ADVERTISEMENT

OL Depth Chart

definitely a good thing. Turner Corcoran was a top 50-60 player in the country as a recruit. You’d hope he’d push for playing time immediately when we have a few players struggling on the Oline. I love the idea of having Bryce Benhart as one tackle and Turner Corcoran as the other tackle for the next 3 years....:cool: GBR

definitely a good thing. Turner Corcoran was a top 50-60 player in the country as a recruit. You’d hope he’d push for playing time immediately when we have a few players struggling on the Oline. I love the idea of having Bryce Benhart as one tackle and Turner Corcoran as the other tackle for the next 3 years....:cool: GBR
Could also have Piper and Nouili at guards for the next three years and Jurgens at center the next two.

People ragging on Wilson, but I think the biggest ? mark there is Benhart. Really, really hope that he learned how to be physical during his redshirt year.

Good to hear about Corcoran. May see him on the other side if he truly is "emerging" as Austin says.

well yes, he’s a question mark as of now but that’s because he was a true freshman last year and a RS freshman this year. Being a player that ranked inside or just outside the Top 100, this is what you’d want to see happen when you have a few players struggling on the Oline.

I have no bones having a freshman starting at tackle. T Wirfs at Iowa has done, Brenden Jaimes with our Huskers and so on. There are plenty of teams that have RS freshman step in and starting on the oline. Now a true freshman, that’s a different story.

well yes, he’s a question mark as of now but that’s because he was a true freshman last year and a RS freshman this year. Being a player that ranked inside or just outside the Top 100, this is what you’d want to see happen when you have a few players struggling on the Oline.

I have no bones having a freshman starting at tackle. T Wirfs at Iowa has done, Brenden Jaimes with our Huskers and so on. There are plenty of teams that have RS freshman step in and starting on the oline. Now a true freshman, that’s a different story.

That's not my concern. Benhart is the biggest ? mark because of how he has played in the past. Very soft player despite his size. If that hasn't changed, I see Corcoran or Banks taking his spot ASAP.

People ragging on Wilson, but I think the biggest ? mark there is Benhart. Really, really hope that he learned how to be physical during his redshirt year.

Good to hear about Corcoran. May see him on the other side if he truly is "emerging" as Austin says.
Wilson was bad last year as a RS Jr. That is the most concerning and biggest question, I would think. Sure Benhart needed to add some size and may have some growing pains, but Wilson is a know quantity after 4 seasons how much better do we think he will be this year?

That's not my concern. Benhart is the biggest ? mark because of how he has played in the past. Very soft player despite his size. If that hasn't changed, I see Corcoran or Banks taking his spot ASAP.
How much playing time did he see as a true freshman? Spots in 4 games? Learning the offense, catching up to college football speed... why are you surprised he played soft at times?

Reactions: bigredhunter
How much playing time did he see as a true freshman? Spots in 4 games? Learning the offense, catching up to college football speed... why are you surprised he played soft at times?

Playing soft is not an experience thing by this point of your football career. It is a mentality issue. One that needs to be changed immediately or at 6'9" 300 you need to go play intramural basketball. Can't afford to put soft players on the field.

I’m sorry, I don’t see Benhart being soft at all. Needing to add some size, yes. He definitely needed to do that. It sounds like he was over 300 pounds last I heard. Outside that, I completely trust Austin here. He’s done nothing but improve our Oline and if he feels Benhart is ready, then the man is most definitely ready.

I’m sorry, I don’t see Benhart being soft at all. Needing to add some size, yes. He definitely needed to do that. It sounds like he was over 300 pounds last I heard. Outside that, I completely trust Austin here. He’s done nothing but improve our Oline and if he feels Benhart is ready, then the man is most definitely ready.

I have never seen any film of Benhart that suggests otherwise. Maybe you can find some? And maybe the light has come on for him and that is why Austin has stuck him in there at #1. Or maybe Austin knows somebody better is behind him and he wants to light a fire under that guy. I guess we will find out very shortly here! Just glad to be talking football again.

I have never seen any film of Benhart that suggests otherwise. Maybe you can find some? And maybe the light has come on for him and that is why Austin has stuck him in there at #1. Or maybe Austin knows somebody better is behind him and he wants to light a fire under that guy. I guess we will find out very shortly here! Just glad to be talking football again.

why would I find some film, dude barely played any last year. Why don’t you show us some film of him being “soft”. Dude has played minimal and definitely not enough to prove he is or isn’t, to be honest. But Frost and Austin are both high on him and that’s very telling in itself. They have plenty of options this year with Benhart, Banks, Corcoran and Gaylord. If he does struggle, Banks or Corcoran will be jumping him in a hurry. Just like Wilson at guard with Nouili.

Last edited:
Reactions: StinManSker
I like Banks at RT better than LT. If Benhart is good in pass pro this year I would like to see him shift to LT next year and have Banks play RT. Corcoran is a wildcard for me as I need to see him in action.

why would I find some film, dude barely played any last year. Why don’t you show us some film of him being “soft”. Dude has played minimal and definitely not enough to prove he is or isn’t, to be honest. But Frost and Austin are both high on him and that’s very telling in itself. They have plenty of options this year with Benhart, Banks, Corcoran and Gaylord. If he does struggle, Banks or Corcoran will be jumping him in a hurry. Just like Wilson at guard with Nouili.

Fire up the All-American game "highlights" of him. That's where I initially became concerned. Again, hope a year at this level helped him become more aggressive.

Fire up the All-American game "highlights" of him. That's where I initially became concerned. Again, hope a year at this level helped him become more aggressive.
I thought he drew rave reviews, from his performance at the All-American Bowl.

Reactions: huskerssalts

I have no clue what your seeing but you definitely have a different view then the rest of us and that’s including Austin, Lubick and Frost who see him every single day. But you don’t get ranked like he did, make the All American Bowl and now about to be starter as a RS freshman as a OT and doing all that while being “soft”. You are definitely by yourself on this one my man.

And 24/7 has him as there Top 121 player in the country.

Reactions: ATX Husker
I have no clue what your seeing but you definitely have a different view then the rest of us and that’s including Austin, Lubick and Frost who see him every single day. But you don’t get ranked like he did, make the All American Bowl and now about to be starter as a RS freshman as a OT and doing all that while being “soft”. You are definitely by yourself on this one my man.

And 24/7 has him as there Top 121 player in the country.

It's fine. Had plenty of people telling me Lamar wasn't soft either the past few years. It's just a question mark for me, doesn't mean it has to be for you.

I think a bit of a telling quote from the article in the LJS today:

“He’s just got to use his abilities,” Jurgens said. “He’s very talented. He’s going to be a great player. He just needs to be confident and go hard with everything he does. He plays hard, he’s going to be a great player. He’s got all the tools, all the ability and we’re seeing some things out of him.”

I underlined the key part. Looking at his body type, I believe the same as well. High ceiling for sure.

Fair enough. Hope you’re wrong.

lol he’s most definitely wrong. Updates from the all American bowl is not just about subscriptions. They have no bones saying who’s doing good and who’s doing bad. Benhart did good at the All American Bowl. You remember correctly. They even had him going up against 5 star OLB/DEs that ranked in the Top 10 in the country and he was still holding his own. Again, I trust Austin here, he sees these guys in person and in practices. I don’t see him starting a RS freshman OT if he’s indeed “soft”. That would make him look rather stupid lol.

Last edited:
if he has the footwork will definitely be hard to move out of there!

i see what Suhrreal is talking about now. Bryce Benhart was kind a beat by this guy a few times in 1 v 1 during the ol vs dl part of the All American Bowl practices.

But being kind of beat by this guy isn’t exactly bad and I’d argue that he wasn’t even actually beat. He kept the defender between himself and the QB. The guy just worked him back to the QB over 3-4 seconds. There is no shame on Holding your own and/or kind of getting beat a few times to the number 1 player in the country (he’s got the number 1 ranked composite rating via 24/7) and possibly a future Top 5 draft pick or better. Getting beat by a 3 star or even a regular 4 star, then I’d agree. But getting kind of beat by this guy...different ball of wax.

i see what Suhrreal is talking about now. Bryce Benhart was kind a beat by this guy a few times in 1 v 1 during the ol vs dl part of the All American Bowl practices.

But being kind of beat by this guy isn’t exactly bad and I’d argue that he wasn’t even actually beat. He kept the defender between himself and the QB. The guy just worked him back to the QB over 3-4 seconds. There is no shame on Holding your own and/or kind of getting beat a few times to the number 1 player in the country (he’s got the number 1 ranked composite rating via 24/7) and possibly a future Top 5 draft pick or better. Getting beat by a 3 star or even a regular 4 star, then I’d agree. But getting kind of beat by this guy...different ball of wax.

great little write up. certainly more than happy if he takes over rt and never lets go. for me just seems to be an air about corcoran. this is great entertainment for sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT