ADVERTISEMENT

Ohtani, anyone folloing this?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
He's making the Angels look brilliant so far. Weird how the regular season is playing out for him when you look at what he did (or in this case didn't) accomplish in the pre season. I'm rooting for him, I do love me some interesting in a baseball season that is way to long IMO.

Yeah he's looking great so far. I'm a Tribe fan but I'm rooting for LAA this year; baseball needs Trout in the post season.

I think he will fall off a bit as the season goes on, but it has been cool to see what he's done so far.

I've followed him for a few years. I think he will end up being a full time position player down the road. He's a slugger who can throw hard. But dudes who throw that hard usually run into arm problems.

people will adjust to him. how he handles that will be the key

That’s actually an interesting point because the scouting report on him this spring was spot on. Heavy dose of curve balls and throwing him inside. But the LAA coaches tweaked his swing amazingly. They dropped his kick swing and moved to a toe tap. He’s said that has made the world of difference. He can now see the inside stuff and the movement. So IMO he’s already proven somewhat that he can adjust. I think he’s the real deal.

The real question is can he handle the pressure of being one of the most famous sports athletes in the world and dealing with the press every night. Also, how much of a toll to his body will pitching and hitting against the best talent during a long season have.

I've followed him for a few years. I think he will end up being a full time position player down the road. He's a slugger who can throw hard. But dudes who throw that hard usually run into arm problems.

The advancement in Tommy John surgery has brought some of these pitchers back to be even better than they had been pre-surgery.

Cold take

what will be interesting is what the Angels will do come late summer when he has a sore arm or elbow soreness. Will they stop pitching him and let him hit full time or will they take him off from hitting to focus on his arm and do the physical therapy that all pitchers do when they get sore arms.

I hope he succeeds. I think the kid is a class act and hope he turns the sport into what it once was.

Reactions: spinner4
Tons of pressure....terrible spring.....domination. Pretty shocking thus far. That said, the dust will settle and the proper adjustments will be made by the rest of MLB and we will see where he is at in a month or 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT