ADVERTISEMENT

Ohiost Fires Hoops Coach

With the amount of money that athletic department makes, they should be better. Holtmann couldn't ever get past the 2nd round. Will they bring back Thad Matta?

Reactions: king_kong_
Not sure if Matta would want to go back but maybe?

Nate Oates will be the hot name.

Not sure if Matta would want to go back but maybe?

Nate Oates will be the hot name.
I think they go after Dusty May from FAU, but Oates could get the first call.

I assumed Holtmann would be shown the door at the end of the season, but canning him now is a bit surprising.

Reactions: king_kong_
Miller and Oates are the top 2 by far.

Mac should not have made up the story that he was offered the job and turned them down a few years back, he will not be in the mix unless they have a new AD???

Porter HATES norman and wants back to that midwest area sooooo bad. Dude will even work around his buyout.

I assumed Holtmann would be shown the door at the end of the season, but canning him now is a bit surprising.
I wonder if they did it now to get out ahead of the Oates sweepstakes.

Michigan is canning Howard and their first choice would be Oates. Dude is from that area I think.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Does May have some weird ties to Indiana? There seems to be talk of him ending up there.

In the end. I think the Hoosier can Woodson and give Chris Beard a blank check.

Now, if Mac leaves (him and the President and new AD are not great friends, from what I have heard) then Porter would take the jays job.

Does May have some weird ties to Indiana? There seems to be talk of him ending up there.

In the end. I think the Hoosier can Woodson and give Chris Beard a blank check.
he got his coaching start at IU under Bob Knight

May? I did not know that.

Lord knows those incestuous hoosier fans NEED that connection back to Knight.
yep.

he's from indiana and went to IU. was a student manager for 4 years.

can't imagine a fanbase wanting to hire someone connected to their most legendary coach.

Ville job is the one that causes some issues for other schools.

Also depends what happens at UNC, they are starting to lose games they shouldn't and a quick exit during MM...that might mean that call to Oates as well.

yep.

he's from indiana and went to IU. was a student manager for 4 years.

can't imagine a fanbase wanting to hire someone connected to their most legendary coach.
They NEED it, they don't just want it. Their NIL is huge and will only get bigger with a tie to Knight.

But their coaching search was soooo. botched last time that for them it would have to be May or Beard this time. I know Woodson played for Knight but he was an NBA dude.

With the amount of money that athletic department makes, they should be better. Holtmann couldn't ever get past the 2nd round. Will they bring back Thad Matta?
1st question - how is Matta's health? I know his health was suffering when OSU parted ways with him 7 or 8 years ago. Seems to have it rolling again at Butler

They NEED it, they don't just want it. Their NIL is huge and will only get bigger with a tie to Knight.

But their coaching search was soooo. botched last time that for them it would have to be May or Beard this time. I know Woodson played for Knight but he was an NBA dude.
yea. really cannot imagine a fanbase needing something like that.

unrelated - I wonder if Knight would be breaking down film for the staff if were still alive?

yea. really cannot imagine a fanbase needing something like that.

unrelated - I wonder if Knight would be breaking down film for the staff if were still alive?
Man, he hated IU so much after he left...I could see him breaking the TV's in the film room...does that count?

He did seem to soften a bit at the end.

Man, he hated IU so much after he left...I could see him breaking the TV's in the film room...does that count?

He did seem to soften a bit at the end.
still wracking my brain to understand what could possibly drive an entire fanbase to yearn for any and all connected to their most legendary coach

so weird!

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Don't think it will happen, but it would be crazy if OSU poached Mick Cronin right after pulling Chip Kelly from the Bruins' football program. Wouldn't exactly make for a grand entrance to the Big Ten for UCLA Athletics.

• Haha
Reactions: V-Doub and BTF69
still wracking my brain to understand what could possibly drive an entire fanbase to yearn for any and all connected to their most legendary coach

so weird!
Sometimes it works!

Sometimes you get Woodson...

Or Frost

Now, if Mac leaves (him and the President and new AD are not great friends, from what I have heard) then Porter would take the jays job.

Darian DeVries will be the next Creighton coach, unless Iowa hires him first.

I read an article on their NIL foundations-groups and it's staggering especially with their fan donations. I believe one of their NIL groups - called The Foundation - raised over $1 million in just one week solely from fan donations and it's just one of a few NIL organizations. Those whackos are ate up with their Buckeyes

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
That;s right....Knight only got part way...shot a man, strangled another...
I completely forgot about Knight going full Sack in Wedding Crashers 🤣

zN1Ukb.gif

Miller and Oates are the top 2 by far.

Mac should not have made up the story that he was offered the job and turned them down a few years back, he will not be in the mix unless they have a new AD???

Porter HATES norman and wants back to that midwest area sooooo bad. Dude will even work around his buyout.
Where did you get the whole Mac thing? He was definitely up for the job and Mac was definitely a better choice than Holtmann so how far fetched could it have been that he was offered the job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT