ADVERTISEMENT

Ok fellow Broncos fans...

sloth316

Senior
Jun 24, 2002
barring a miracle, the 2016 season is already in the rear view mirror, so move along to '17...with a team that is still primarily built to "win now" but lacking a few key pieces, if you're Elway, do you:

A) draft and acquire as many quality OL & DL as you can

B) trade for Romo

C) ask Kubs to move along

D) none of the above

The Christmas Night game with the Chefs will be our Super Bowl...I hope we ruin it for them

CJ was putting together a decent year and Booker was running really well coming in for relief...if CJ is healthy, he's a competent back

Broncos need O-Line help in the worst way. Everything starts there. As for Siemian, I think he's a good QB who's still learning the NFL. If he had the kind of talent around him on offense that John Elway had his last two years, he would be pro bowl material.

I think Demaryius Thomas is going to have to be traded to shore up cash for the O-Line, and the defense could see some re-arranging as well. The Broncos are not terrible, they've had shots to win some of the games they've lost, but the lack of fire power and running on offense leaves the defense with too much responsibility to win all the games.

They need to get Romo, and Romo needs the Bronco's. It's in everyone's best interest to make this happen and with the way Jerrah feel about Romo, I think he will do him a solid here, especially since their in different conferences. Look for this to happen, and Romo is being pure class about the current situation, which helps make this possible.

I could see Elway acquiring Romo if the price is right. I don't think he'll back up the truck with draft picks, but that trade could happen. Siemian is far from the Broncos' biggest problem, but he's not necessarily the long-term answer at QB either. Regardless of who Denver's QB is next year, they need to fix their dog crap offensive line if they want to get back to the playoffs.

O-Line for sure. Start there.

Word has it that Aaron Rodgers is not a happy camper up in Green Bay. So maybe Mr. Rodgers would like to relocate to different neighborhood in Denver. Just maybe. Juuuust maybe.

Reactions: HuskerRick
O-Line for sure. Start there.

Word has it that Aaron Rodgers is not a happy camper up in Green Bay. So maybe Mr. Rodgers would like to relocate to different neighborhood in Denver. Just maybe. Juuuust maybe.

Rogers is kind of a douchebag that probably isn't going to be happy anywhere. Look for his coach to get canned, long before Green Bay lets Rogers get away.

The offensive line is the problem. Okung and Stephenson both stink. Both of them get knocked off the ball consistently by defensive ends, and neither of them can run block. Overhaul the offensive line and I think the offense would be alright. The Broncos don't need Romo. The Broncos need offensive linemen that can pass protect and run block.

I agree that Elway needs to work his magic with the "OFFENSIVE" line.

They need to get Romo, and Romo needs the Bronco's. It's in everyone's best interest to make this happen and with the way Jerrah feel about Romo, I think he will do him a solid here, especially since their in different conferences. Look for this to happen, and Romo is being pure class about the current situation, which helps make this possible.
Romo has a lot of injury issues over the last few seasons. If The Boss of Denver can pick him up for a song and some cash it would be a great deal but I don't think the Bronco future is well spent for Tony Romo.

Romo has a lot of injury issues over the last few seasons. If The Boss of Denver can pick him up for a song and some cash it would be a great deal but I don't think the Bronco future is well spent for Tony Romo.

Honestly, as a Chief's fan, I hope we get him. Upgrade for us. He'll start next season 100 percent and ready to go. I'd roll the dice, best option out there.

Offensive Line are priorities 1 through 10. Had we had a decent OL we could have won a SB this year.

There is a lot of love for Romo here....37 years old and missed, what 20 games the past 2 years due to injury? If that's your savior you are absolutely fooling yourself....

barring a miracle, the 2016 season is already in the rear view mirror, so move along to '17...with a team that is still primarily built to "win now" but lacking a few key pieces, if you're Elway, do you:

A) draft and acquire as many quality OL & DL as you can

B) trade for Romo

C) ask Kubs to move along

D) none of the above

The Christmas Night game with the Chefs will be our Super Bowl...I hope we ruin it for them
OL and TE. TE is so important in Kubs offense. Great draft for TE.

Last year was the worst OL to ever win a SB. I never thought it could get worse. It's close.

There is a lot of love for Romo here....37 years old and missed, what 20 games the past 2 years due to injury? If that's your savior you are absolutely fooling yourself....

Alex Smith ain't bringing home any trophies anytime soon. He's an upgrade for us. Glass half full guy would say he should be plenty rested and 100% next year. Bring in Romo, draft your next prospect, and let him sit for 2 years. I agree he's no Tom Brady, but Brady isn't available.

I just found this for Alex Smith's contract though, so it probably isn't going t happen unless Romo is willing to sign for virtually zero..."Alex Smith signed a 4 year, $68,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $18,000,000 signing bonus, $45,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,000,000. In 2016, Smith will earn a base salary of $14,100,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000. Smith has a cap hit of $17,800,000 while his dead money value is $25,000,000 UFA in 2019"

Told the wife they weren't making the playoffs at halftime of the Chiefs game.
A all day although a trade for Romo if done right does not have to remove the OL/DL priority.

Well there's a lot of wiggle room between "savior" and "slightly better stopgap than Trevor Siemian." And if Elway thinks Romo is the latter, and that Siemian isn't his long-term QB, he might make that trade. I'm not saying it's a great idea or that it's the move that would get the Broncos back to the Super Bowl - only that I could see it happening.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
OL and TE. TE is so important in Kubs offense. Great draft for TE.

Last year was the worst OL to ever win a SB. I never thought it could get worse. It's close.

The o-line of last year for the Broncos was bad, this year's version is worse in my opinion. I also agree that the Broncos need a TE that can block and catch passes.

Alex Smith ain't bringing home any trophies anytime soon. He's an upgrade for us. Glass half full guy would say he should be plenty rested and 100% next year. Bring in Romo, draft your next prospect, and let him sit for 2 years. I agree he's no Tom Brady, but Brady isn't available.

I just found this for Alex Smith's contract though, so it probably isn't going t happen unless Romo is willing to sign for virtually zero..."Alex Smith signed a 4 year, $68,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $18,000,000 signing bonus, $45,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,000,000. In 2016, Smith will earn a base salary of $14,100,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000. Smith has a cap hit of $17,800,000 while his dead money value is $25,000,000 UFA in 2019"

I am a Chiefs guy who actually has a lot of respect for Romo but I think he is done as a starter in the NFL. I don't see how a team especially one with the Super Bowl as a goal could bet on him getting through a season healthy. He might still have a moment where he comes on in relief and wins a game but as a 16 game starter....I am not seeing it.

And I say that fully realizing that Alex Smith has to be better....AND realizing that Cousins is going to stay in Washington instead of going to Kansas City and winning a couple of Super Bowls.

The o-line of last year for the Broncos was bad, this year's version is worse in my opinion. I also agree that the Broncos need a TE that can block and catch passes.
I'd add a true number 3. I feel like there's depth at WR but no game changer or reliable source.

Sounds familiar to Neb WR. Best ever?!?! According to who?

I am a Chiefs guy who actually has a lot of respect for Romo but I think he is done as a starter in the NFL. I don't see how a team especially one with the Super Bowl as a goal could bet on him getting through a season healthy. He might still have a moment where he comes on in relief and wins a game but as a 16 game starter....I am not seeing it.

And I say that fully realizing that Alex Smith has to be better....AND realizing that Cousins is going to stay in Washington instead of going to Kansas City and winning a couple of Super Bowls.

Gladly give Kansas City either Romo or Cousins both won't take any team to playoff past one game, two at the very best. Cousins is too mistake prone and doesn't have what it takes to be a championship leader. Romo is another injury waiting to happen, he needs a steel cage to perform any miracles.
Denver needs to stop with the penalties during big plays, that killed more drives and TDs, than their Offensive line..

Round 1: OL
Round 2: TE
Round 3: RB
Round 4: Romo trade
Rome is another injury waiting with a bad line use free agency and 1st round to fix that and maybe Romo helps us otherwise it is another season ending injury.

I agree with the first 3 rounds, but in round 4 no way I would trade for Romo. Get another offensive lineman at 4 or get a defensive lineman. Need to keep all of our picks this year in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT