ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha

No, but I’m pretty sure this one is more than just leaving a kid in the car, because this kid was a 5-year-old. This lady could be evil.
I have a Dr friend who during COVID drove 20 minutes to work in the Twin Cities during the summer and only when his vehicle warned him to check the back seat did he realize he had forgotten to drop his daughter off at daycare.

Unfortunately a teacher I know left her toddler in a rear facing car seat. She didn’t realize that her husband had put the kid in her old jalopy right before they both left for work. 😕

After that incident I don’t pass judgement unless I know the whole story. I’m not even going to read the story on this one. Awful situation.

after we had our third child...and I was left to watch all 3 of them for the first time all by myself...haha. I lasted 20min and lost one. Called 911 even...sherriff shows up, we find my son (who I thought was too young to even accomplish this) had crawled out of the house, opened the garage door, shut it behind him, crawled into my car, and shut that door behind him, and hopped up into his car seat and strapped himself in. My windows were tinted pretty dark and during my initial search and rescue mission I just didn't see him in there and he stayed so quit while i was calling his name. sooooooo, that happened. and if something similar happened here, i could see it having lived thru it myself.

I have a Dr friend who during COVID drove 20 minutes to work in the Twin Cities during the summer and only when his vehicle warned him to check the back seat did he realize he had forgotten to drop his daughter off at daycare.

Unfortunately a teacher I know left her toddler in a rear facing car seat. She didn’t realize that her husband had put the kid in her old jalopy right before they both left for work. 😕

After that incident I don’t pass judgement unless I know the whole story. I’m not even going to read the story on this one. Awful situation.
Accidents do happen, but it's from carelessness. Hell, I crack my windows every single time just to keep the temp down and there isn't anyone in the car.

One thing I saw on the news is that it was a foster kid. Somehow that just makes everything worse. I don't want to think about what life must have had in store for that poor child.

Accidents do happen, but it's from carelessness. Hell, I crack my windows every single time just to keep the temp down and there isn't anyone in the car.

One thing I saw on the news is that it was a foster kid. Somehow that just makes everything worse. I don't want to think about what life must have had in store for that poor child.
Fatigue and distraction by other things including the damned cell phone can be factors. I’m not excusing it. The one case I talked about was just an awful case of miscommunication as both were scrambling to get to work. Both had rear facing car seats in their cars and the baby was asleep in the back of her car and she didn’t know it. 😕. It’s just heart breaking. They got all kinds of death threats and horrible social media attacks from people who didn’t know what actually happened. I don’t know how you go on with life after losing a child in that manner.

Fatigue and distraction by other things including the damned cell phone can be factors. I’m not excusing it. The one case I talked about was just an awful case of miscommunication as both were scrambling to get to work. Both had rear facing car seats in their cars and the baby was asleep in the back of her car and she didn’t know it. 😕. It’s just heart breaking. They got all kinds of death threats and horrible social media attacks from people who didn’t know what actually happened. I don’t know how you go on with life after losing a child in that manner.
Good post. I think it's useful for people to know that not all circumstances are the same. This just seems like an unspeakable tragedy. Did anyone serve jail time? Your example made me think of a different situation but probably pretty similar when Todd Heap accidentally backed over his three year old daughter. I've backed up extra slow since that story came out and it is so helpful when I see people extra cautious when backing out of their driveway. Rear sensors have been game changers in that regard as well.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Good post. I think it's useful for people to know that not all circumstances are the same. This just seems like an unspeakable tragedy. Did anyone serve jail time? Your example made me think of a different situation but probably pretty similar when Todd Heap accidentally backed over his three year old daughter. I've backed up extra slow since that story came out and it is so helpful when I see people extra cautious when backing out of their driveway. Rear sensors have been game changers in that regard as well.
The state AG’s office investigated it and didn’t charge her. Called it a tragic accident. People were horrible to her and her husband. Random strangers somehow got their phone numbers and were calling them. She was pregnant with her third child already when it happened with their first in preschool.

They didn’t publicly announce the funeral because of threats and over 500 people showed up to support the family.

I will pass judgment on that. We’re talking about the kind of unreal breakdown in simple communication and awareness that took their own child’s life. I would throw that right in with gross neglect without question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskers123456
Usually relatives handling the placement, but we'll have to wait to find out what the situation was exactly.
55.7% placed with relatives. I dealt with many, many non-relative out of home placements. It’s not unusual at all. Agree we don’t know the situation. I know the fact that this may have been a new placement and the person who was responsible may not have had a child as part of their daily routine could have resulted in this tragedy. I can’t stand to think of a child suffering in that car.

I will pass judgment on that. We’re talking about the kind of unreal breakdown in simple communication and awareness that took their own child’s life. I would throw that right in with gross neglect without question.
String em up. It’ll teach em a lesson. They’re forever punished already. I was surprised she didn’t commit suicide.

Terrible story. You'd think a 5 year old could unlock a door and get out of the car if they were too hot. Gotta be more to the story!

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT