ADVERTISEMENT

OMG VIKINGS!

I've been home shopping all day with my main squeeze and look at this board for first time since this morning and see all these "OMG" threads...I'm flattered.

...and the Vikes are maxed out for a few years until they move on from the best .500 QB of all time.

Reactions: HBK4life
I've been home shopping all day with my main squeeze and look at this board for first time since this morning and see all these "OMG" threads...I'm flattered.

...and the Vikes are maxed out for a few years until they move on from the best .500 QB of all time.
They could unload him and eat some cap. Next year would be his last for sure if they kept him. We'll cut the cheatin' donkeys a sweet deal.

Zimmer sure got a lot dumber after the Vikings' brass started spending 1/4 of their payroll on a modestly above average QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Zimmer sure got a lot dumber after the Vikings' brass started spending 1/4 of their payroll on a modestly above average QB.
It's amazing how much of a team's success or failure is tied to a QB and his contract. The salary cap is brutal for teams who lose their mind when negotiating with QBs. I think Spielman signed him to that deal maybe knowing that, but though that he was the last piece they needed to get to the Super Bowl. I was listening to post game Vikings radio yesterday and one of the former player/hosts was talking about how Cousins doesn't see the field very well. He noted specific plays where he had guys wide open for huge gains or check down guys open and didn't see them. Instead he took a sack. That doesn't show up in a QBs completion percentage or yards per attempt. It just makes the O line look bad.

So one stinking guy, the QB, can make a GM and head coach look pretty mediocre to bad. Seems like I've heard kind of the same story for Husker football. People have argued that it isn't Cousins' fault to which my reply is it's him and more importantly his contract. IF he were as good as Aaron Rodgers, the Vikings would be contending for the Super Bowl every year even with the salary cap limitations.

It's amazing how much of a team's success or failure is tied to a QB and his contract. The salary cap is brutal for teams who lose their mind when negotiating with QBs. I think Spielman signed him to that deal maybe knowing that, but though that he was the last piece they needed to get to the Super Bowl. I was listening to post game Vikings radio yesterday and one of the former player/hosts was talking about how Cousins doesn't see the field very well. He noted specific plays where he had guys wide open for huge gains or check down guys open and didn't see them. Instead he took a sack. That doesn't show up in a QBs completion percentage or yards per attempt. It just makes the O line look bad.

So one stinking guy, the QB, can make a GM and head coach look pretty mediocre to bad. Seems like I've heard kind of the same story for Husker football. People have argued that it isn't Cousins' fault to which my reply is it's him and more importantly his contract. IF he were as good as Aaron Rodgers, the Vikings would be contending for the Super Bowl every year even with the salary cap limitations.
Winning is a quarterback statistic. Cousin is a wealthy loser. When he was with the Redskins, they kept extending him on a franchise deal. They just didn't like him enough to lock him up. Red flag to me. He sure does throw a pretty ball though....

Reactions: dinglefritz
Winning is a quarterback statistic. Cousin is a wealthy loser. When he was with the Redskins, they kept extending him on a franchise deal. They just didn't like him enough to lock him up. Red flag to me. He sure does throw a pretty ball though....
One of Cousins' problems is that he's too short and not quick enough to be much of a scramble threat. He's a small guy but you can get away with that if you can move like Wilson. He sometimes has problems seeing the field and defenses can pin their ears back and not be too worried about him leaving the pocket. Good heavens with the weapons he has the Vikings should be putting up huge offensive numbers and nobody can tell me it has been the play calling. Cousins has a lot of freedom to change plays at the LOS.

Reactions: drubendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT