ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Tickets Available

TFrazier

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 8, 2001
For whatever reason tickets for the OU football game are available on the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Department website. I just purchased tickets. I will probably be in/near an OU section but at least in the game.

For whatever reason tickets for the OU football game are available on the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Department website. I just purchased tickets. I will probably be in/near an OU section but at least in the game.
Dang

It is weird to think that you can buy tickets for the OU game.

When I was in college, mid 90's, I sold my student ticket to the OU game for like 100 or 125 dollars. The entire student ticket package cost like 75 dollars at that time.

Reactions: dpnavy
yea, my frosh student home games ticket was $49 for all 7 games, first one was Bobby & Florida State & 128 degrees on the turf, a 17-13 loss, last real home opening loss, before all the garbage & BS of same Bobby's boy running away.

Reading the website on this - it is a request only game. You submit your request and method of payment and then if tickets become available they will charge your card and send you the e-tickets. So there's no guarantee you're going to get tickets.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Reading the website on this - it is a request only game. You submit your request and method of payment and then if tickets become available they will charge your card and send you the e-tickets. So there's no guarantee you're going to get tickets.

I just checked the website and you are correct. However, I bought tickets when it was not showing request only. There was an actual section, row, seat numbers. Then I started the thread.

The purchase is showing in my huskers.com account with seat location etc…and on credit card so the ticket office must have closed the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
I just checked the website and you are correct. However, I bought tickets when it was not showing request only. There was an actual section, row, seat numbers. Then I started the thread.
Mine was the same way, they were actual seats at time of purchase. I remember very vividly the seats in question were 36B, way at the top....so yeah $150 + fees for those, no thanks.

yea, my frosh student home games ticket was $49 for all 7 games, first one was Bobby & Florida State & 128 degrees on the turf, a 17-13 loss, last real home opening loss, before all the garbage & BS of same Bobby's boy running away.
That was my first game as a UNL freshman too. A girl showed me her boobs in the fourth quarter so that softened the disappointing loss a bit.

Mine was the same way, they were actual seats at time of purchase. I remember very vividly the seats in question were 36B, way at the top....so yeah $150 + fees for those, no thanks.

Thankfully my seats are not at the top. I would not have paid that price for row 99.

My seats are in the west stadium in section 28, where I've been for 30 years now. I wouldn't pay $150 for tickets to this game and certainly not $450 for tickets to the OU/Texas game. The fact that NU even had single game tickets to sell for this game only seven or so weeks prior to the game is really telling about the ticket situation in Lincoln and the effect multiple years of losing records is having on Husker Football.

Received the game tickets today from the Nebraska ticket office in an email. Winking

I see the ticket office now has a mini plan that includes the Oklahoma game.

Last edited:
It's a combination of a lot of things. Clearly losing has taken it's toll on the fan base. We're human. But ticket prices have badly outpaced the cost of inflation. Parking costs now exceed what tickets used to cost. Every game is now on tv, and we have big screens with 4k pictures. Plus there are booster club fees and coaches who make more than all but the biggest CEO's. Baseball continues to lose 1% a year in attendance numbers and keeps raising prices. Idiots. Only NFL football is immune and that's because they only have 8-10 games per year and are in large cities with large fan bases, and in many cases they have downsized their stadiums as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT