ADVERTISEMENT

Once again Nebraska Basketball nowhere

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
Close to receiving a bid into the NCAA Tournament. This really bothers me.
Nebraska needs a HC who has connections to bring in a great staff who can go out and recruit great players.
Start with keeping instate kids from going elsewhere.
Until then, keep waiting til next year, next year, next year..........

You have to go all the way back to 1958 (over 60 years) to find when the athletic department cared so little for its players, fans and program in basketball and decided to bring back a coach who couldn’t produce a single winning record in his first four years

Last edited:
Close to receiving a bid into the NCAA Tournament. This really bothers me.
Nebraska needs a HC who has connections to bring in a great staff who can go out and recruit great players.
Start with keeping instate kids from going elsewhere.
Until then, keep waiting til next year, next year, next year..........
you mean like your true buddy Scott Frost?

You have to go all the way back to the Fall.
The thread was about basketball so I thought it was clear that was what I was referring to but I now realize that when referring to historic futility there are multiple programs I could be referencing

Will amend my post to make it clear Trev has no problem bringing back a basketball coach that has set records for futility even in a program that has been historically futile

Last edited:
You have to go all the way back to 1958 (over 60 years) to find when the athletic department cared so little for its players, fans and program and decided to bring back a coach who couldn’t produce a single winning record in his first four years
Sad man.
you mean like your true buddy Scott Frost?
Don't cry lolol

You have to go all the way back to 1958 (over 60 years) to find when the athletic department cared so little for its players, fans and program in basketball and decided to bring back a coach who couldn’t produce a single winning record in his first four years
16-15 heading into BIg10 tourney. Winning record. So regular season had a winning record. Anything else?

16-15 heading into BIg10 tourney. Winning record. So regular season had a winning record. Anything else?
Well hell, they won their first game so let's just say they were undefeated and leave it at that? Or, maybe let's forget the hair splitting, look at their record, use our brains, and understand that the Nebraska basketball team didn't have a winning record this year.

All debates aside the OP has a point. Nebraska is historically awful in basketball. Would it be accurate to say we are the worst P5 basketball program of all time? And even if we are not the worst (and my gut says we are) we are damn near the bottom. Can this be caused just by bad coaching hires? Seriously? The whole damn past 100 years was just one awful basketball coach after another? There has to be more to it than that.

OMG - this quote should be framed and hung prominently in the losers hall of fame
Lol all of you that like to bitch and moan and think you have the pulse of the team more than our AD make me laugh. Stick your head back in the sand, cheer the players on for a W, an NIT bid and shut up.

Well hell, they won their first game so let's just say they were undefeated and leave it at that? Or, maybe let's forget the hair splitting, look at their record, use our brains, and understand that the Nebraska basketball team didn't have a winning record this year.
Year isn’t over hopefully. Premature much?

Some of us stick together in all kinds of weather.😉
I am 71 years old and I still take Nebraska basketball near to the heart. Just like when I was in eighth grade sitting in the third row of the bleachers in the old Coliseum cheering for Stuart Lantz, Nate Branch, Willie Campbell, Tom Baack and Grant Simmons. I am still cheering as hard as I can!

Lol all of you that like to bitch and moan and think you have the pulse of the team more than our AD make me laugh. Stick your head back in the sand, cheer the players on for a W, an NIT bid and shut up.
You mean like he had the pulse of the football team when he brought back Frost for year 5?

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Year isn’t over hopefully. Premature much?
Yeah, I'm on the edge of my seat just waiting for that big NIT news. I can barely sleep. Who cares? BTW, did you listen to your hero Hoiberg during the postgame on Wednesday? It sure sounded like he thinks the season is over. If they scrape into the NIT it changes nothing about the analysis - he's keeping his job because of his contract.

I am 71 years old and I still take Nebraska basketball near to the heart. Just like when I was in eighth grade sitting in the third row of the bleachers in the old Coliseum cheering for Stuart Lantz, Nate Branch, Willie Campbell, Tom Baack and Grant Simmons. I am still cheering as hard as I can!
Bless you sure I’m seating right next you.

Too proud of a program to take a bid to the lesser tournament I guess. Nebraska would beg for an NIT bid. A tale of two programs.
So what does that say for Detroit who is 212 in Net wanting in the CBI?
ohh wait they have the coaches kid that needs 4 points to break Maravich record.
🤪🔫

Someone here has the problem with sticking together in all kinds of weather..

Typical of a fair weather fan..must be a Gen Z that doesn’t know $&it about history.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Some of us stick together in all kinds of weather.😉
Truly admirable … music to Trev’s ears when he hears fans will continue to pay up and don’t really care all that much about winning

Personally, for me, after being served a shit sandwich I am not in the habit of complimenting the chef and then requesting 2nds or 3rds or 4ths or in this case a 5th serving

I guess I could just pretend the shit sandwich was just a bad patch of weather and join you in eating up

Bon appetit!!

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Stop What ? I went this season because they played with enthusiasm and fought hard..

When they stop doing that and get their azz handed to them, I’ll stop supporting..
There were only 2 big ten teams that had a negative average scoring margin for the season - one of them was Nebraska. We got our ass handed to us plenty

Stop What ? I went this season because they played with enthusiasm and fought hard..

When they stop doing that and get their azz handed to them, I’ll stop supporting..
What is more supportive than wanting to win?

trev has two currencies with which to try and change the program’s fortunes: money and time

He is choosing to waste multiple years of the infinitely more precious one in order to save a little coin

That is a “f*ck you” to us fans

What is more supportive than wanting to win?

trev has two currencies with which to try and change the program’s fortunes: money and time

He is choosing to waste multiple years of the infinitely more precious one in order to save a little coin

That is a “f*ck you” to us fans
It seems so odd that a 16-16 season is some reason to be "optimistic" about the future.

The idea of "saving money" is so stupid, a Husker team that is making the dance IS THE MONEY and it doesn't take much. 10 non-con wins and 10 conference wins and you are in.

It seems so odd that a 16-16 season is some reason to be "optimistic" about the future.

The idea of "saving money" is so stupid, a Husker team that is making the dance IS THE MONEY and it doesn't take much. 10 non-con wins and 10 conference wins and you are in.
The B1G got 8 bids, which means it will have $10M+ to dole out to members

Many here prefer to be on welfare instead of working to pay for their own meals

The B1G got 8 bids, which means it will have $10M+ to dole out to members

Many here prefer to be on welfare instead of working to pay for their own meals
So many fans are scared of change. If what you are currently doing is not working, change it.

Good lord there are rumors that TT is trying to get Coach K. Think about that for a second...meanwhile NU is sitting around talking about progress because the team had a nice run in Feb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT