ADVERTISEMENT

Open practice notes

i know it was not many. expecting more success by me might be insanity yet i think experience across the d-line will create some tangible results. 15 might be more realistic.
Even if they can attract double teams and open lanes for LB’s for sacks that counts the same in my book. I just want to see opposing QB’s on their backs … a bunch.

Reactions: 10Trvln
Glad to hear the practice was a success but god that sucks about Gradney. Hope his injury isn't serious but always worrisome when a guy gets carted off.
I don't think this kid has been totally healthy during football season since his sophomore year. And he's changing positions and now this? Hate to see it.

• Sad
Reactions: headcard
i know it was not many. expecting more success by me might be insanity yet i think experience across the d-line will create some tangible results. 15 might be more realistic.
Pretty sure they use a sun dial to time Robinson doing just about anything

Ya- now that is a real concern including all kick game. Going to have some Ls if that doesn’t become “Elite”.
There is nothing yet we’ve seen in our return game punting or kickoff reruns to determine how good or bad we are this early in camp..

Last night, 5-star phenom Dylan Raiola led the Huskers onto the field for the Big Red Preview practice, where he took all the first team reps in each team competition period. Even to my untrained eye, there's no doubt that he is the best of all the QBs. His release looked smooth and effortless, and he was pretty accurate. I didn't see any passes in danger of being snagged by the defense. He also showed good footwork by navigating a few collapsing pockets, while also being elusive and fast enough to gain yards before escaping out of bounds. It was fun to watch.Now...fast forward to the end of practice, when linemen & assistant coaches from offense and defense squared off in a punt catching competition. The losing side would have to run a gasser. Thanks to a bunch of buttered fingers, or punts bouncing off of padded chests, the defense lost. So then Rhule told the offense leave the field while the defense ran the gasser, and as his mates trotted toward the tunnel, Dylan Raiola stayed and ran it with his defense. Gotta admit: that was the highlight of the night for me.And yes...I said HIS defense. I don't think I'm too far off when I say that the entire night provided two clear messages to those of us who dropped 25 bucks to be in attendance: #1 - This team has it's QB1, who's rapidly becoming a leader. #2 - We got our money's worth.

Yeah, clearly hyperbole but let's be honest and say they could be top 3-5 er room in conference. "Nobody in the country is ready for that talent" come on.
We have one guy who’s produced at the P5 level and that was elsewhere (Banks)

I just don’t think these guys know what they’re looking at or have ever seen another team for context

We’ve had two 1,000 yard receivers in the history of our entire program for Pete’s sake

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT