ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

200w.gif

Reactions: 8990 and Laner2
Why does everything have to be so gross now?
French culture is not for everyone. I don't particularly get it but after all the festivities it got pretty good reviews. Celine was pretty cool, but you would think there would be more French athletes with the torch

French culture is not for everyone. I don't particularly get it but after all the festivities it got pretty good reviews. Celine was pretty cool, but you would think there would be more French athletes with the torch
The entire production was just bizarre. A building full of decapitated Marie Antionette’s with a goth band playing in the background??? Me thinks France tried too hard….

You may know better than I, but is that French culture? I know they gave us Rousseau but come on.

Was there a ton of shit flowing down the Seine? Heard some protestors were going to possibly time dumping like a towns worth of bms in the Seine to flow into Paris during opening ceremonies

You may know better than I, but is that French culture? I know they gave us Rousseau but come on.

Was there a ton of shit flowing down the Seine? Heard some protestors were going to possibly time dumping like a towns worth of bms in the Seine to flow into Paris during opening ceremonies
I haven't spent too much time in Paris and when I did I really liked Versailles and all that came with it. The city was fine but I found the people to be rude and the food meh. Liberty, Equality, Fraternity is the country motto and apparently that's the theme of what was going on today with quite a bit of flare. I think I heard today that the Seine had some sort of high e-coli rating so any events cannot take place until the rating is lower. I'm sure the athletes are thrilled about that. It should be interesting to see how their closing ceremonies go and what LA has in store for 28

I’ve been to France a couple times. This was woke culture, not French culture.

Reactions: HBK4life and Lars72
Rumor is the new covid is being dumped in that river during this event to spread it worldwide through the attendees. Guess we'll see if that's accurate or if my acquaintance is on his crazy pills again.

Rumor is the new covid is being dumped in that river during this event to spread it worldwide through the attendees. Guess we'll see if that's accurate or if my acquaintance is on his crazy pills again.
Lol. Pretty sure there are easier ways then spreading a virus in a river. You could accomplish the same result at any number of places around the world on a daily basis. Starting with Vegas or Disney World.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Why . I am as pissed as you but the athletes had nothing to do with this . Enjoy the greatest spectacle in sports.

One reason would be that 99% of the olympic athletes condone this and they hate you. Have you heard any of them come out and disavow this? No.

Several prominent olympians already made it unlikely for many to watch by endorsing a particular political candidate. The opening ceremony seals the deal for a lot of people.

Maybe a question would be: why would you watch an event where almost everyone hates you?

One reason would be that 99% of the olympic athletes condone this and they hate you. Have you heard any of them come out and disavow this? No.

Several prominent olympians already made it unlikely for many to watch by endorsing a particular political candidate. The opening ceremony seals the deal for a lot of people.

Maybe a question would be: why would you watch an event where almost everyone hates you?
Might as well avoid all sports then if the athletes you are watching don't conform to your specific political views. No one hates you.

Reactions: HuskerJag
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT