ADVERTISEMENT

Officiating

These officials are horrible. Pass interference near the goal line by an official that was straight lined and didn't have a clear view. 12-0 in penalties????
There were 2 phantom PIs on us during the game and one prolonged their next to last drive I think it was. Crappy officiating. The WR grabbed our DB and pulled him in to draw the contact.

Bad officiating, but you can't blow a game like that. The officials didn't keep Nebraska from going on short and 4th, or three and out, or totally blowing a nice lead.

Our defense was not the only people on the field that were making mistakes.

Its just puzzling how the refs can spot the slightest hold or block in the back on us but can miss blatant hold after blatant hold against our opponents, can miss illegal motion on third down in OT and can never spot a PI or defensive holding vs our WR.
Simple there big 10 refs and we're the bastard child, supposedly the refs are graded every game I would like to see their grades how do they grade out let's have accountability heck I've always been for the head official take question from the media just like coaches and players let them explain on tv why they made this call and why you miss this

Its just puzzling how the refs can spot the slightest hold or block in the back on us but can miss blatant hold after blatant hold against our opponents, can miss illegal motion on third down in OT and can never spot a PI or defensive holding vs our WR.
NW has deeper pockets than we do.

There were 2 phantom PIs on us during the game and one prolonged their next to last drive I think it was. Crappy officiating. The WR grabbed our DB and pulled him in to draw the contact.

Isn't it a penalty to hit a quarterback when he is sliding ? That happened early in the game to 2AM and no call. NW guy led with his shoulder but 2AM was defiantly in the sliding motion. When I saw that I knew we were not going to get a fair game from the zebras

I am always hesitant to attack the refs in games my team lost, because I know very well that it could be my blatant homerism. But there was one play in the 2nd quarter that epitomized the horrendous officiating in the game yesterday. On that play the NW left tackle had his hand in our DE's face, pushing his head back. Then when the DE managed to disengage and swing inside the tackle the tackle obviously grabbed the DE's arm. And on the other side the right tackle had hold of the DE's jersey the entire play. Nothing called on the play, obviously. Now I'm not saying the officiating cost us the game. There are too many variables involved. But for God's sake, call the game evenly.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Simple there big 10 refs and we're the bastard child, supposedly the refs are graded every game I would like to see their grades how do they grade out let's have accountability heck I've always been for the head official take question from the media just like coaches and players let them explain on tv why they made this call and why you miss this
This is spot on. There is no doubt about it, but it’s like we are afraid of coming off as complaining or making excuses, so we don’t talk about it. But it’s been seven freaking years. If we are still the bastard step child after all this time, what makes us think this wil ever change?

Isn't it a penalty to hit a quarterback when he is sliding ? That happened early in the game to 2AM and no call. NW guy led with his shoulder but 2AM was defiantly in the sliding motion. When I saw that I knew we were not going to get a fair game from the zebras
This was pretty much the exact same thing Mo Barry got ejected for in the Troy game

This is spot on. There is no doubt about it, but it’s like we are afraid of coming off as complaining or making excuses, so we don’t talk about it. But it’s been seven freaking years. If we are still the bastard step child after all this time, what makes us think this wil ever change?

I think we'll always be the newcomers, but I think Frost may need to blow a gasket and get fined at some point due to a bad call.. just to call attention to it.

Reactions: headcard
Maybe this. They just give the best games to the best crews. See where I'm going with this. Kind of like a Beth mowins deal

I just looked at their third down play in OT. Don't see what you saw there. They had two guys shift and reset. Then one went in motion back to the right side and reset in the TE spot. I know you are supposed to be set for a full count if you are going to reset and not continue in motion. It was a pretty quick full count. Maybe that's what you were talking about. IF so, I could see your argument. Another case of refs choosing to bend the interpretation

I just looked at their third down play in OT. Don't see what you saw there. They had two guys shift and reset. Then one went in motion back to the right side and reset in the TE spot. I know you are supposed to be set for a full count if you are going to reset and not continue in motion. It was a pretty quick full count. Maybe that's what you were talking about. IF so, I could see your argument. Another case of refs choosing to bend the interpretation
Bent the hell out of intentional grounding, pass interference and targeting yesterday. Decided holding didn’t apply for one team. But hey we are paying our dues in this conference it’s only been seven years, can’t expect a fair shake yet.

Good point
Forgot to put in there that I am sure they are graded. But they would have to do something so egregious to get canned. Although they should. It's like a fraternity or mafia. Once you're in, you're in.

Ehh, there's a reason why Northwestern is the least penalized team in the country and we're right at the top
Yep, Fitz does a great job teaching them how to target the head of the QB after he slides without getting a flag. Then Davis gets a roughing call for taping the QB as the throws. Nothing to see here, just Fitz coaching them up.

Reactions: RedMyMind
There was no whistle blown after the second questioned intentional grounding. AtleaAt it's not audible to me. Not until we try running it in for a TD

Like I said I’m another post thread it’s hard to believe that a team can throw 64 times and not even once get called for holding all day long..

I'll rewatch it, but to me the te on the right side never got set and was moving forward when the ball was snapped.

I'll rewatch it, but to me the te on the right side never got set and was moving forward when the ball was snapped.
I didn't think he was moving but I will give you the fact that he wasn't set very long. He just came to a stop and the ball was snapped

Ya, the refs have an agreement to screw Nebraska......lol. What a ridiculous load of BS.
Excuse me Mr. Troll, but did you watch the game? It’s not even debatable that we were on the wrong side of every possible judgement call, yet again. In fact they didn’t chose to call one single penalty against NW, including going to the head of our QB after he slid. The only penalty they were called for was one false start, which I’m sure they will get an apology letter for.

Complaining about officials is what losers do. And we’re doing both a lot. Our problem isn’t the zebras.

Nebraska is like the old Raiders teams. They never committed any of the penalties either.

You have less need to hold a guy when he is rushing straight ahead and not able to get away from the initial engagement.

I think we need a special counsel to investigate this travesty.

Excuse me Mr. Troll, but did you watch the game? It’s not even debatable that we were on the wrong side of every possible judgement call, yet again. In fact they didn’t chose to call one single penalty against NW, including going to the head of our QB after he slid. The only penalty they were called for was one false start, which I’m sure they will get an apology letter for.
Not debateable? Ok. Let's all believe that the refs got together and agreed to stick it to Nebraska. That doesn't sound ridiculous at all. Obviously it's a referee conspiracy agaist the Huskers. Good eye there, smart guy.

Complaining about officials is what losers do. And we’re doing both a lot. Our problem isn’t the zebras.
You can admit this is happening and not be happy about it, without making excuses or blaming your problems on the zebras. I know it sounds tough and cool to go no excuses, but it is real and isn’t helping anything. And there is no reason for me to think it will stop anytime soon.

Last edited:
It's not just Nebraska and not just football. But Ten officiating is putrid and has been for decades.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Not debateable? Ok. Let's all believe that the refs got together and agreed to stick it to Nebraska. That doesn't sound ridiculous at all. Obviously it's a referee conspiracy agaist the Huskers. Good eye there, smart guy.
So you didn’t watch and are just trolling, got it. They were called for one false start all day that’s it. Zero holding calls on 64 pass attempts, no personal foul on targeting our QB after he slid in the open field. That’s not even mentioning the roughing the passer on us, multiple “judgement” calls on PI’s etc. Nothing odd about any of that, all totally normal. This conference does not want us here and does not want us to be successful, no reason to act like it isn’t happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: GILL T
So you didn’t watch and are just trolling, got it. They were called for one false start all day that’s it. Zero holding calls on 64 pass attempts, no personal foul on targeting a web after he slid in the open field. That’s not even mentioning the roughing the passer on us, multiple “judgement” calls on PI’s etc. Nothing odd about any of that, all totally normal. This conference does not want us here and does not want us to be successful, no reason to act like it isn’t happening.

Yep, definitely a referee conspiracy. You figured it out. Not even debatable. Good grief.

Yep, definitely a referee conspiracy. You figured it out. Not even debatable. Good grief.
Again go ahead and respond to any of what I actually wrote or even claim you watched the game. One penalty all day, zero holds on 64 passes, etc. But I wouldn’t expect someone pathetic enough to make up multiple troll accounts to actually know anything about football or even watch the games he is commenting on.

do you complainers really think the refs are out to get us? we commit some of dumbest penalties known to mankind right out in the middle of the field and you people think the refs are screwing us. we screw ourselves because of lack of discipline . get over it, we got beat and the officiating didn't cost us the game.
better yet for all of you who thinks the refs are horrible go out and try it sometime it's a difficult job to do.

I've seen every game. Nebraska plays dumb and undisciplined. No further explanation needed. Just because one team does a lot of dumb stuff and the other team doesn't, that doesn't mean there's a conspiracy. Refs do make mistakes......that is human error, not a conference conspiracy. It doesn't just happen to Nebraska. Can't believe someone would truly believe that the officials are part of a coordinated effort to screw them. As I said earlier, what a ridiculous load of BS. I hope you're just venting....goodness.

Yep, Fitz does a great job teaching them how to target the head of the QB after he slides without getting a flag. Then Davis gets a roughing call for taping the QB as the throws. Nothing to see here, just Fitz coaching them up.
No..if a player slides and gives himself up it is a penalty to contact that player..period..missed the call

do you complainers really think the refs are out to get us? we commit some of dumbest penalties known to mankind right out in the middle of the field and you people think the refs are screwing us. we screw ourselves because of lack of discipline . get over it, we got beat and the officiating didn't cost us the game.
better yet for all of you who thinks the refs are horrible go out and try it sometime it's a difficult job to do.
Give me a break. Big Ten officials make good coin, no reason to feel sorry for them or think they are beyond reproach. Playing and coaching is tough too, but you don’t seem to have a problem calling them out. Every conference, has it’s own culture and the B1G is the ultimate good ole boys club, PSU fans warned us about this. It’s OK to admit we are on the wrong side of this.

No..if a player slides and gives himself up it is a penalty to contact that player..period..missed the call
AND that's huge because that one has been"a point of emphasis". It's all about player safety and especially the qb. You can't breath on a QB without risking a penalty

Reactions: yunginsNU2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT