ADVERTISEMENT

One of the Husker 2018 QB targets commits to SMU

Makes sense. Why come play with 2 other freshmen.

Going to a good school close to home.

Makes sense. Why come play with 2 other freshmen.

Going to a good school close to home.

You do realize UGA has landed the #1 QB 3 years in a row? Competition doesn’t bother everyone. We want a kid whose confident @ QB. Maybe Gipson wanted to stay close to home. Maybe he’s afraid of competition. I don’t know. And now that he’s off the table, I don’t care. I wish him well. But plenty of talented HS QBs aren’t afraid of depth charts. Some are even ok with learning for a few years before it’s there time.

Last edited:
2bk4cw.gif

Last edited:
You do realize UGA has landed the #1 QB 3 years in a row? Competition doesn’t bother everyone. We want a kid whose confident @ QB. Maybe Embody wanted to stay close to home. Maybe he’s afraid of competition. I don’t know. And now that he’s off the table, I don’t care. I wish him well. But plenty of talented HS QBs aren’t afraid of depth charts. Some are even ok with learning for a few years before it’s there time.
Embody is the journalist. I am sure he does want to stay close to home.

Meh..."committing" doesn't seem to mean a whole lot these days anyways until signing day. The coaches get paid very well to worry about this stuff so I don't have to.

You do realize UGA has landed the #1 QB 3 years in a row? Competition doesn’t bother everyone. We want a kid whose confident @ QB. Maybe Embody wanted to stay close to home. Maybe he’s afraid of competition. I don’t know. And now that he’s off the table, I don’t care. I wish him well. But plenty of talented HS QBs aren’t afraid of depth charts. Some are even ok with learning for a few years before it’s there time.
Maybe he liked SMU?

Reactions: TFrazier
He's about 10th on Nebraska's QB target list. They offered roughly 15 QBs, and they have closed in on their top 3 targets now. Even if he wanted to choose the Huskers, Nebraska would've advised him to pump the brakes until at least the late fall.

With something like 500 offers out there, if we start a new thread for every offeree who goes elsewhere, we're going to need to add some pages to the scrapbook.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
You do realize UGA has landed the #1 QB 3 years in a row? Competition doesn’t bother everyone. We want a kid whose confident @ QB. Maybe Gipson wanted to stay close to home. Maybe he’s afraid of competition. I don’t know. And now that he’s off the table, I don’t care. I wish him well. But plenty of talented HS QBs aren’t afraid of depth charts. Some are even ok with learning for a few years before it’s there time.
And one of those Georgia QB's has already transferred

Reactions: jeans15
But you're forgetting that they ARE afraid of snow. Deathly afraid. That's why Nebraska can never win a football game again, only teams from hot climates can.

Reactions: spinner4
But you're forgetting that they ARE afraid of snow. Deathly afraid. That's why Nebraska can never win a football game again, only teams from hot climates can.
Only one team outside of the southeast region of the country has won a championship in the past 12 years. So what you’re saying may not be as outlandish as you intended it to sound.

Yeah. Thats why QBs transfer a the time.

Sorry but this is crap fans believe. Players want to play.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
And yet arguable majority of the top QBs in the NFL have cold weather experience.

Brady - Played @ Michigan
Brees - Played @ Purdue
Big Ben - From Ohio
Garoppolo - From Illinois
Wentz - Played @NDS
Wilson - Played @ Wisconsin
Cousins - Played @MSU
Ryan - Played @ BC

Rodgers didn't play much in cold weather before he got to Green Bay. But he was a back up for 3 years so he learned how to play in the cold.

Cam Newton has been pretty lucky in his career. He plays in the AFC South and rarely has he had to play in the cold. If I was a player, I wouldn't count on that type of luck.

D Watson never played in the cold really. So it's still up in the air.

Who else is there? Is it a coincidence that most of the top NFL QBs learned to play in the cold before the NFL and for the most part, SEC QBs have not done well in the NFL?

Reactions: superman787
And one of those Georgia QB's has already transferred

Yeah. Thats why QBs transfer a the time.

Sorry but this is crap fans believe. Players want to play.

The OP is about about recruiting. My response was to your post Jeans15 was about recruiting and landing a QB, not about attrition. Being worried about the depth chart as a recruit and worrying about it as a current roster player are two different things.
As a recruit, you don't know that the guy in front of you is better. A lot are cocky enough to think they are the best QB in the world.

As we saw at UGA: Eason was the starting QB in 2016, Fromm committed knowing that Eason would have 3 more years. Eason got hurt, Fromm took over. Eason knew that Fromm was the man, so he left. And you never know what can happen in competition.

Now Fields and Fromm will battle. And honeslty, Fields is not in a bad position. Likely he RS in 2018. Then 2019, he serves as back-up. Fromm is good enough to go pro after 2019. So even though Fields and Fromm are one year apart, Fields could easily be a starter @ UGA for 3 years.

And yes Attrition is always high @ QB. Our coaches know that. But you don't recruit a kid just because you will think he will leave after a year or two if he isn't named the starter. You let that work its way out on the field. Obviously kids want to play.

Reactions: jeans15
Wonder if he was informed that McCaffrey was N and that his commitment was better directed somewhere else. Or is McCaffrey not projecting to QB here?

Only one team outside of the southeast region of the country has won a championship in the past 12 years. So what you’re saying may not be as outlandish as you intended it to sound.

Sobering stat. It doesn't hurt that the SEC is virtually guaranteed two spots in the annual four-team tournament when everything else is equal among the bubble teams. Alabama practically has an automatic berth so long as they don't lose two games, and even then.

Here's how I see the Selection Committee discussion going...

Did Team A win its conference?
No.

Did they win their division at least?
No.

Is "Team A" Alabama?
Yes.

They're in!

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT