ADVERTISEMENT

Ohtani hit 14 home runs in June

Reminds me that Sammy hit 20 in June of 98.

Ohtani is nuts though. Wonder how long he can do this.
Crazy to think about for sure.. I read somewhere the other day that someone asked a front office exec about 11yrs $550million and they responded it'd be much higher than that. Someone is going to take a huge risk, but the fact he's a swiss army knife will help.

Reactions: king_kong_
I think he’d get 8 yrs, 500mil

Something like that. And it will be the Dodgers.

His free agency will be wild. No precedent to slot him.

Top of the rotation starter and one of the best hitters in the game

Scherzer 58 million per year
Judge 40

His is much more valuable than either of those guys - even if both were actually playing

Crazy to think about for sure.. I read somewhere the other day that someone asked a front office exec about 11yrs $550million and they responded it'd be much higher than that. Someone is going to take a huge risk, but the fact he's a swiss army knife will help.

I think he’d get 8 yrs, 500mil

Something like that. And it will be the Dodgers.
It is legit going to be insane and fun to watch what kind of money he gets.

Hard to argue with the idea he'll collect two salaries.

ni
His free agency will be wild. No precedent to slot him.

Top of the rotation starter and one of the best hitters in the game

Scherzer 58 million per year
Judge 40

His is much more valuable than either of those guys - even if both were actually playing
Prediction:

If Judge comes back soon and stays healthy, he'll win the HR title. Ohtani will start slowing down as the season progresses simply due to fatigue.

Just hope he doesn't end up with the Dodgers. Even Pittsburgh or Detroit would be better. I'm tired of the Dodgers throwing big money and having zero to show for it but a bubble "title"

Reactions: sklarbodds
Just hope he doesn't end up with the Dodgers. Even Pittsburgh or Detroit would be better. I'm tired of the Dodgers throwing big money and having zero to show for it but a bubble "title"
He will command more per year than the entire Pirate active payroll and about 2/3 of the Tigers payroll.
Medium to low payroll teams won’t be in the mix

There’s only maybe 4 teams, if that, that will shell out 500+mil. He will be a Dodger.

If parents/coaches had not freaked about about their kid playing one position and one position only, would see more of this stuff.

Face it, every MLB pitcher was more than likely the best baseball player on every team they were on growing up, they were probably also the best FB player, basketball player and so on...

But of course YOU MUST SPECIALIZE!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT