ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball today 4:05 pm

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
If it stops snowing by 1 pm can they uncover the Haymarket field and play the game today or will they shoot for a double header tomorrow?

If it stops snowing by 1 pm can they uncover the Haymarket field and play the game today or will they shoot for a double header tomorrow?
Why wouldn’t you want to play double header tomorrow with this kind of weather..

Just look at Timmerman's face on the front page of this site, he's going to give the field one look with that face and dry it instantly.

Also, Nebraska is consistently the one team in the B1G that actually WANTS to play, so I have no doubt they will get a DH in tomorrow.

Real feel temp is 33 at 1:10 pm. Minimum to play is 28 so I imagine we will play today and freeze out the opponent and fans for an opening day win. A bit selfish IMHO but I get why Bolt would want to play and take the advantage. Still brutal to ask the fans to show up for a football weather type game. .

Reactions: scarletred
Real feel temp is 33 at 1:10 pm. Minimum to play is 28 so I imagine we will play today and freeze out the opponent and fans for an opening day win. A bit selfish IMHO but I get why Bolt would want to play and take the advantage. Still brutal to ask the fans to show up for a football weather type game. .
Good thing Bolt is taking advantage of poor South Alabama. We're only down 4-0 after 1.

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
Imagine that, another starting pitcher not ready to go on game day. I would have yanked this guy in the first inning.

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
Imagine that, another starting pitcher not ready to go on game day. I would have yanked this guy in the first inning.
It's March 8th, still early enough to see how a guy responds to adversity. Christo has been a pretty big bust so far, but the offense only scored 3 runs anyway so it didn't matter when they pulled him, still would have lost.

Here we go again. These kids... Down 4-0 in the top of the 1st. What will it take to get these kids ready to play? 2 errors back to back.

• Angry
Reactions: MargotDeeper
Here we go again. These kids... Down 4-0 in the top of the 1st. What will it take to get these kids ready to play? 2 errors back to back.
Maybe the coaching staff shouldn’t have started Ben Columbus at 2nd base for the first time in his career. Sounded like a routine double play ball that turned into error. Next guy should up hits a 3 run home run

Reactions: regionsdoc
Maybe the coaching staff shouldn’t have started Ben Columbus at 2nd base for the first time in his career. Sounded like a routine double play ball that turned into error. Next guy should up hits a 3 run home run
I agree. I don't know why I get so worked up but man, I just want to see a Nebraska team focused and ready to play. Coaching mistakes and errors are piling up on this team already. Drives me nuts.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
This team has made several large run deficit comebacks this year, which speaks well for our bats, but outside of Sears, our starting pitching has been mediocre so far, however, our bullpen has held up pretty well so far. Just keep winning those series. GBR.
This one was not on the starter. 5 combined errors by 2B, SS and 3B, most of those runs were unearned. Christo also had some minor tough luck as they got a cheap single to lead off and the home run was strictly wind aided.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT