ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha hotels with pool recommendations

Dec 18, 2017
We are looking into getting a hotel for my son's birthday as he wants to swim. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which hotel around Omaha has the best pool? Do any have an indoor heated pool? Not a necessity but would be nice!

We are looking into getting a hotel for my son's birthday as he wants to swim. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which hotel around Omaha has the best pool? Do any have an indoor heated pool? Not a necessity but would be nice!
Haven't been there in about three years, but we used to stay at the TownPlace Suites on 108th and Dodge when we came back to Omaha twice a year. They have an indoor heated pool. I don't know if it is the "best" hotel pool in Omaha, but we had the kids over to our hotel and they seemed to enjoy it.
9eb734ea-2e59-4855-bac0-6d6ca4d4a71d

I would NOT recommend the Holiday Inn downtown at 1420 Cuming Street. We stayed there during one trip to Nebraska. The hotel room was a dump, smelled heavily of cigarettes despite being a no smoking hotel, and the bed looked like an entire baseball team had been jumping on it. We actually had to review several other rooms before finding one that was less than thrashed.

It did have an indoor pool area that was fairly nice. But keep in mind once the sun goes down it is filled with drunk people making out. Why not go back to your room if you're going to frig your special lady friend in public?

• Haha
Reactions: resdog851
A few years ago I had the great opportunity to stay at the Comfort Inn at 72nd & I-80 because the cheap MF'ers with my son's baseball team wanted to find the cheapest place possible. I witnessed 4 dudes carry an unconscious woman through the crowded lobby and the off duty police security guard didn't blink an eye. I was afraid to look under the bed on the chance there might be a dead hooker under there. But there WAS a pool!

A few years ago I had the great opportunity to stay at the Comfort Inn at 72nd & I-80 because the cheap MF'ers with my son's baseball team wanted to find the cheapest place possible. I witnessed 4 dudes carry an unconscious woman through the crowded lobby and the off duty police security guard didn't blink an eye. I was afraid to look under the bed on the chance there might be a dead hooker under there. But there WAS a pool!
I took my nephew skiing and stayed in what I considered a substandard condo. He thought he had died and gone to heaven. He said all through high school his swim coach always booked them into ratholes and by comparison the shabby condo was like the Waldorf to him.

Reactions: mgbreis
Know nothing about this place other than it has a pool park......

Reactions: WHCSC
Reactions: Laner2
Know nothing about this place other than it has a pool park......

It's been torn down. Riff raff of Omaha liked to hang out there. From what I have heard you would see used condoms floating in the hot tub on the regular. Kansas City has the great wolf lodge which may be more expensive and further than your willing to go but if that's really what he wants to do that's probably your best bet.

Reactions: Laner2
So is this a recommendation?

I heard a rumor that Great Wolf might be building a waterpark in Gretna? Kind of surprised Lincoln/Omaha don’t have any decent indoor water park options. Wisconsin Dells would be my first choice if I was going to really do a water park right

Reactions: TheNewNU
Kimpton Cottonwood or Marriott Downtown. Both have great outdoor pools. Builds character 😁😁

Been there, done that. IMO, you get what you pay for. Not sure how old your son is, but might give some thought to having a pool party at one of the city’s community centers instead. Do the pool party first, then check in to a 3-star minimum hotel property. Order up some pizza and kiddos will be passed out by midnight. Good luck.

Hotel pools are a community acquired infection waiting to happen. Numerous times I’ve seen hotel hot tubs and pools with feces floating in them in the morning.
Yeah and you also thought masks would stop covid. Might wanna hold off on the boosters.

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewNU
Lol thanks for the info and the laughs! Wish we had a Kalahari here locally! Out of curiosity, is the non-pissed end marked and easy to find?

Never, ever stay at America's Best Value Inn. My stay was beyond laughable... Holes in walls and doors. A collector's jealous collection of fly bodies decorating the heater unit. Unfettered window access; perfect if you were looking for a sudden exit. An absolute dream for the nosey; if she so much as moans... your neighbors will be at your door....

It might not even be due to noise.

I remember when I was kid if parents knew one of your friends had a contagious disease like chicken pox, they sent you over to play.

We played outside in the dirt and swam in community pools. We seemed hardly ever sick. Never went to a doctor unless it was something bad. Funny that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems kids are sick all the time these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT