ADVERTISEMENT

Officiating

Clemke32

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 29, 2017
Hands down one of the worst officiating jobs I have ever witnessed.

Final tally for penalties

Illini - 3 for 20
NEB- 9 for 89

I know it can be hard to catch penalties in action, but there’s no excuses for missing an offensive pass interference in the end zone or a late hit right in from of your face.

I hope HCMR calls that out and eats the fine.

Whatever

We just got beat by a pretty pedestrian team that we handled last year by running the football

Blaming the refs is for losers

There’s blaming the refs then there’s watching what was going on. We got out coached, but you can not argue those stats, and yes it is hard to beat the zebras too… hands down I believe we win an even called game.

Now we had our chance and Dylan’s missed pass at the end killed us. But again game film does not lie, and that works for the zebras… I’d love PFF to start grading refs like they grade players let’s see how they do!

Ignored PI in the end zone on Neyor
Blatant push off by their WR on long catch
Ignored block in the back on a long punt return
Phantom PI on Wright on 3rd down stop
Fourth down stop, just given a first down.

On and on and on. We should have still won the game, but it shouldn’t be a given we have to over come shitty biased B1G officials to win a conference game.

There’s blaming the refs then there’s watching what was going on. We got out coached, but you can not argue those stats, and yes it is hard to beat the zebras too… hands down I believe we win an even called game.

Now we had our chance and Dylan’s missed pass at the end killed us. But again game film does not lie, and that works for the zebras… I’d love PFF to start grading refs like they grade players let’s see how they do!
Loser talk

Sad

Nebraska deserved many of those penalties. The only head scratcher was the defensive holding that extended their drive.

The team was sloppy and weak. Rhule confuses me with his late game time outs.

We are not a good team. But we are better than last year. IL deserved the win

I did find it funny how out player punching at the ball was unnecessary roughness, but their player coming in and punching our ball carrier out of bounds on the 2nd to last play is all good. Right in front of the official.

We didn't play well enough to win, but that proper call could have been a game changer.

Nebraska deserved many of those penalties. The only head scratcher was the defensive holding that extended their drive.

The team was sloppy and weak. Rhule confuses me with his late game time outs.

We are not a good team. But we are better than last year. IL deserved the win
Think we can get to 6 wins? Based on tonight’s performance, I don’t. We have chance with Purdue and UCLA, rest will blast us.

Reactions: ssmill777
Think we can get to 6 wins? Based on tonight’s performance, I don’t. We have chance with Purdue and UCLA, rest will blast us.
Sure we can. IL has a decent team. I think Nebraska has 4-5 losses.

Yeah, refs didn’t lose that game for us. Didn’t get some of the bounces, but the personal fouls were all legit. Let’s get back to work. This squad isn’t a Frost squad. I know you guys see it, but don’t want to believe it.

We're never going to get the calls in this league. Just the way it is if you're not one of the original teams.

Living in Pennsylvania I've watched plenty of Penn State over the years. They've been in the Big 10 for 20 more years than us and still seem to get hosed by officiating more than they should.

All I can say is keep getting better so we don't have the opportunity to get hosed so often. That said the officiating sucked tonight.

I am calling out the crap

It mostly is covered in stubble wearing a hat like a toddler on our sideline
Look I can agree this wasn’t the best called game by HCMR, and our d played like dog 💩. We were still in position to win and all faucets of the game crapped their pants.
With that said it was still a piss poor job by the zebras tonight, too many one sided calls and no calls. Granded our D deserved a lot of what was called, but the Illini deserved a lot more that wasn’t called… if you’re going to call things call them both ways.

Fvck that shit. The defense played terrible and in crunch time the offense and special teams shit the bed.

Honestly, just a terrible defensive performance.
For sure. But they got affected directly by the refs in ways that weren't enforced against IL.

Reactions: headcard
Look I can agree this wasn’t the best called game by HCMR, and our d played like dog 💩. We were still in position to win and all faucets of the game crapped their pants.
With that said it was still a piss poor job by the zebras tonight, too many one sided calls and no calls. Granded our D deserved a lot of what was called, but the Illini deserved a lot more that wasn’t called… if you’re going to call things call them both ways.
We were lucky ILL sucks ass or that could’ve gotten ugly

Ignored PI in the end zone on Neyor
Blatant push off by their WR on long catch
Ignored block in the back on a long punt return
Phantom PI on Wright on 3rd down stop
Fourth down stop, just given a first down.

On and on and on. We should have still won the game, but it shouldn’t be a given we have to over come shitty biased B1G officials to win a conference game.
3* will never get it done. That’s this whole roster. And no depth after we lose 15 or 16 starters. DR gone - wouldn’t surprise anyone

The officials didn’t miss the FG. The officials didn’t leave Illinois receivers uncovered all night - ALL NIGHT. The officials didn’t overthrow the winning TD in the 4th quarter.

All of those personal foul penalties on NU were legit. NU gifted IU 10 points with penalties. The gifted the other 21 by not covering receivers.

Sure we can. IL has a decent team. I think Nebraska has 4-5 losses.
Look at the schedule, tell me how Nebraska gets to 7 or 8? We have our annual beatings from Wisconsin and Iowa. No chance against OSU and USC. Indiana will roll us.
Once in 30 years extremely talented QB and we lack the urgency to make the most of it.

The officials called a great game with the exception of two calls on the field that went 100% Nebraska’s way (one of which that got correctly overturned).

1) the TD that was correctly overturned to an INT. That should have been called an INT on the field but eventually they got it right. The on-field refs tried to give Neb a TD.

2) the missed facemask on the ILL QB on a fourth down that gave the ball back to Neb rather than being a 1st down in scoring position for ILL. that was an egregious miss and an enormous momentum swing with Neb scoring a TD after getting the ball.

Stop complaining/whining.

Look at the schedule, tell me how Nebraska gets to 7 or 8? We have our annual beatings from Wisconsin and Iowa. No chance against OSU and USC. Indiana will roll us.
Once in 30 years extremely talented QB and we lack the urgency to make the most of it.
I think we beat Iowa and Wisconsin. Not sure about IU. I doubt we beat OSU or USC.

We have a good QB who can carry us. Wisconsin and Iowa don’t. IL has a good QB and he’s a big reason why we lost. That and our defense sucking cock and playing penalty ball extending drives

Yeah, refs didn’t lose that game for us. Didn’t get some of the bounces, but the personal fouls were all legit. Let’s get back to work. This squad isn’t a Frost squad. I know you guys see it, but don’t want to believe it.
It’s not a frost squad but we have a veteran team and still are losing to teams that have no business beating us

I think Neb is going to continue to be a dangerous team. DR is legit - but he’ll have some growing pains this year. I bet he hits that 4quarter overthrow for a TD 95 times out of 100, and if he hit it tonight, it’s a Neb win.

ILL may not be great, but they are a good team and played really well tonight.

Reactions: ssmill777
Can’t bitch about that. We shit the bed.
My problem with the game. 1. The D could not make a stop 2. DR seemed disinterested in OT 3. The most important item. On the last Husker Drive with a 2nd and 3 yards to go they run a cute little trick play that "almost" works to the 3rd string TE. Why not go for a high percentage 3.5 yard play, get the first down, move the chains and keep the drive alive. This would have forced IU to use their time outs, given the Huskers a chance to score a TD with little or no time left. Coaches deserve just as much blame as the officials and the players.

When I hear about blaming the refs I always think back to Jimmy Johnson at the Miami Hurricanes. Don't let the refs decide the games or put the game in the refs hands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT