When is it not about the money?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT