ADVERTISEMENT

"Official Visits" rules changes allowing recruits to bring 2 expenses paid guests is HUGE for N

Mtnhusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
Sunrise Beach, MO (Lake of the Ozarks)
I think the Huskers will benefit from this as much as any school. Parents that might not be able to afford to come half way across the country will be able to meet our coaches,the Performance Lab, see Lincoln, experience how the fans support the players, witness the team chemistry, tour the sports and academic facilities and see many of the academic benefits offered to Student Athletes at NU. All of the things that we hear from visiting coaches and parents when they are interviewed after their visit Lincoln for the first time. Most are shocked and quite impressed, not corn fields and tractors like they expected but state of the art athletics, unparalleled academic support plus a passionate fanbase that loves their Huskers. Impressing mom and dad with all of the academic success and family atmosphere plus the state of the art facilities won't be tough.

I know if my mom went on a recruiting visit with me she would be concentrating on the academics/academic support plus safety on the campus and surrounding community more than football and everything else. Plus she would want Coaches who were good people that cared about their players. I have to believe with Riley's down to earth charms plus emphasis to the recruits to find a college that will make them the best student athlete they can be will make mom and dad plenty warm and fuzzy inside. No Used Car Salesman Pressure Tactics.

We complain about exposure and busting Myths about Nebraska. This could also help us with high school coaches from all over the country if they are the ones who travel with the players instead of the parents. What high school coach wouldn't want to come to Nebraska to check out our football program for free? I have to believe most high school coaches will be blown away by what is offered to their players plus the quality of our coaches. Potentially changing perceptions of Nebraska in high school coaches eyes from all over the country. We might not see the results right away from the coaches visiting this fall but they could have more highly rated players in the following years that they might be more open to mention what Nebraska offers. It would be great for more people to see how special Nebraska is and debunk some of the Myths or perceptions from recruits that we often hear from recruits about expecting corn fields, nothing to do, small town..... How many recruits don't consider Nebraska or listening to the coaches because they think we are a Football Factory surrounded by a bunch of Corn Fields.

NU and Coach Riley offer the Student Athletes a great university with top notch facilities and support in a wonderful "College Town" atmosphere. Hopefully these rules changes help spread the word. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News