ADVERTISEMENT

Okay let's be realistic here

Ziegenbeiner

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2012
Yes I'm extremely disappointed in that first half but I don't see any reason to assume the sky is falling. Here are a couple things to keep in mind... this game is not over and it should be closer than the score indicates.

• If we get that penalty for the dirty hit it extends our drive and leads to points.
  • If that ghost hands to the face penalty on Kevin Maurice doesn't happen, BYU doesn't score a touchdown.
  • We gave them a touchdown by fumbling on our own 25.
  • BYU doesn't have a turnover yet, they will by the end of the game.
  • We were going into the wind in that second quarter and that really hurt Tommy's passing. The wind is going to be a bigger factor for this offense than ones past.
  • We get to go with the wind in the 3rd quarter (Right? or is it 4th? Either way we get another quarter of with-the-wind).
  • We get the ball to start the 2nd half.
  • Someone pointed out a stat that at OSU Riley consistently won the 3rd quarter which means he made good halftime adjustments.
  • Our tackling is good, we just need to work on a few coverage busts.

We are a couple of calls and a dropped hand off from probably being up in this game heading into the half. All of these mistakes are correctable and I expect the 2nd half to look much better.

Reactions: bankerman607
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.