ADVERTISEMENT

Official - Frost back in 2022 with restructured contract

where does it say that he will be back in 2022? It implies it, but I don't see anything there that guarantees it.

• Haha
Reactions: rucker4
Disaster.... there’s also 2 games left on THIS years schedule. We wind up 3-9 and your keeping Frost? I really don’t understand.....

Reactions: headcard
Ok, better win then. No excuses left and no debate left. The program will survive even if Scott Frost fails again next year. Lower buyout if he fails again and more money to hire a good staff.
"Lower buyout if he fails again and more money to hire a good staff."

The only good news silver lining in the news.

Sucks we will lose even worse next year.

"Lower buyout if he fails again and more money to hire a good staff."

The only good news silver lining in the news.

Sucks we will lose even worse next year.
that and facilities will be another year closer to being complete to sell to a new head coach.

It's Coach Frost's head coaching career that will be on the "survive or dead" line next season so he better win or it is over for him.

So with this in place I would assume we would hear something soon if any assistants are being replaced... Other top programs have/are making changes and we can't be on the outside looking in waiting until the last minute... rip the bandaid off if it's going to happen

If they retain Frost AND make no changes to staff...nothing really surprises me anymore I guess with this university....

Reactions: headcard
I'm sure Trev Alberts got the buyout significantly lowered so if a change is needed next year, it can be much more financially doable.

I'm not even made about this. I'm just going to look at it in a positive way. Win or fired. If he doesn't win, then the program will move on and we will have more money to work with for a new staff. If he wins, then all is good.

From a staff and player perspective, I'm not going to expect anything that is done will make anything better.

We know how this will play out...some changes will be made to claim changes were made, then lose to Northwestern and it goes from there.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Ok, better win then. No excuses left and no debate left. The program will survive even if Scott Frost fails again next year. Lower buyout if he fails again and more money to hire a good staff.
The powers that be have spoken. Many of us detailed many reasons why this HC should have been sent packing, but we have been nullified by the statement by Trev.

Since none of us know the actual details, about all we can do is continue to bitch, point out areas that are obvious, and wait for another year.

I was a NU fan long before Trev and Frost, and I will continue to be a fan. As it appears that "winning" is secondary, the onus will be on Frost to show either he can get the job done, or we can replay this charade again next year.

Do I have any confidence that Frost will make it happen? Of course not. He runs a loose ship, a non-accountable operation, and is a firm believer in playing those he likes, rather than those who have earned the right to start.

(Pardon me while I whine a bit more). Nebraska football has been a total suck ass proposition for over a decade, apparently, one more year won't make any difference. I've never been involved in any corporation or business that readily accepts failure and then continues to reward the "point man" with more time to prove him/herself.

Frost better thank his lucky stars, because in the REAL world of business, his ass should have been sent packing. The recruiting class will match up well with the OSU and MICH recruits.

If Frost retains Austin, Verduzco, and Dawson as the ST coach, then this entire program is a big FU to fans that are committed to winning.

Y'all chill. Frost will keep the ship afloat while the new facilities finish up. Then he either breaks through and we're all happy, or he doesn't break through and is canned (at a MUCH cheaper price for NU) and we wipe the slate clean with a new coaching staff with lots to sell recruits on for a promising future and more cash under the mattress. It's a win-win.

I have to say I'm surprised that Alberts opted for cost saving over improving the football program. I know he chose the cost saving route when he terminated athletic programs at UNO but this is Nebraska football not UNO wrestling.

When we're in the same spot next year with a losing record and they decide to fire Frost, go ahead and fire Alberts too.
No doubt having a coach that loves the university and has a vested interest is the only reason he is retained. If we are in the same spot next year, this contract restructuring will likely save the university $15m, assuming the performance clauses are put into action. As an AD, that's a pretty good deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT