Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
1992 - NU vs. CU - Fans wanted blood
1994 - NU vs. CU - That Nebraska Colorado rivalry
2001 - NU vs. OU - Entire game was loud, but when Stuntz hit Crouch wow
2014 - NU vs. Miami - Pure hatred of that Miami team. Super duper loud
2016 - NU vs. Oregon 4th Quarter

2014 - NFC Championship - Packers vs. Seattle Century Link - That is just a loud stadium

2018 - Champions League Semi - Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich in Munich. Wowsa. That was pretty damn loud before the game kicked off. Wild atmosphere.

Reactions: king_kong_
2006 - NU vs Texas - From sonic boom after Marlon Lucky hit Nate Swift on a halfback option as the snow began to fall to deafening silence when that coward Terrance Nunn fumbled

the General Zac Taylor deserved a better outcome in this one

2006 - NU vs Texas - From sonic boom after Marlon Lucky hit Nate Swift on a halfback option as the snow began to fall to deafening silence when that coward Terrance Nunn fumbled

the General Zac Taylor deserved a better outcome in this one

Yeah, was at that one too, I don't remember it being that loud but was also really hammered.

That's the one I would have said. The stands were shaking.

I was just gonna say, the Terrence Nunn game was pretty damn loud.
also a very early swinging doors moment in NU Football history, considering where we've gone since that fumble happened

also also it was officially a "Blackout", so all of us in the student section were black-clad. I'm not sure if the university still does game themes like that, but it was pretty sweet that day

Reactions: mgbreis
also a very early swinging doors moment in NU Football history, considering where we've gone since that fumble happened

also also it was officially a "Blackout", so all of us in the student section were black-clad. I'm not sure if the university still does game themes like that, but it was pretty sweet that day
I was also at the Texas Tech game in '05 that we would've won if Le Kevin Smith had simply fallen down after his interception. Those were the only games I went to those two years and I was like, HOW THE HELL CAN THIS HAPPEN TWICE?!?

In 1992, when Al Unser Jr. held off Scott Goodyear to win the Indy 500 a couple years after he was taken out by Emerson Fittipaldi in the final laps, it was deafening as the 350,000+ were going crazy.

1992 - NU vs. CU - Fans wanted blood
1994 - NU vs. CU - That Nebraska Colorado rivalry
2001 - NU vs. OU - Entire game was loud, but when Stuntz hit Crouch wow
2014 - NU vs. Miami - Pure hatred of that Miami team. Super duper loud
2016 - NU vs. Oregon 4th Quarter

2014 - NFC Championship - Packers vs. Seattle Century Link - That is just a loud stadium

2018 - Champions League Semi - Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich in Munich. Wowsa. That was pretty damn loud before the game kicked off. Wild atmosphere.
My twin daughters 6-year-old team (can’t remember the opponent's name). Sat WAY to close to their mother. She was LOUD! Learned to scoot over a bit the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I've been wondering about the Arrowhead noise topic today. I have no beef with the decibel record and them saying they're the loudest stadium in the world. But I was wondering, does anyone have experience there and can compare to college stadiums? I get the architecture of their stadium keeps noise in. However, wouldn't a similar stadium like Kyle Field that has 35% more fans be even louder at times?

We were playing against Texas in a basketball game at the Super Drum.

Had to use hand signals.
1978 Oklahoma and it's not close. From start to finish it was insane, as loud as the aftermath of Henery's field goal vs. Colorado but for four full quarters. 1992 Kansas and 1992 Colorado were crazy loud too, but nothing comes close to '78 OU

The ABSOLUTE loudest was Allen Fieldhouse....KU vs. Ohio State...the crowd WILLED KU back to a win...it was so loud that my wife began to cry from the intensity....they were happy tears as she is a Jayhawk hoops fan...

1978 Oklahoma and it's not close. From start to finish it was insane, as loud as the aftermath of Henery's field goal vs. Colorado but for four full quarters. 1992 Kansas and 1992 Colorado were crazy loud too, but nothing comes close to '78 OU
ACTUALLY AGREE....South endzone when Billy Sims fumbled...I'm just NOW getting my hearing back...:)

1986 NU vs OU. All red uniforms. Even the old folks stayed on their feet for that game.

But '78 OU must have been crazy too. I only saw that on TV. One of the hardest hitting football games I've seen.

The September 10, 2010 between the New York Yankees and the Texas Rangers was the loudest game I ever attended. My ears were hurting really bad by the 8th. I had to grab my nephew's hands to stop him from making noise. It was nuts. 46K in attendance to witness Nelson Cruz wallop a walk off homer in the 13th! Freaking sweet!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/game/_/gameId/300910113

NU vs CU in 1992

The most incredible stadium experience ever was NU vs CU in 1986. It was my first game attended for college or pros, and I doubt it will ever be matched. It’s just rare for a 17 year losing streak against your hated rival to end, and after redlining the game for your team and fan base beforehand. Goalposts carried around campus. But, it was CU with a small stadium so it was not the loudest.

NU vs CU in 1992

The most incredible stadium experience ever was NU vs CU in 1986. It was my first game attended for college or pros, and I doubt it will ever be matched. It’s just rare for a 17 year losing streak against your hated rival to end, and after redlining the game for your team and fan base beforehand. Goalposts carried around campus. But, it was CU with a small stadium so it was not the loudest.
I was at that 1986 Colorado game the whole field was full of buff fans as they tore the goal posts down.
My father and I came on a tour bus and as we walked back to it we were ridiculed with hand gestures and vulgar language..

Been to Boulder numerous times including the 1995 win but the 1986 game I’ll never forget how long they endured losing to Nebraska for 17 seasons it was epic..

Reactions: GaRed
Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals in 1981 between the Islanders and the Minnesota North Stars. It was so warm we were able to tailgate prior to the game.

The ABSOLUTE loudest was Allen Fieldhouse....KU vs. Ohio State...the crowd WILLED KU back to a win...it was so loud that my wife began to cry from the intensity....they were happy tears as she is a Jayhawk hoops fan...
I've been to many big games in Allen. It is the loudest indoor by far.

I was at most of the Husker games listed, and they were in my opinion loud. 78 OU game was really intense. But my vote for my loudest goes to NU/CU game in 94. Big game, big names on both teams. The biggest difference in this game versus 78 NU OU was the use of HuskerVision. That was a new experience to college football, and we had it rocking that game. From the Tunnel Walk through the entire game. Things got real that day.

#mytwocents

Neb V OU 1991

Calvin Jones bursts through the middle and with a unintended block from the ref it’s game over.

Place went bonkers.

anytime we played kapaun mt carmel in our old gym in Wichita. lost my voice for a month my jr year.
‘83 shocks vs tulsa henry leavitt.
‘86 ou game.
‘08 swifts punt return v. va tech - loudest moment I’ve experienced at a game.

anytime we played kapaun mt carmel in our old gym in Wichita. lost my voice for a month my jr year.
‘83 shocks vs tulsa henry leavitt.
‘86 ou game.
‘08 swifts punt return v. va tech - loudest moment I’ve experienced at a game.
I forgot!!! 1980 WSU/ Iowa in the Roundhouse… Shockers down double digits, came back to win… lute Olson called a timeout at the end he did not have…
THAT was loud!!!

Reactions: tpmcg
I've been to a bunch of football games in Memorial Stadium, none of them would be considered among the loudest there. All of them significantly louder than any NFL game I've been to, including multiple at Arrowhead.

1978 NU-OU
2008 NU-CU after Henery kick, Suh int.
1994 NU-CU
2015? NU-UW bball no sit Sunday
2009? NU-OU no sit Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT